IGNORED

You Can't Say It Hasn't Been Coming

arpaul

but it has finally happened. Tinnion has gone and not before time.

My views on Tinnion as a player and manager have been well documented on the forum, and to certain members in the Supporters Club.

He has failed woefully as a manager, and Saturdays annilihation was I'm afraid the culmination of 17 months of mismanagement. The break must be complete. How can a new manager work with the "Ex" lurking within the corridors of the senate?

I'm sure a few of the remaining "Tinnionites" will read this and assume that I am gloating. Far from it. My worry is that Bristol City may not recover from Tinnions disastrous tenure, in time to avoid relegation.

Jed Pitman summed it up on ITV this evening during the football round up. They showed City, Swindon, Rovers and then came the phrase, " now onto Yeovil Town, the regions top side." YEOVIL TOWN for Christs sake

Legend? No. Overated as a player and achieved 1 more relegation than promotion, and, totally inept as a manager.

Gloating? No. Far from it.

Angry? Yes. To bl00dy right.

Saddened? Only in the fact that the appointment should never have been made in the first place.

Guest routabout
He tried to give us what we all wanted, including Tinman himself, Tinnionite or not let him have some dignity please.

I'll second that. We all have our opinions, but come on give the guy a break will you? He's stepped down, you've got your wish, now let it be.

I supported him through his tenure, but I agree that his resignation from the role was the best thing for everybody concerned. If we make the right move now, then the promotion plan could be well on still. Talk of relegation and it being all down to Tinman is just plain ridiculous and serves no purpose but to incite hatred, IMO. Never recover from Tinnion's effect to avoid relegation? Sorry, you suppot City don't you? That's the biggest load of defeatist tosh I have ever read!

Personally I disagree with almost everything you have said here (and indeed nearly always actually).

Without question, Tins is the most missed player of the last two seasons. Without him our team has looked an awful lot weaker which is why DW was unable to drop him no matter how much he wanted to!!

You have your wish, Tins has gone. You will have to find something else to moan about now then I guess?

Guarantee you have enjoyed leading the boos over recent games.. what will you do with yourself on a matchday now?!?

Personally I disagree with almost everything you have said here (and indeed nearly always actually).

Without question, Tins is the most missed player of the last two seasons.  Without him our team has looked an awful lot weaker which is why DW was unable to drop him no matter how much he wanted to!!

You have your wish, Tins has gone.  You will have to find something else to moan about now then I guess?

Guarantee you have enjoyed leading the boos over recent games.. what will you do with yourself on a matchday now?!?

Actually, your allegations are totally misplaced.

Ok arpaul is very bias in his views on BT.

But I can assure you that during the last 17 months, the only displeasure shown by him has been the shake of the head & the odd wave of the white hankie! biggrin.gif

I sit somewhere in between. I don't think BT was that bad a player, but I certainly wouldn't class him as a legend.

Spent most of his time in the lower divisions.

Try not to be so critical of supporters who want their team to be 'winners'

For many fans the club has gone backwards over the past 17 months.

And the air of gloom has been removed form AG.

BT got it wrong - and some fans were saying this from day one. Why have they got to be the 'boo boys' - many of them want something than some other fans don't seem to have - desire & ambition.

What a great forum this is. biggrin.gif

Thats the beauty of football. A game of opinions, and you have every right to disagree with mine.

Without question, Tins is the most missed player of the last two seasons.  Without him our team has looked an awful lot weaker which is why DW was unable to drop him no matter how much he wanted to!!

Thats the beauty of football. A game of opinions, and this time I have every right to disagree with you. Defensively, I think we miss Lee Peacock defending from the front. Love him or loathe him, his effort could not be questioned. I also believe that Tommy Doherty has proved a greater loss in midfield this season. We have no one in midfield of his ilk. Breaking up opposing play, moving the ball quickly (with either foot). Shame his fitness fell below the required level. How good should he have been!!

You have your wish, Tins has gone.  You will have to find something else to moan about now then I guess?

Tosh, Tosh and yet more Tosh. Since the 1967/68 season all I have ever known is supporting Bristol City Football Club. From the heady heights of top flight football in the Seventies, to the depths of despair during the Eighties. Any weekend when City lose is ruined.

My concern was that after four years of stability under Wilson, where we improved every season, Brian Tinnion was not the right choice to succeed him. Allegedly, his coaching qualifications had been rushed through in a very short space of time, had little or no experience in dealing with professional footballers either on or off the field, and, had never shown any leadership qualities during his playing days. Now after 17 months of abject failure, and taking the club back four years+, I feel that my concerns are some what vindicated.

Leading the booing? No. In all the years I've watched, I can't say that I've ever booed anyone in a City shirt. I am a City fan, and I want the best for my team, and if that means without Tinnion then so be it. The club is far bigger than any individual. It's a shame that just because I don't think Tinnion is a legend, I should be classed as a boo boy.  disapointed2se.gif

The fact of the matter is that if you were to be honest with yourself, you'd know that I'm right.

But thats my opinion wink.gif

Guest I bleed red 'n' white
but it has finally happened. Tinnion has gone and not before time.

My views on Tinnion as a player and manager have been well documented on the forum, and to certain members in the Supporters Club.

He has failed woefully as a manager, and Saturdays annilihation was I'm afraid the culmination of 17 months of mismanagement. The break must be complete. How can a new manager work with the "Ex" lurking within the corridors of the senate?

I'm sure a few of the remaining "Tinnionites" will read this and assume that I am gloating. Far from it. My worry is that Bristol City may not recover from Tinnions disastrous tenure, in time to avoid relegation.

Jed Pitman summed it up on ITV this evening during the football round up. They showed City, Swindon, Rovers and then came the phrase, " now onto Yeovil Town, the regions top side."  YEOVIL TOWN for Christs sake

Legend? No. Overated as a player and achieved 1 more relegation than promotion, and, totally inept as a manager.

Gloating? No. Far from it.

Angry? Yes. To bl00dy right.

Saddened? Only in the fact that the appointment should never have been made in the first place.

overrated player???? rofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gif

you are having a laugh aren't you??? he wore number 11 and previously 6 by the way in case you hadn't noticed you know one of the best and most consistant and loyal players ever at the gate?

this might just make you eat whatever the hell that was which came out your mouth

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Recor...,,10327,00.html

Thats the beauty of football.

Indeed it is, indeed it is!

Thats the beauty of football. A game of opinions, and this time I have every right to disagree with you. Defensively, I think we miss Lee Peacock defending from the front. Love him or loathe him, his effort could not be questioned. I also believe that Tommy Doherty has proved a greater loss in midfield this season. We have no one in midfield of his ilk. Breaking up opposing play, moving the ball quickly (with either foot). Shame his fitness fell below the required level. How good should he have been!!

Interesting shout!! I too think we have missed Lee Peacock massively and you will find if you could be bothered to search (I wouldn't wink.gif ) that I said exactly the same when Lee left.  I had a lot of respect for him, worked hard until the end.

As for Tommy, I think we missed him throughout last season....

Tosh, Tosh and yet more Tosh.

I'm not sure that it is complete tosh?  You clearly wanted Tinnion out and I am sure you wouldn't say otherwise, and you therefore have got your wish.

My concern was that after four years of stability under Wilson, where we improved every season, Brian Tinnion was not the right choice to succeed him. Allegedly, his coaching qualifications had been rushed through in a very short space of time, had little or no experience in dealing with professional footballers either on or off the field, and, had never shown any leadership qualities during his playing days. Now after 17 months of abject failure, and taking the club back four years+, I feel that my concerns are some what vindicated.

Whether he has regressed the club four years I don't think either of us know actually.  I agree that we improved under Danny every season until that last season where we changed.. Danny changed.  His mindset was far more defensive and I think there were a few underlying problems beginning to set in (eg Doherty?).

I think it was the right decision to let Danny go and yes, in retrospect, Tinnion wasn't the right appointment.  Your points could be read differently however... he had spent 11 seasons at the cluba nd knew the club and fans very very well, he had played a large part in recruiting Lee Miller and had shown a real talent for coaching/management when doing his badges.  So much so, that he was able to complete the courses very quickly...

I think Tinnion deserved a chance and I think that there were one or two people who never gave him a fair crack of the whip before criticising.  It is my impression from your posts that you are one of these people.

Leading the booing? No. In all the years I've watched, I can't say that I've ever booed anyone in a City shirt. I am a City fan, and I want the best for my team, and if that means without Tinnion then so be it. The club is far bigger than any individual. It's a shame that just because I don't think Tinnion is a legend, I should be classed as a boo boy. 

Absolutely.  I apologise for allowing my frustration spill over into a misplaced assumption.  I am glad that you don't feel the need to boo our players and therefore I am sure you will inderstand my frustration with those that do!

The fact of the matter is that if you were to be honest with yourself, you'd know that I'm right.

I've thought long and hard... but I'm still pretty sure I am right on the original subject.  read through the opinions of others and I am sure you will agree with me! wink.gif .  BT = legend.

But thats my opinion 

But thats my opinion 

Its pointless try to persuade Arpaul that Tinnion had any qualities as a player in all the time he played for City despite almost all City fans rating Tinnion as a class act.He has a very fixed opinion - I know because I've heard his views virtually every home game for years!

As a player Tinnion had his limitations.No pace and only one foot.Thats why he never played for long at a higher level.That said he could do more damage with one foot than most lower league players could do with two.

He will remembered by 99% of City fans as a very good player but not by Arpaul.

Actually, your allegations are totally misplaced.

Ok arpaul is very bias in his views on BT.

We agree on that...

But I can assure you that during the last 17 months, the only displeasure shown by him has been the shake of the head & the odd wave of the white hankie!  biggrin.gif

See my post to him...

I sit somewhere in between. I don't think BT was that bad a player, but I certainly wouldn't class him as a legend.

The reason tins spent time in these divisions? Because we did, and he chose to stay loyal to us.  Legend is borne in the mind of the majority and I think if you read through the posts on this forum, you will see that to the majority he is a legend.

Try not to be so critical of supporters who want their team to be 'winners'

For many fans the club has gone backwards over the past 17 months.

And the air of gloom has been removed form AG.

I still very much feel it hanging over at the moment Richie.  I also would never criticise someone for wanting the club to succeed.... as I have said before, I don't have a problem with criticism I just get frustrated with how it is delivered.  Sometimes my frustration boils over apparently wink.gif .

BT got it wrong - and some fans were saying this from day one. Why have they got to be the 'boo boys' - many of them want something than some other fans don't seem to have - desire & ambition.

so I was willing to give BT a chance... do I lack desire and ambition?

What a great forum this is. biggrin.gif

Sometimes Richie... Sometimes!

overrated player????      rofl2br.gif  rofl2br.gif  rofl2br.gif  rofl2br.gif  rofl2br.gif  rofl2br.gif  rofl2br.gif  rofl2br.gif  rofl2br.gif  rofl2br.gif

Why the laughter? Is there a problem with my spelling or grammar?

you are having a laugh aren't you???  he wore number 11 and previously 6 by the way in case you hadn't noticed you know one of the best and most consistant and loyal players ever at the gate?

Does the number make a difference? Clive Whitehead also wore 11 as did Gerry Sharpe, as did Jimmy Mann and Alan Walsh occasionally. Just as Geoff Merrick and Norman Hunter wore 6.

With a full five years of support behind you, you must be well read up on the players of yesteryear to suggest that he is the most consistant player ever at the Gate

this might just make you eat  whatever the hell that was which came out your mouth

Calm down dear. Its only an opinion wink.gif 

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Recor...,,10327,00.html

I don't think BT was that bad a player, but I certainly wouldn't class him as a legend.

What like Bristol City???? Surely that would make him a legend for Bristol City?

If we go by your rules, a fan of say Rovers, Macclesfield, Yeovil etc wouldn't have any legends. You obviously disagree that Marcus Stewart is a Huddersfield legend, or that Steve Bull is a Wolves legend or Jimmy Walker a Walsall legend.

Would be interested to know how you class legendary status.

In the 14 years i've watched city, there are two players i'd count as legends - Tinman city.gif (500+ games, passion above any other player, the liverpool game, a number of seasons as the best passer in the league etc), and Shaun Taylor city.gif - (the rock of the promotion team, afraid of nothing, and since irreplaceable). If Scott Murray had returned the same player that left he would be getting close to legendary status (unfortunately not the case anymore).

Previous to my time, probably Bob Taylor (obviously a WBA legend), Jacki, Joe Jordan, all the Ashton Gate 8, Alan Dicks, Almost all the team that last gave the club top division status, Wedlock, Atyeo city.gifcity.gifcity.gif

Archived