IGNORED

Myths And Legends

mozo

I know we're discussing him to death but:

I love the myths about the man, if he read some of these comments I'd imagine he's rocking in the corner of a darkened room, tears streaming down that frowning face of his. Myths:

1. He failed at the club. Did he? Promotion from this division was success. The team were playing with spirit and commitment. He struggled managing at the higher level as most bosses do in the first season up. What do we expect? He signed Akinbiyi who we later sold for loads so he paid us back for his failure to continue in the position.

2. He walked out on us. Of course he did, but not in the flippant way that some seem to think. His pride was tested to the limit by Davidson and he did what most people would do as a reaction. Davidson's knee-jerk antics were to contribute to him losing his job.

Pulis failed. Jordan failed second time around. Wilson, who we all respect, failed. Tinnion could be judged to have failed! Ward didn't fail, he wasn't even given the chance to finish the job. And I'm not sure if his statement that he needed help was his thoughts, more the chairman's. The comment came after their 'chat'.

Give him a break. Saying that though, don't give the job!! w00t.gif

Did Steve L say that we should judge him on Tinnion's success? Will we?

The only person in that thread who says he was sacked is Red_Goblin. Just because SteveL doesn't outrightly deny it doesn't make it true - he didn't respond to any of the questions.

The story given at the time by BOTH Davidson and Ward was that Ward was unhappy with not being consulted about the appointment of Lennartsson and resigned.

Nibor

The only person in that thread who says he was sacked is Red_Goblin.  Just because SteveL doesn't outrightly deny it doesn't make it true - he didn't respond to any of the questions.

The story given at the time by BOTH Davidson and Ward was that Ward was unhappy with not being consulted about the appointment of Lennartsson and resigned.

Nibor

That's exactly what I remember, which is why I sympathise with the guy being labelled a failure. He was a potential failure at best!

The only person in that thread who says he was sacked is Red_Goblin.  Just because SteveL doesn't outrightly deny it doesn't make it true - he didn't respond to any of the questions.

Nibor

I remember when this happened, and at the Time SL had admitted on an interview on the official site that he had been sacked.

Clive's question to SL was in response to that article smile.gif

2. He walked out on us. Of course he did, but not in the flippant way that some seem to think. His pride was tested to the limit by Davidson and he did what most people would do as a reaction. Davidson's knee-jerk antics were to contribute to him losing his job.

Wrong, John Ward was sacked - even Steve Lansdown admitted that fact in an interview recently !!!!!!!!!

Still amounts to a Davidson knee-jerk reaction if you ask me, and I don't think Ward failed in any way as I have preached thus far. Just seems like some fans get a little OTT sometimes. Non? If he was previously fired, I doubt he'd return, or be asked to.

If he had any success, it was with someone elses team and then he admitted he ran out of ideas, was clueless, said he needed help,had a tantrum and walked out after saying he wasn't going to be number 2 to anyone - no ifs,no buts, no maybes - and then after screwing City for thousands, went to be number 2 at Wolves.

How can you consider trusting an oik like that

Archived