IGNORED

5 On Shortlist

Guest paulton rovers red

Guest paulton rovers red

announcement on website saying shortlist of five and appointed next week i think its

Lennie Lawrence

John Ward

Leroy Rosenior

Peter Reid

Stan Ternent

who do you think it is

Guest paulton rovers red

I also think i will be announce on monday 26th of september then the new guy has tues night game to be paraded and probably mainly watch over then sat home game aswell for more parading,I'm sure that will be SL's plan may mean we get a few more in the ground.

just thought of another name Brian Kidd

Ward

Lawrence

Ternant

McColl

Butcher

Lawrence will get the Plymouth job, we will get Ward

Don't forget SL has

- said they would pay compensation for the "right" man and it won't be much to Cheltenham

-said that it would be advantageous if someone had "connections" with City (IMO a disadvantage but what do I know)

- to avoid another mistake at all costs-

therefore he will go with devil he knows He will not risk someone like McColl or Butcher who hasn't worked in League 2 & could end up taking us down. Ternant is also an unknown to him. Don't forget also that the club are trying to convince banks etc to lend money to build the new stand based on their business plan/catering contract guarantees/ etc but if attendances drop much more and we seem to be heading down then they may not be willing to put up the money. So Lansdown will play safe IMO

Ward - the safe option, is what we will get

Not my choice but this club have made a habit of picking the wrong man.

Hopefully Ward will try again to get Terry Connor but i did hear somewhere that Connor is already in the frame for another coaching job?? anyone hear that also?

It appears that Lawrence's name has been made public to the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/4259558.stm

so I'm a bit confused about Mr Lansdown's statement on BCFC's site.

The actual quote is from the Radio Bris interview. They are surmising, just because he was interviewed doesn't necessarilly mean he has been short-listed.

Guest ashtonyate
announcement on website saying shortlist of five and appointed next week i think its

Lennie Lawrence

John Ward

Leroy Rosenior

Peter Reid

Stan Ternent

who do you think it is

If we are looking to appoint by next week does that mean the new managet is not working now

Guest fatherdougal

Hard men have their uses, but I'm not sure they all make the best managers. Years ago there was a TV doc about Leyton Orient who had a youngish manager

(John something or other) who went beserk in the dressing room even when

the team won, quite convincingly. In the end Orient's players were so demoralised that the Chairman had to fire him and he was told never to enter the ground again.

It's all about balance. Leadership isn't just about terrifying the people you have charge of. Even Sir Alex has got his sensitive side.

If we are looking to appoint by next week does that mean the new managet is not working now

Quote by Steve Lansdown on bcfc.co.uk:

"We then hope to make an appointment as soon as we can, possibly making an announcement next week - although this timeline could depend on other factors."

Sounds from that like there is the possibility that the new manager is currently in work.

SL also said that the club have drawn up a list of who they though they 'ought to approach' to see if they were interested. Surely applicants have already declared their interest, perhaps he means managers who are already employed with this statement as well. Sturrock could well be one. Robertson another.

SL also said that the club have drawn up a list of who they though they 'ought to approach' to see if they were interested. Surely applicants have already declared their interest, perhaps he means managers who are already employed with this statement as well. Sturrock could well be one. Robertson another.

He said that there was another list of people who had made it clear, through their agents, that if they were approached they would be respond favourably.

I guess thats how these things work most of the time.

Guest routabout

Then surely their agents would have made the application on their behalf?

We're being spun. The whole thing smacks of "done deal, but let's go through the motions to make it look a bit more spontaneous".

Then surely their agents would have made the application on their behalf?

We're being spun. The whole thing smacks of "done deal, but let's go through the motions to make it look a bit more spontaneous".

routabout, has your Valium prescription come to an end?!

I think it seems a perfectly respectable answer from SL. I wouldn't concern myself too much with Robbored's rumours from the Supporters Club...

• Admin
Quote by Steve Lansdown on bcfc.co.uk:

"We then hope to make an appointment as soon as we can, possibly making an announcement next week - although this timeline could depend on other factors."

Sounds from that like there is the possibility that the new manager is currently in work.

Taking that theory one step further.....

Saturday 24th September, Brentford vs Bristol City whistling.gif

If we agreed a compensation deal with Brentford for Martin Allen, I doubt their board would be too pleased if his first game in charge for us was against them dunno.gif

Who's up for chants of "Martin Allen's Cider Army, B C F C, Martin Allen's Cider Army" (ad infintum) on Saturday? wink.gif

Archived