IGNORED

Martin Allen

Red Robin

Firstly was told by a ST behind me the Allen has got the job but will not be revealed untill after the Brentford game.

He said this was going to happen,I asked his source but he declined to tell me,however I am aware he has very good contacts inside.

Thought this was bit suspicious as my mate who sits next to me had not heard anything from Martin Allens best mate.

He tried contacting him today at the gate his phone was switched off,he text him and asked if city had contacted Brentford about Allen.

I have just had a phone call from my mate staiting city have made contact about Allen to Brentford and are prepaired to pay compensation.

So Lennie is not in the bag yet.

Firstly was told by a ST behind me the Allen has got the job but will not be revealed untill after the Brentford game.

He said this was going to happen,I asked his source but he declined to tell me,however I am aware he has very good contacts inside.

Thought this was bit suspicious as my mate who sits next to me had not heard anything from Martin Allens best mate.

He tried contacting him today at the gate his phone was switched off,he text him and asked if city had contacted Brentford about Allen.

I have just had a phone call from my mate staiting city have made contact about Allen to Brentford and are prepaired to pay compensation.

Spot on. The new manager will be either Martin Allen or Dave Bassett. Or both.

Guest routabout

I never thought I'd say this, but yes by all means bring Allen in, if the alternative is Lennie Lawrence!

Obviously and I would hope it goes without saying, this does not mean that I am any nearer believing you or your rumours. It's just with all this crap about Lawrence, I'd settle for Allen anytime.

jesus Red Robin,

1st you start the post to say he is comming then you change your mind and start the post to say he deff isnt comming.. banghead.gif ....I'm shure your going to start a post to say TOLD YOU SO what ever happens....make your mind up eh!

Red

red

Please try and understand I said in the very first instance he would love the job[NOT THAT HE WAS COMEING]

Secondly it seemed unlikley because our board did not make contact with the bees.however this has changed recently.

our club have contacted the bees.

Thirdly would you rock the club you are doing a fine job sat at the top of the table?

don't think so The move had to be instigated by city and now they have.

it still does not mean he will take the reigns but city are interested.

I know Martin Allen has done a quality job at Brentford, but they play the worst football you are likely to see in any league. So I'm not sure if i'd want him as manager, but I'm probably the only one who thinks this.

People forget that Martin Allen has played in a consistently higher standard of football than Brian Tinnion ever did. I am sure with decent players at his disposal he would know how to send a side out who were competitive AND played good football. And just to clarify, was Brian Tinnion's side competitive and did it play decent football?

Guest redphilc

You don't give up do you. The other day you were trying to quash these rumours that you started but today you want to start them again? Why?

Martin Allen isn't the only name in the frame. Maybe the board did consider it but I know for a fact SL was on the phone all of last saturday night considering many other options (Sean O'Driscol for one, he isn't available though so don't get your hopes up). We don't want some mad bloke shouting all and sundry at our players every game all game. Mad dog can stay at Brentford for all I care.

Dave Bassett is my personel choice and judging by todays shower of poo we need someone who can motivate the side pretty sharpish or season over....

Guest redphilc
You don't give up do you.  The other day you were trying to quash these rumours that you started but today you want to start them again?  Why?

Martin Allen isn't the only name in the frame.  Maybe the board did consider it but I know for a fact SL was on the phone all of last saturday night considering many other options (Sean O'Driscol for one, he isn't available though so don't get your hopes up).  We don't want some mad bloke shouting all and sundry at our players every game all game.  Mad dog can stay at Brentford for all I care.

Dave Bassett is my personel choice and judging by todays shower of poo we need someone who can motivate the side pretty sharpish or season over....

I didn't type "poo" is there some sort of automatic editing going on?

People forget that Martin Allen has played in a consistently higher standard of football than Brian Tinnion ever did. I am sure with decent players at his disposal he would know how to send a side out who were competitive AND played good football. And just to clarify, was Brian Tinnion's side competitive and did it play decent football?

I didn't say it was, id much rather have Allen than Tinnion but i don't think he'd be the right choice, but i could be wrong

You mean when I said TINNION had two games,two games he had and the rest is history.

most people wanted longer

I never saw you write that but from what I have read you are a fool. firstly claiming that City would waltz the league and going on other forums to do this. Pointless. Then saying allen is coming, not coming, Surely you don't think anyone takes what you are saying seriously?!

I never saw you write that but from what I have read you are a fool. firstly claiming that City would waltz the league and going on other forums to do this. Pointless. Then saying allen is coming, not coming, Surely you don't think anyone takes what you are saying seriously?!

alex wait and see.

this team should walk the leauge i don't now how many times i need to say it.

Look back at my post two games

it seems you are one of the few that picks what you want to see

As a friend of a Leicester City fan, i believe you are very misguided. Bassett took over with mickey adams as assistant after Peter Taylor left and took them down, and started off very badly in the championship. bassett left they improved a lot under adams control. Bassett is very much an 80's manager and has achieved little or nothing recently.

Red Robin you are now starting to bore me. I would very much like to see Allen as our new manager but you are making a fool of yourself.

A couple of weeks ago you said he would love the job, then a few days ago you said that your best mate had a meal at Allens house and told you he wasn't now interested etc.

Now your storys changed again dunno.gif , does he or doesnt he want the job....... according to your mate and you, or is all of this a figment of your imagination ?

I know Martin Allen has done a quality job at Brentford, but they play the worst football you are likely to see in any league. So I'm not sure if i'd want him as manager, but I'm probably the only one who thinks this.

So its not like we are playing quality football at the moment.

This sounds good just the man we need to get the best out of the players city.gif

Red Robin you are now starting to bore me. I would very much like to see Allen as our new manager but you are making a fool of yourself.

A couple of weeks ago you said he would love the job,  then a few days ago you said that your best mate had a meal at Allens house and told you he wasn't now interested etc.

Now your storys changed again dunno.gif , does he or doesnt he want the job....... according to your mate and you,  or is all of this a figment of your imagination ?

portland.

your first comment is correct Allen wants the job.

secondly my mate was not at allens house his mate was who is allens best mate.he was there for a evening meal at allens house.

At this point BCFC had not made contact with the Bees.

However recently City have made contact with the Bees,Allen is very interested in job,however just because City have contacted Brentford does not mean it will happen.

hope this clears it up for you.

RR

Archived