IGNORED

What The Board Couldnt Afford

Tomo

I think you could be onto something with that suggestion Tomo... What a brilliant idea.

If not, then Graham Taylor on his own.

He has a proven track record at every level (apart from with England)

1972-1977 Lincoln City - promoted as champions from old 4th division in his first season and was poached by Watford.

1977-1987 Watford - Took them from the 4th div to the 1st div. Also runners up in the FA cup final.

1987-1990 Aston Villa - League Runners up to the then dominant Liverpool.

1990-1993 England - Not so good!

1994-1995 Wolverhampton Wanderers - Only given one full season in charge, but made the play offs.

1996-2001 Watford - Rebuilt an ailing team and achieved two successive promotions from the then 2nd. Div to the premiership.. Beating city to the Div 2 championship along the way.

2002-2003 Aston Villa - Problems with the board led to him retiring from the game....

Could he be tempted back into league football???

Not so sure and could be quite expensive.

Matt, comments noted.

I always seem to forget his statistics as a club manager and think of his muppet (or turnip) days with England.

His experience is second to none but what about his style of football ???

In fairness Watford under his reign didnt play to much long ball !!

Still have reseverations but anyone saying Taylor has done nothing in the game are talking rubbish.

His post match interviews would be a chuckle anyway !

Tomo

Having watched a couple of documentaries on him, plus his stint on the Sky One show, I think hes a manager for the 80s.

Hes so outdated its untrue, and wouldn't be successful inmo.

As I said in another thread, I'm not bothered about experience, more about the attributes they bring to the job. Taylor doesn't have those. His achievements are in the past.

Guest North Street
Matt, comments noted.

I always seem to forget his statistics as a club manager and think of his muppet (or turnip) days with England.

His experience is second to none but what about his style of football ???

In fairness Watford under his reign didnt play to much long ball !!

Still have reseverations but anyone saying Taylor has done nothing in the game are talking rubbish.

His post match interviews would be a chuckle anyway !

Tomo

That is a bit of fishing right? Because My friend Taylors Watford almost invented [Charles Hughes actually!] the long ball game. mad.gif

Ahh two exclmation marks chant6ez.gif

Archived