IGNORED

Steve Mcmahon

Milo

A manager I haven't thought of. My only concern is that I heard he didnt like playing acadamy players at Swindon. Guess that would please ashtonyate though doh.gif

Did a good job at Blackpool and I remember seeing him after the mauling against Blackpool in 2002. He was escaping lots of city fans but they were actually congratulating him and my husband shook his hand. Wonder if he still remembers that game??

Still not a bad shout. Not like you to rumour monger Milo ??

Could this be Supporters Trust influence ?  biggrin.gif

Rare that I get a good rumour, Richie! The source was not related to the ST but you know the golden rules of rumour-mongering, I cannot possibly divulge...

Funny one that, seeing as hes is managing some team in Australia.

I wasn't sure where he's been since 2004 - perhaps his current contract has no clause preventing him from applying?

Living between Preston and Blackpool it's not surprising I have friends in both camps.

McMahon, I'd have him above 99% of the other candidates mentioned on here. Tough, aggresive, doesn't accept fools kindly, fiercely ambitious, rants abit though. Has the medals, our kids should look up to him. He'd soon sort out the wasters. Won promotions with Swindon and blackpool on shoestrings. Needs a very brave and ambitious Chairman to deal with him??

Brown, good shout, probably a few years too late, I think he's comfy and lost his ambition a bit............. hmmmmmmmmm.

Living between Preston and Blackpool it's not surprising I have friends in both camps.

McMahon, I'd have him above 99% of the other candidates mentioned on here. Tough, aggresive, doesn't accept fools kindly, fiercely ambitious, rants abit though. Has the medals, our kids should look up to him. He'd soon sort out the wasters. Won promotions with Swindon and blackpool on shoestrings. Needs a very brave and ambitious Chairman to deal with him??

Brown, good shout, probably a few years too late, I think he's comfy and lost his ambition a bit............. hmmmmmmmmm.

Good post.

Where is Rich our resident Swindle fan? what's your view?

Funny one that, seeing as hes is managing some team in Australia.

He's managing Perth Glory in the newly re-launched A-League down in Oz -

http://foxsports.news.com.au/aleague/?from=FS_hp

Mmmmmmm, Perth or Brizzle ?? Bit of a no brainer that...then again if he fancies a new challenge...

McMahon wouldn't be a bad choice and has good experience of managing in the lower leagues and did relatively well with Swindle. My personal choice is still Stan Ternent though. He's available immediately, he's done well at this level and above in the past with Burnley and Bury and almost saved Gillingham from relegation last season.

John Ward - NO - No going back

Mark McGhee - NO - Useless

Stan Ternant - NO - Suffers from a great deal of self-importance!

Lennie Lawrence - NO - God I hope not!

Martin Allen - NO - Don't believe he'd want the job anyway!

Gary Johnson (Yeovil) - NO - Again don't think he'd want it!

Looking at Evening POst piece now only good shout is possibly Terry Conner?

I STILL SAY KEITH CURLE!!

Archived