IGNORED

Team V Forest

Bristol Boy

3-5-1-1

...............................................PHILLIPS..........................................................

...................SKUSE..................HEYWOOD.................PARTRIDGE......................

ORR............BROWN.................WILKSHIRE..................SMITH...........WOODMAN..

..............................................COTTERILL.........................................................

..............................................STEWART..........................................................

SUBS

BRIDGES

GILLESPIE

RUSSELL

CAREY

GK

Assuming Brooker's still out for the next two at least. A no nonsense, solid, away, hit 'em on the break, formation to deny Forest width and not allow them to play through us.

Skuse's extra pace at the back and better passing and distribution, should help Heywood and Orr is no slouch or midget, either.

The two best games I've seen Orr have were as a substitute right back, so why not give him a try and transfer list Smith.Another rick of Tinnions was to sign him for another year.

Cotterill can get the ball facing goal and run at the them.The only downside is no height up front and perhaps that'll help to make us pass it instead of BOOT IT!!!

Millen?

4-4-2 and another defeat with Murray & Carey both starting mad.gif

If I was manager;

---------------------Phillips--------------------

Orr---Heywood---Keogh---Partridge---Smith

----------Brown----Skuse----Wilkshire--------

------------------------Bridges------------------

-------------Cotterill----------------------------

Has defensive qualities, which we will need when travelling to a team who really do have good attacking qualities no matter how they are doing, but a chance to play on the counter with a creative midfield and a link-up striker, which may be needed as at the moment everyone is dropping too deep, if we have 1 striker & one link-up then I think it would work better. Orr & Smith to provide us some width, but their defensive qualities will help them defensively.

............................Phillips....................................

.............Keogh......Heywood....Partridge................

.....Orr.....Skuse.....Brown....Wilkshire.....Smith.......

...................Stewart.......Gillespie..........................

Subs

Burch

Carey

Murray

Bridges

Cotterill

Availability allowing - Millen should pick the same squad as he did fo Saturday.

Sorry to interrupt on this thread

I was a City season ticket holder for years, but since moving to the Midlands have been watching Forest with friends - just interested to know how many fans you will be bringing to Nottingham?

Good luck for Tuesday!!!

Heres Mine smile.gif

-----------------Phillips------------------

-------Keogh--Heywood--Partridge----

----Cotteril--Skuse--Brown--G Smith-

------------------Bridges-----------------

------------Gillespie--Stewart-----------

SUBS

-Birch

-Carey

-Wilkshire

-Woodman

-Russell

Looks very good city.gif

Availability allowing - Millen should pick the same squad as he did fo Saturday.

Totally agree, though I'd start with Orr for Carey unless Heyward is injured in which case, Orr for Heyward with Carey moving into the middle and Orr at RB. I'd also think about starting Cotterill in place of Murray but, for the sake of continuity I'd probably resist that.

What makes me laugh about this thread is, the management are always being moaned at for not keeping a consistent side, a side that can gel together, once again everyone wants to bring in different player.

Why not just keep the same bloody team for a change and let them work together for a few games.

That's a valid point.

Trouble is, playing at home with little or no confidence is one thing because the opposition will normally settle for a point.

Playing away is entirely different and we need a side that can sit in when the pressure's on, not capitulate and cave in, like we did at Swansea.

............................Phillips....................................

.............Keogh......Heywood....Partridge................

.....Orr.....Skuse.....Brown....Wilkshire.....Smith.......

...................Stewart.......Gillespie..........................

Subs

Burch

Carey

Murray

Bridges

Cotterill

Decent shape and well worth a try.

It'll be 4-4-2 though, with Murray & Carey, wait and see biggrin.gif

That's a valid point.

Trouble is, playing at home with little or no confidence is one thing because the opposition will normally settle for a point.

Playing away is entirely different and we need a side that can sit in when the pressure's on, not capitulate and cave in, like we did at Swansea.

I do find these threads entertaining and interesting but you seem to go for a different 11 every game. Teams that do well in this division tend to be relatively unchanged from week to week and play in the same formation home and away. That way they get to play as a team. For that reason alone, I would make minimal changes to last Saturday's starting line-up.

3-5-1-1

...............................................PHILLIPS..........................................................

...................SKUSE..................HEYWOOD.................PARTRIDGE......................

ORR............BROWN.................WILKSHIRE..................SMITH...........WOODMAN..

..............................................COTTERILL.........................................................

..............................................STEWART..........................................................

SUBS

BRIDGES

GILLESPIE

RUSSELL

CAREY

GK

Assuming Brooker's still out for the next two at least. A no nonsense, solid, away, hit 'em on the break, formation to deny Forest width and not allow them to play through us.

Skuse's extra pace at the back and better passing and distribution, should help Heywood and Orr is no slouch or midget, either.

The two best games I've seen Orr have were as a substitute right back, so why not give him a try and transfer list Smith.Another rick of Tinnions was to sign him for another year.

Cotterill can get the ball facing goal and run at the them.The only downside is no height up front and perhaps that'll help to make us pass it instead of BOOT IT!!!

Millen?

4-4-2 and another defeat with Murray & Carey both starting mad.gif

Crikey Bristol Boy! Picking Cotterill in his favoured forward position, and demonstrating common sense with a balanced side? Are you mad man? On THIS forum?

I'd go for that line-up like a shot BB, but fear we'll have to put up with Murray and Carey, therefore utilising our 9 men, against Forest's 11.

Phillips (but only because I can't remember the name of the loanee)

Orr Heywood Keogh Partridge

Cotterill Skuse Brown Smith

Gillespie Brooker (if fit else Bridges (or at least anyone but Stewart))

4-4-2 is the only formation that these players can play. This team retains the core of the Saturday team for consistency but gets rid of the old-timers, Carey, Murray and Stewart.

Guest scrumpy dare
Heres Mine smile.gif

-----------------Phillips------------------

-------Keogh--Heywood--Partridge----

----Cotteril--Skuse--Brown--G Smith-

------------------Bridges-----------------

------------Gillespie--Stewart-----------

SUBS

-Birch

-Carey

-Wilkshire

-Woodman

-Russell

thats better

this should be the team manager graham taylor city.gif

get new assistant manager

phillips

orr heywood partridge carey

cotterill wilkshire murray

bridges

gillespie madjo

subs

skuse

stewart

g smith

keogh

woodman

also when time comes transferlist

clayton furtune (worst player ever seen belongs up the downs on saturdays)

scott golbourne (greedy & loses ball to much(my be to young needs more time)

Archived