IGNORED

The Waiting Game

Ian M

• Admin

Could it actually be in our interests to play out the next few weeks whilst choosing our manager as there are some decent candidates "under-fire" in the current positions?

Sturrock hasn't got off to the greatest of starts this term at Wednesday. Currently bottom of the CCC.

Worthington, similarly, has started poorly at Norwich. Currently 17th in the CCC.

Royle at Ipswich has disappointed at Ipswich so far this season and lost the East Anglia derby yesterday. Currently 13th in the CCC.

Dowie hasn't reacted as well to relegation as he would have hoped. Currently 14th in the CCC.

Moyes has got off to a terrible start in the Prem, already knocked out of the Champions League, as good as knocked out of the UEFA Cup and some pundits suggest a heavy defeat against Arsenal tonight could see him pushed. Currently 19th in the Prem.

Wouldn't it just be so typical to see us appoint a less-than-inspiring manager only to find that just a week later there would have been a plethora of mouth-watering appointees available!

I totally agree Madge.

Before Saturday I would have definetly advocated the need for time to make the right appointment. Even hanging on for a month or so could have really seen us take in a much wider pedigree of applicants.

However, after witnessing the worst match I have ever seen at Ashton Gate on saturday, it's very clear that we need a new manager asap and we simply cannot wait any longer.

Guest routabout
Could it actually be in our interests to play out the next few weeks whilst choosing our manager as there are some decent candidates "under-fire" in the current positions?

Sturrock hasn't got off to the greatest of starts this term at Wednesday. Currently bottom of the CCC.

Worthington, similarly, has started poorly at Norwich. Currently 17th in the CCC.

Royle at Ipswich has disappointed at Ipswich so far this season and lost the East Anglia derby yesterday. Currently 13th in the CCC.

Dowie hasn't reacted as well to relegation as he would have hoped. Currently 14th in the CCC.

Moyes has got off to a terrible start in the Prem, already knocked out of the Champions League, as good as knocked out of the UEFA Cup and some pundits suggest a heavy defeat against Arsenal tonight could see him pushed. Currently 19th in the Prem.

Wouldn't it just be so typical to see us appoint a less-than-inspiring manager only to find that just a week later there would have been a plethora of mouth-watering appointees available!

And so what, in your infinite wisdom, do you suggest we do? Keep putting it off, until we've been rejected by everybody except the muppets? And you have the cheek to question my thought processes?

However, after witnessing the worst match I have ever seen at Ashton Gate on saturday, it's very clear that we need a new manager asap and we simply cannot wait any longer.

I agree that Saturdays game wasn't very good but you have to look at the circumstances leading upto it.

The City players were devastated after the thrashing at Swansea with confidence at an all time low and then they have to go out and face their own fans - the very same fans who had booed them off several times already this season...

They must have been wetting themselves with anxiety before the game.No wonder the performance wasn't that impressive.

As for Madger's original point - how long should City wait??? dunno.gif

I see where you are coming from Madger, and I partly agree. Two problems though:

Millen continues in a caretaker capacity? doh.gif

And you are also assuming Lansdown could spot a decent applicant if it bit him on the backside? Looking at his track record, I have real doubts. ph34r.gif

Edit: bad spelling, I'm stood in the corner with my hands on my head now.

• Admin
And so what, in your infinite wisdom, do you suggest we do? Keep putting it off, until we've been rejected by everybody except the muppets? And you have the cheek to question my thought processes?

I'm just pointing out that whatever move SL makes, it has the capacity to backfire in his face. But one thing's sure, I'll give him the chance to make that decision before judging him to be "little better than a politician" based upon a "strong rumour" heard in the Supporters' Club.

Oh and tonight I'll be cheering on the Gooners dance.gif

We want 7, we want 7, we want 7 laugh.gif

I agree that Saturdays game wasn't very good but you have to look at the circumstances leading upto it.

The City players were devastated after the thrashing at Swansea with confidence at an all time low and then they have to go out and face their own fans - the very same fans who had booed them off several times already this season...

They must have been wetting themselves with anxiety before the game.No wonder the performance wasn't that impressive.

Yes, that's one way of looking at it. Another is that after disgracing themselves at Swansea they all should have come out guns blazing. They've said how they feel responsible for 'Tins' departure in midweek, yet still couldn't motivate themselves to perform on Saturday. I wasn't expecting total football and it wasn't halped by the fact that B'pool came for the 0-0.

As for Madger's original point - how long should City wait???  dunno.gif

Is that addressed at me? If so, then as I said - asap.

As for Madger's original point - how long should City wait???  dunno.gif

So? What? We're supposed to feel sorry for them now?

Wetting themselves? These are supposed to be professional footballers! These people get paid to play football. doh.gif

What I expected is nothing less than a professional playing a professional game. Instead we got the usual dross - even if it was marginally better than under Tinnion's regime, it was still dross.

Which brings me to the reason why we can't wait at all. Millen is going to do nothing for us and we'll continue to drop points, so the sooner we get the new man in, the better.

Lansdown and Dawe are under a lot of pressure to deliver this time, and fast.

Archived