IGNORED

John Robertson

stevep38

Hi all,

An article to day in the Scottish sun reads and i quote......

John Robertson has joined Ian Mcall on the shortlist to be Bristol Citys new gaffer.

Robins chairman Stephen Lansdown has been impressed with the way the former Hearts boss got the best out of Lee Miller who flopped at Ashton Gate.

And as well as Hearts wins over Basel and Celtic, the City chief noted Robbos success in guiding Ross County to the top of the 1st division with limited resourses.

A City insider confirmed Both John Robertson and Ian Mcall have been discussed.

Any one think hed be a good manager. By the way for those who don't know Ross County FC are located in Dingwall which is north of Inverness.

I would be very pleased if he became our manager.I might be wrong, but wasn't he assistant manager at Celtic? If he was, he is a big part of the reason Celtic had so much success with O'Neill. Clough rated Robertson very highly too, if it is the one i am thinking of. If he came, i would be jumping for joy to be honest!

Guest routabout

I must admit he has shown promise and I too am swayed slightly by the fans reaction when he was sacked. I find myself eating my own words here, approving of a manager from north of the border, but there you go.

Guest routabout
That could confuse the crowd........ "there's only,  err,  two John Robertson's, two John Robertson's................

Quality. Like "There's only one and a half Sam Allardyce...."

Guest routabout

It's not looking too good for John Robertson now, is it? With all this support for his possible appointment, the poor guy doesn't stand a chance of landing the job. wink.gif

Not that it makes any difference, but he does fit the bill as a manager with modern ideas and a fresh outlook.

He hasn't failed anywhere yet either, so can bring that to any discussions with the players.

Should be confident.

Is he out of work though, no compensation will be paid remember?

he got sacked last summer at Hearts and he is unemployed, so we should not pay a lot of money.

I never thought of him at all an hour ago, Now He is my Favourite for the Bristol City Managers job.

Another thing to point out, he was Captain of Forest and won the European Cup so i am sure he has laods of great contacts in the game. He must have learned much from them.

There was two John Robertson's One managed Hearts whilst the other was the Assistant Manager at Celtic

So we could have John Robertson as manager and John Robertson as assistant manager. That would also allow for the continuity Steve Lansdown mentioned in his interview, as the tracksuits would already have the right initials on them when Robertson eventually succeeded Robertson.

Archived