IGNORED

Richard Latham - Surprise Surprise

richieb

And ColinS stated that Latham was employed part time on the proviso that it doesn't interfere with his journalist role. How about the other way around? Well Colin?

Exactly, just don't bother trying to ask that question on the SteveL forum because it will be buried in a thread that already has an answer at the bottom of it.

I am staggered the club can't see the obvious conflict of interest here.

Exactly, just don't bother trying to ask that question on the SteveL forum because it will be buried in a thread that already has an answer at the bottom of it.

I am staggered the club can't see the obvious conflict of interest here.

Unless he IS acting for the club in doing this article.

i.e. Latham does a long piece extolling the virtues of John Ward, which gets the dander up of most City fans to the point where when the new man is unveiled, we are all so bloody relieved it isn't Ward that we gather behind the new manager and he gets the backing of the majority.

ph34r.gif

Guest routabout
Unless he IS acting for the club in doing this article.

i.e. Latham does a long piece extolling the virtues of John Ward, which gets the dander up of most City fans to the point where when the new man is unveiled, we are all so bloody relieved it isn't Ward that we gather behind the new manager and he gets the backing of the majority.

ph34r.gif

That might work, if it was using Lawrence as the red herring, to ease the arrival of Ward. But the other speculated candidates are generally better than Ward, so this doesn't seem right. Using Ward as a smokescreen to ease the arrival of Lawrence would completely defy logic.

That might work, if it was using Lawrence as the red herring, to ease the arrival of Ward. But the other speculated candidates are generally better than Ward, so this doesn't seem right. Using Ward as a smokescreen to ease the arrival of Lawrence would completely defy logic.

I don't think Lawrence will get the job and my theory was bowlocks anyway. Just theorising that one way to unite the fans is to put them in a 'anyone but him' camp together, which Latham has managed to do.

Well he's put us in a 'anyone but him or Lawrence' place in the main.

The thing about this list is it is entirely counter-productive. Latham must know Ward is not the right man if he has to argue so hard that he is. As I see it the list of reasons why it shouldn't be JW is a short one:

1. How many Championship/League 1 clubs would consider paying Cheltenham compensation to get JW as manager? For example I doubt he has even been considered by Plymouth, never mind getting onto a shortlist or being an obvious choice.

Archived