IGNORED

Experience Midfielder

Claverham_Red

• Admin

I read somewhere the other day that Lee Marshall of West Brom turned down a loan move here, and decided to go to Hull instead. He's played in the Premiership with Leicester and WBA, so it looks as though we are looking for someone with similar experience to him.

ornandi Lowe of rushden and diamonds has always been a good attacking midfielder who i have looked at all season. but i am not good with shortlisting players. like remember when i said we shuld sign Faustino Asprilla and Anthony Yeboah :D:D what was i on that night. But Matthew Spring of Luton also is dangerous and john salako of Reading but salako will be a long shot.

ornandi Lowe of rushden and diamonds has always been a good attacking midfielder who i have looked at all season.
I always thought Lowe was an out and out striker with very little ablity.He just makes the most of his height.Couldn't control a football to save his life...A donkey in other words.

I'm going to put two and two together here, and hopefully come up with the answer.

Despite making an appearance in the FA Cup yesterday, there is one player that has loads of Premiership experience, and has recently had a transfer request accepted. His current club may accept a loan move until the end of the season, and then wait to see what happens from there.

Who is it?

Nicky Butt :D

... not unless we're orthopaedic surgeons now - he did his cruciate in training last week

Just as well we didn't move in for Forbes a couple of weeks ago then.

Chris Marsden of Southampton would've been ideal but it looks like he's off to Korea.

As for "experienced", that doesn't mean he has to be 30+, like Warhurst or Stone - DW could have a much younger player in mind.

For City, experienced could mean anybody over 25.

We've shed Coupe, McGuire, Hulbert and Clist since the start of the season as well as having Hawkins, Jones and Matthews out on loan so there should be room for a player or two now.

danny just says that if a few injuries occur we could be a bit short in midfield.

is adrian forbes the experience midfielder we are looking at?

Dont think so mate, he's just done his cruciate knee ligament, dunno how serious it it though..

i was thinking the lines of nick barnby is struggling to get back into the 1st team got a good bit of experiance and leeds might just accept it for abit of money
Leeds might be glad of a bit of money, but Barmby is reputedly on 30k a week at Leeds, and given that he wasn't prepared to take a deferment in wages to help them out, I can't see him coming down here for thirty five quid a week and all the dider he can drink.

Barmby is on something stupid like 30k a week, so i doubt leeds are going to let him go out on loan...

We couldnt afford to pay 20% of his wages, so i doubt leeds would let him go as their squad is tiny...

I'm offering:

3/1 - Warhurst (fav)

7/1 - Bart Williams

8/1 - Wilcox

10/1 - Gascoigne

11/1 - Bakke

30/1 - Burley

40/1 - Barmby

100/1 McAll

1000/1 - Butt

100,000/1 - Zidane

1,000000/1 - Scott Murray

This might also be wishfull thinking but remember that guy for swansea who tore our midfield apart. little guy loadsa skill.... leon Britton, now i know he isnt going to be cheap and he doesnt have the experience but what a signing he would be, probably too much money and give us too many headaches for the best midfield, but what i singing he would be. Full of potential!

Archived