IGNORED

The Most Boring "spectacle" Since...

Ian M

• Admin

Millen said in his post match interview that if we continue to play like that we'll win more games than we lose. Maybe so, but we'll also draw more games than we win/lose put together!

I was literally falling asleep during that second half blushing.gif

The game was crying out for someone with an ounce of quality on the ball to step into our midfield and dictate the play but each minute that ticked by was greeted by Wilkshire remaining seated on the bench.

Much more of that and we'll be looking at announced attendances of 7500 (the minimum it can be as the club includes non-attending STHs in the figure) plus whatever away fans brave the trip to the library.

Yawn. sleeping-smiley-015.gifsleeping.gifsleeping-smiley-012.gif

Millen said in his post match interview that if we continue to play like that we'll win more games than we lose. Maybe so, but we'll also draw more games than we win/lose put together!

I was literally falling asleep during that second half  blushing.gif

The game was crying out for someone with an ounce of quality on the ball to step into our midfield and dictate the play but each minute that ticked by was greeted by Wilkshire remaining seated on the bench.

Much more of that and we'll be looking at announced attendances of 7500 (the minimum it can be as the club includes non-attending STHs in the figure) plus whatever away fans brave the trip to the library.

Yawn. sleeping-smiley-015.gif  sleeping.gif  sleeping-smiley-012.gif

Perhaps we should get Pulis back then he was good on draws doh.gif

(Waits for the torrence of abuse ) ph34r.gif

We did play one or two bits of football today, although you had to look hard, but that is still one or two more bits than we have been playing under the previous manager.

Unfortunately, Carey still punts the ball as high and long as he can and Woodman started falling into that trap also. Overall, there was hardly any quality on show which is abysmal for a game of professional football that people pay good dosh to go and watch.

The major bright spots for me were a massive improvement from Partridge on previous performances (justifying his MOM award) and Bradley Orr DEFINITELY deserves a full game at right back because in my opinion his performance for the last 20 minutes put the previous 70 minutes from hoofer Carey to shame.

The worst thing for me from today is that the performance confirmed we will not be going anywhere this season. The new manager clearly has a lot of work to do for the remainder of this season to get the points we need to avoid a relegation battle and also get a system in place that the players are comfortable with.

Because of this I fear that a promotion push now has to be put on the backburner until next season. That is the sad indictment of Tinnions reign I am afraid - he has taken this club backwards at alarming speed.

Guest Tactical Genius
I paid 21 quid for a ticket today

I paid £20 for International football two weeks ago.

Still, I'm sure it's only so expensive because what with all the re-construction work you can't guarantee getting a seat.

Madger, we are in agreement.

I went to the game full of renewed vigor.

But we are really now finding out that we are a really poor side.

The game was there for the taking.

No drive from midfield

Murray had a mare

Smith did one good thing (pulled the ball back for goal)

No drive

No movement

No pace.

I am afraid the BT era is going to take some time to put right.

Forest & Brentford away, on paper look hard games - we must try & get 4 points - minimum.

I was literally falling asleep during that second half  blushing.gif

Yawn. sleeping-smiley-015.gif  sleeping.gif  sleeping-smiley-012.gif

About 20 minutes into the second half I too caught myself falling asleep. To break myself out of it I turned to the mate I go to games with to tell him I'm feeling sleepy only to catch him with his eyes shut and head slowly rolling backwards followed by his head jerking forward and then starting the roll backwards again. sleeping.gif

We need to get the new manager in quickly because this team is clueless. But if it's Lenny Lawrence then I fear that the biggest selling merchandise at the Club Shop could become a Bristol City branded version of the following:

user posted image

About 20 minutes into the second half I too caught myself falling asleep. To break myself out of it I turned to the mate I go to games with to tell him I'm feeling sleepy only to catch him with his eyes shut and head slowly rolling backwards followed by his head jerking forward and then starting the roll backwards again.  sleeping.gif

We need to get the new manager in quickly because this team is clueless. But if it's Lenny Lawrence then I fear that the biggest selling merchandise at the Club Shop could become a Bristol City branded version of the following:

user posted image

Quality Milo.

I could be the 'Milo Lilo' biggrin.gif

We did play one or two bits of football today, although you had to look hard, but that is still one or two more bits than we have been playing under the previous manager.

Unfortunately, Carey still punts the ball as high and long as he can and Woodman started falling into that trap also. Overall, there was hardly any quality on show which is abysmal for a game of professional football that people pay good dosh to go and watch.

The major bright spots for me were a massive improvement from Partridge on previous performances (justifying his MOM award) and Bradley Orr DEFINITELY deserves a full game at right back because in my opinion his performance for the last 20 minutes put the previous 70 minutes from hoofer Carey to shame.

The worst thing for me from today is that the performance confirmed we will not be going anywhere this season. The new manager clearly has a lot of work to do for the remainder of this season to get the points we need to avoid a relegation battle and also get a system in place that the players are comfortable with.

Because of this I fear that a promotion push now has to be put on the backburner until next season. That is the sad indictment of Tinnions reign I am afraid - he has taken this club backwards at alarming speed.

SPOTTERS BADGE!!! chant6ez.gif very astute observations on todays game and the medium term future. i think we will get to mid table safety well before xmas. with heywood and parto (on todays performance) we look like improving at the back at least. the new manager should spend the rest of the season getting a style of play/ system in place and then adding some quality next summer before a decent assault can be made next season. tinnions was a legend but his reign has set us back and left a legacy of a lack of quality in midfield which is criminal. skuse and brown are too inexperienced and i doubt niether will ever be able to open up a defence on a regular basis even when they have matured. hopefully russell will be as good as tinnion said, and sit in deep and hopefully wilkshire will find some consistency and with having russell behind him have the licence to go and play like we saw pre-xmas last season.

Have to agree with most of this posted here.

How Millen can say "the lad's gave their all" is beyond me.

I found myself daydreaming in the 2nd half and completley lost interest in the game. I didn't even see the goal!

The worrying thing is, teams like Blackpool come here with a point as their target.

Very soon, they'll be coming for three.

• Admin
I didn't think it was that bad Madger.The Millenium game has to the most boring I've ever seen ..sure the first half was a non event today apart from Gillespie's audacious lob but the second half was better although the lack of confidence in the team was very obvious.

I agree, since is such a good word when used to describe the time following a point in the past innocent.gif

Archived