IGNORED

In Theory, If He Was To Leave His Current Club..

Steve Watts

Who would want to see Holloway take the reigns?!?!?

I know it isn't on the agenda, but just curious to know the views of people if this was the case. I know there's the whole Saghead love affair that he has, but I think there is an underlying, okay - grudging - respect for the guy and I for one wouldn't rule it out as a bad move. He naturally wouldn't come here to screw us over as that would do his future job prospects no good. He never made it at the Gas for the same reason that Tins never made it here....you can't have a big fan in charge of the club as they never really get that the players won't share the same sort of passion as them. This thought only jumped into my head after reading the thread about Docs being sent off...As I said...purely hypothetical as it obviously ain't going to happen, but just curious..

So.....What are peoples views....? (As I prepare myself for the slaughter!!!) pinch.gif

Guest walshy shuffle

prepare yourself for the slaughter!! rofl2br.gif .I think Holloway would be a good coach for bristol city and would be the man needed to kick a few players butts that are in the comfort zone.But as you said it will never happen!!! The rovers fans would never forgive him!!!Plus hes managing a team in a higher leauge so why would he want to come here??? biggrin.gifcity.gif

Can't believe this keeps coming up. doh.gif

Holloway has always detested City, ever since he was a Tote End boy.

He has never hidden that fact, whether it be his aggressive demeanour on the pitch and constant winding up of City fans when playing against us, or the outrageous comments he made about the club before Derby matches.

There is no man in the football world who despises Bristol City more than Ian Holloway.

It is vital City appoint someone the fans would really get full square behind - there are several good candidates on the 'likely list' - and (apart from Pulis) Holloway would be the most divisive choice.

It really would be the final, final straw for many fans if he was ever appointed manager of City.

A Holloway type manager - yes. Holloway himself - No!

Absolutely. Holloway has made it clear in no uncertain terms that he dislikes Bristol City. That's fine, but if he came to manage here he would find it very difficult for the very reason he will have dug a large hole for himself.

It's like Brian Clough going to leeds in 1974. Except Clough was more a critic of the style of play than the club itself. With Holloway it's everything from the board to the fans that he dislikes.

Holloway admittedly has done very well but he wouldn't be able to do anything here, and I don't think he'd want to anyway.

Archived