IGNORED

Interesting

Dastardly and Muttley

Just found this, an old article from the Sunday Herald:

McCall Article

After a 7-1 humiliation, albeit at Rangers, several Dundee United players went to the Chairman in support of the manager.

Seems McCall won the respect of his players up there, surely he could do the same here??

Has my campaign against this unemployable buffoon not worked?

He didn't manage to win the respect of his players at Clydebank, who wrote letters to the press saying how incompetent he was.

Neither did he manage this at Morton. And we won't talk about Airdrie.

I posted a link to the Clydebank forum on a previous thread, where you can read for yourself the esteem he's held in up north. I'd rather listen to fans who have seen his teams play and witnessed his pathetic tantrums than some establishment figure from the Herald.

I've read the article, and it's purely speculative. There's absolutely no substance to it. I quote: "Can you name the Tannadice three? Ian McCall may be battle hardened enough to fight his own wars, but he confirmed last night that a select band of his players did indeed go to see chairman Eddie Thompson"

So only three players went to see the chairman? Not exactly on the scale of protests at Derby when Clough resigned is it?

And McCall himself confirmed the rumour! Very good journalism. Not.

Firstly, it always worries me when I hear of players protesting against the possible, or actual, dismaissal of their manager. It seems as though they know they are onto an easy life with this guy and want it to stay that way. Secondly, we have just got rid of one manager for instigating a 7-1 defeat, do we want another who has held that dubious record?

Archived