IGNORED

Chance To Bring The Smile Back - Please

richieb

We are never going to please everyone.

And we all putting forward our views on who is best for the Managers post.

SL is the man with all the answers - but what will be his major desires.

Experience - biggrin.gif

Ability to motivate - biggrin.gif

Tactical awareness - biggrin.gif

Working within financial restraints - smile.gif

Obvious key factors.

But one important factor that has to be covered is the need to bring the smile & belief back to the fans.

Already we see names put forward that could cause early unrest.

Names like:-

Ward sad.gif

Laurence sad.gif

Rosenior sad.gif

Gould sad.gif

Would this list of potential managers bring that smile back to the fans dunno.gif

Not in my opinion.

Wouldn't it be best then to deliver a manager that has worked his magic away from the historics of AG.

Someone who will a give a real buzz to the fanbase.

Someone like Johnson would do it - I know it's unlikely, but this is the kind of appt that would really get the smile raining down from the terraces again.

Is SL ready to pull this magic out of the hat ?

Or are we going to see an appt that would need some serious justification ?

The suspense is a killer.

blink.gif

For me if we can't get Johnson, I hope Butcher,Robertson, Black etc are ready to be pulled.

Someone that won't have history that cause's unrest. Someone who we can give total support to as fans.

SL needs to start treating us like fans and telling us that he is doing what he thinks is right for us instead of me me me.......

...Come on SL talk to us like you mean it.

SL needs to start treating us like fans and telling us that he is doing what he thinks is right for us instead of me me me.......

...Come on SL talk to us like you mean it.

He can't afford another 'me me me' appt.

praying smiley.gif

Obviously it will be his man, but this is a BIG opportunity to bring the divsions together.

Guest routabout

Well said richie. Nobody wants us to jump out of the pan into any fires. Whoever comes in, it has to be somebody who is going to lift the fans as well as the players.

Sorry, I forgot to add, that the man brought in has to have the respect of the fans. Lawrence doesn't and Ward certainly relinquished any respect he might have had, when he lost his bottle.

Well said richie. Nobody wants us to jump out of the pan into any fires. Whoever comes in, it has to be somebody who is going to lift the fans as well as the players.

Sorry, I forgot to add, that the man brought in has to have the respect of the fans. Lawrence doesn't and Ward certainly relinquished any respect he might have had, when he lost his bottle.

I have a niggle that we won't get that type of appt.

As you say respect from manager & fans alike.

Both LL & JW would bring divides to the fanbase.

Probably Peter Reid would meet with a general warm reception from most City fans but as Richie says there are some potential appointee's that would not.

Whilst Steve Lansdown should not be overly swayed by fans opinions - it is nevertheless something that cannot be completely ignored as to appoint a manager to who the fans show hostilty to (like Lawrence) will make the job even more difficult for the individual.The support of the faithfull is essential.

A balance has to be reached - someone who is accpetable to the fans but also someone who is also acceptable to the board and from what I've read so far either John Ward or Peter Reid are favourites.

Guest routabout
Probably Peter Reid would meet with a general warm reception from most City fans but as Richie says there are some potential appointee's that would not.

Whilst Steve Lansdown should not be overly swayed by fans opinions - it is nevertheless something that cannot be completely ignored as to appoint a manager to who the fans show hostilty to (like Lawrence) will make the job even more difficult for the individual.The support of the faithfull is essential.

A balance has to be reached - someone who is accpetable to the fans but also someone who is also acceptable to the board and from what I've read so far either John Ward or Peter Reid are favourites.

And of those two, Ward would involve compensation, which their chairman has already suggested may be prohibitive and our's has said is not the preferred option.

[Edit: Ah well there ain't many freebies about.]

Archived