IGNORED

Sl's Timeline & Other Factors!

Bristol Boy

Sounds like some of those shortlisted may be under contract. cool.gif

I think SL has to get it right or take a final ko from the fans. I believe the guy is on thin ice, patience wearing thin, and showing cracks in the armour.

Oh, and i believe LL is a non event. Check your sources.

Sounds like some of those shortlisted may be under contract. cool.gif

yes, SL said "other factors"

presumably he's expecting the Cheltenham chairman to put up a fight!

See the quotes by their chairman on one of their sites:

FootyMAD > Cheltenham Town Mad > Latest > Club News

Chairman Confident Of Keeping Ward

Story by Site Editor 13 September 2005

Town chairman Paul Baker has said that he is confident of keeping John Ward at Whaddon Road amidst rumours linking the Town boss with the vacant managers job at Bristol City

"The situation with John is that he is under contract with us for another season and a half. I'm sure he has every intention of honouring his contract," Baker told The Echo.

"In the event of him leaving before it runs out, we would be able to get some compensation. Since he has 18 months of it to go, he would be a reasonably expensive acquisition."

• Admin

To repeat a reply I posted elsewhere....

Taking that theory one step further.....

Saturday 24th September, Brentford vs Bristol City whistling.gif

If we agreed a compensation deal with Brentford for Martin Allen, I doubt their board would be too pleased if his first game in charge for us was against them dunno.gif

Who's up for chants of "Martin Allen's Cider Army, B C F C, Martin Allen's Cider Army" (ad infintum) on Saturday? wink.gif

Why would the club be "approaching" managers to see if they are interested if they have already applied? Surely they wouldn't have applied if they weren't interested.I understood that there is a shortlist of 4 or 5.

Have I missed something here??

Presumably, especially after the Pulis incident, we have to approach their clubs to see if we can have an interview with them.

Guest routabout
Why would the club be "approaching" managers to see if they are interested if they have already applied? Surely they wouldn't have applied if they weren't interested.I understood that there is a shortlist of 4 or 5.

See, when people start spinning the truth around, they often make mistakes. What is coming out of Ashton Gate, does not inspire me or give me any confidence in the board. It's a shame, as before this rubbish started up I had been one of SteveL's staunchest supporters throughout his tenure as chairman. Now I see him as little better than a politician.

Someone may be under contract, but not necessarily as a football manager. Peter Reid, Graham Taylor and Dave Bassett are presumably all under contract, either as football pundits or helping out other clubs in a coaching capacity.

Basically, no one knows who it is and nothing can be read into Steve L's comments. We'll just have to wait.

dunno.gif

Sl also confirmed in the radio interview that interest has been shown via managers agents. So it's probably a bit of loose wording regarding "apply" and where interest has come via someones agent there will still have to be formal contact to confirm interest and go through the usual protocol.

Guest It's_Pacey_time

The other factors, I expect would be if the first choice wants more money, or if they can't agree, and have to talk to other choices, which will take a little more time

The way I interpreted the "approaching" thing was that so far the club have just received CVs, the next step is interviewing and talking to the candidates about what the job involves, resources, salaries etc.

Perhaps some of the shortlisted managers are under contract but this confuses me.... the shortlist seems to have come from the CVs and surely if someone's under a fixed term contract with another club they can't go and apply for another job without their employers consent? We'd have to go to their club first wouldn't we?

Nibor

Guest alex1089

I should be down Ashton gate at 3:00 and onwards, should I expect too see any action, also I will be taking my digital camara biggrin.gif. Who thinks theres a possibility that there will be 1 or 2 wannabemanagers driving in and out of AG at 3:00 and onwards??

Perhaps some of the shortlisted managers are under contract but this confuses me.... the shortlist seems to have come from the CVs and surely if someone's under a fixed term contract with another club they can't go and apply for another job without their employers consent?  We'd have to go to their club first wouldn't we?

Nibor

Presumably the Manager's agent contacts the Club, tells SL that "So Andso would be interested if you approached his Club, I'll email you his CV". That's not the same as So Andso applying while under contract.

Archived