IGNORED

Lennie Lawrence

Robbored

Very strong rumour today in the SC that Lawrence has already been appointed to the City job.

The Bet Fair staff were told to close the book on him as well.

If he has got the job then we have to give the bloke a chance but imo its hardly an inspiring appointment that will bring the "feel good" factor back to AG.

So many fans have become disillusioned and todays crowd of less than 10000 reflects that.The club had a great chance to but some bums on seats with an exciting managerial appointment but have missed the boat in the Lawrence rumour is true.

Very strong rumour today in the SC that Lawrence has already been appointed to the City job.

If he has got the job then we have to give the bloke a chance but imo its hardly an inspiring appointment that will bring the "feel good" factor back to AG.

So many fans have become disillusioned and todays crowd of less than 10000 reflects that.The club had a great chance to but some bums on seats with an exciting managerial appointment but have missed the boat in the Lawrence rumour is true.

This ties in with the comment on Sky that an appointment was expected to be announced next week.

Very strong rumour today in the SC that Lawrence has already been appointed to the City job...imo its hardly an inspiring appointment that will bring the "feel good" factor back to AG.

Signing the likes of Stewart and Bridges in the summer was supposed to create a 'feel good factor' and put bums on seats - how well has that worked out? Reality is that if LL puts together a winning run as manager then by Christmas he will be a hero and the place will be buzzing.

Well_Red

Come on SL we can do better than him.  Another cheap option?

Who then?

As far as I'm aware Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho are all still at their respective clubs, come on, we are a third rate third division side with very little money, who is this super manager/coach who is desperate to come to our mediocre club?

Who then?

As far as I'm aware Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho are all still at their respective clubs, come on, we are a third rate third division side with very little money,  who is this super manager/coach who is desperate to come to our mediocre club?

How about a proper selection process where time is given to look at possibly a really good Manager from the lower divisions who has the hunger and drive we need as opposed to Lawrence who is simply wanting somewhere to see out his days.Who has fought all his major battles years ago.How about looking abroad.We were short changed with Tinnion and if the so called appointment process is looking a non starter this club will sink even lower.And finally I think you will find saying no to a has been like Lawrence doesn't mean we have to attract Mourinho or Wenger.

How about a proper selection process where time is given to look at possibly a really good Manager from the lower divisions who has the hunger and drive we need as opposed to Lawrence who is simply wanting somewhere to see out his days.Who has fought all his major battles years ago.How about looking abroad.We were short changed with Tinnion and if the so called appointment process is looking a non starter this club will sink even lower.And finally I think you will find saying no to a has been like Lawrence doesn't mean we have to attract Mourinho or Wenger.

I'm certainly not against advertising for the job, it's the only way it should be done.

My hang up is why people are suggesting that Lawrence will be a crap choice, I believe he has as much chance of turning the clubs fortunes around with this squad as anyone else.

We shall see if this turns out to be the case, if the rumours are true.

I think its true that he's been interviewed for the job already, but I still think they're going to talk to other candidates before making a decision.

Surely we're not stupid enough to give the job to the first applicant to put his head around the door.

Oh, hang on...

The initial figures on that vote make very interesting reading - only 2 out of 38 posters think it would be a good appointment. If this initial overwhelming vote of no confidence continues with more voters it would be a brave board indeed that chose to appoint Lawrance.

Guest routabout

So from 40 or so applicants, we end up with Lennie Lawrence?

Utter, utter rubbish. Not at all happy if this turns out to be true. Why in hell's name is he regarded so 'highly'? I was coming on here in the hope of posting what I thought about today's performance. But after seeing this, I just ain't in the mood, somehow.

Well done board. Another ridiculous appointment that will get us nowhere. We may as well start writing the farewells to the 'stars' we currently have at the club. Somehow, I just can't see them seeing this through.

A joke. A complete and utter joke! mad.gif

The initial figures on that vote make very interesting reading - only 2 out of 38 posters think it would be a good appointment. If this initial overwhelming vote of no confidence continues with more voters it would be a brave board indeed that chose to appoint Lawrance.

Hopefully it will be seen by those in the board room.

Guest routabout

I've made my mind up. If Lawrence is appointed, the club won't get another penny out of me, until he's gone. Even if we start moving up the table, it's the principal of the thing. If the board are going to completely ignore the fans, then sod them. I will not, in any way contribute towards the wages of that fool!

So, don't delay the decision too long, there's a dear?

We were led to believe that a number if candidates would be interviewed next week, followed by 2nd interviews later in the week/early the following week.

If that proves not to be the case I will be bitterly disappointed and annoyed.

If it's just another B.S evening post rumour could we not just ban them from the ground for a few months for spreading malicious gossip about the club.

Also, and more importantly 2 points:

As i've said before, if LL is named on monday i will be very disappointed at lansdown for outright lying to the fans.

If it is true, how is it that so many people appear to know - i really think they should find out who is leaking information from the club as it's obviously quite detrimental both to moral and to the relationship the club has with the fans

• Admin
If it is true, how is it that so many people appear to know - i really think they should find out who is leaking information from the club as it's obviously quite detrimental both to moral and to the relationship the club has with the fans

Maybe it was LL himself who let it out?

If so, can we sack him for that? biggrin.gif

We were led to believe that a number if candidates would be interviewed next week, followed by 2nd interviews later in the week/early the following week.

If that proves not to be the case I will be bitterly disappointed and annoyed.

AGREE with what you say mate, i will feel let down BIG TIME.

The only other thought i have is ,perhaps LL is up for the Plymouth job as well . Who knows dunno.gif

I'm starting to think that the Lennie Lawrence rumour is a cunning plan to get us united behind whoever is actually appointed. With less than 1 in 10 supporters behind the idea of appointing of LL and more than 8 out of 10 supporters specifically not wanting him (as per the poll at the time of writing <162 votes>- see link above in this thread) any alternative appointment will be greeted with warmth and relief!

Archived