IGNORED

The Big 5

Tim S

This isnt the 5 for sure, but the most probable from what I can make out.

Lenny Lawrence

Peter Reid

Dennis Wise

John Ward

Dave Basset

Of that list I would be happy with any of them APART from John Ward (as I feel it would be a step backwards) and Lenny Lawrence. Ive not yet heard of one fan that given a choice would choose Lawrence. Is there any?

Lenny Lawrence

Peter Reid

Dennis Wise

John Ward

Dave Basset

Of that list I would be happy with any of them APART from John Ward (as I feel it would be a step backwards) and Lenny Lawrence. Ive not yet heard of one fan that given a choice would choose Lawrence. Is there any?

Peter Read with Dennis Wise as assistant. praying smiley.gif

Lenny Lawrence

Peter Reid

Dennis Wise

John Ward

Dave Basset

Lawrence has had a good history. Look at what he did at Charlton and Middlesborough? Should we discount him??

http://www.uk250.co.uk/frame.asp?id=1011&c...emanagers.co.uk

Guest routabout
Whoever gets the job will have to convince our Chairman that the two of them can work together.The relationship between the two of them has to be agreeable as they work very closely together.

One wonders how "agreeable" Martin Allen would be...

Or Dennis Wise, or Peter Reid? Anybody who arrives with a bit of ego and reputation, will always be difficult to handle. The problem is, we need to change our ways and we need somebody who can do that. So any manager who will be good to get the club moving in the right direction, is always going to be unpopular with the board, as they are going to be pointing out where we have been going wrong in the past. The board need to be hearing these 'home truths'.

Peter Reid would be my first choice. Then Dave Bassett. Pretty sure they will look at one of the scottish names banded around the place though, maybe McCall but hopefully John Robertson as the former Hearts man is well worth a look at in my book.

it does`nt matter who becomes our manager we have all got to rally round and show our support, bite our lips hold tounges for the good of the club & players alike, unity is the word, anyway the new manager needs to be a very good motivator cause of the transfer windows. man management skills will be a must at our clubs. who do u all think ,out of the five that will be ?.

Guest routabout
bite our lips hold tounges

I tried, I really did. I just ended up biting my finger. Ow! wink.gif

Good point though. But here's no harm in protesting against possible appointments. It's after they've arrived that we have to give our support. I must say, I'm going to find it really hard with Lawrence in the dugout, but my strategy would be to get behind the players and quietly ignore that Lawrence even exists.

John Ward would be the worst appointment in my opinion. If ever a decision would sum us up as a club totally lacking in ambition and wanting to operate in a nice little "comfort zone" from top to bottom then that would be it. Lansdown must NOT appoint a "Yes Man". We need someone to get this club by the scruff of the neck and move it forward and if that hurts the feelings of comfort zoners such as Carey and Murray or whoever then so be it.

I tried, I really did. I just ended up biting my finger. Ow! wink.gif

Good point though. But here's no harm in protesting against possible appointments. It's after they've arrived that we have to give our support. I must say, I'm going to find it really hard with Lawrence in the dugout, but my strategy would be to get behind the players and quietly ignore that Lawrence even exists.

i am not a big fan of lawrence, he would`nt be my choice, but after 40 years of watching us, someone that gets us playing decent football,. not what we have been seeing of late.

Guest Longford Red
John Ward would be the worst appointment in my opinion. If ever a decision would sum us up as a club totally lacking in ambition and wanting to operate in a nice little "comfort zone" from top to bottom then that would be it. Lansdown must NOT appoint a "Yes Man". We need someone to get this club by the scruff of the neck and move it forward and if that hurts the feelings of comfort zoners such as Carey and Murray or whoever then so be it.

Totally agree. SL needs to appoint somebody to show the fans of this club that we have ambition. Not your run of the mill names that have been banded about.

Someone like Dennis Wise(wishful thinking) would be perfect for taking this club by the scruff of the neck! praying smiley.gif

I can't believe we are even considering people such as Bassett, Lawrence, Reid or Wise. I can't see what they have to offer except experience (apart from Wise). They are all tired journeymen managers who have been too many times round the block. I would rather see perhaps one of the Scotttish batch mentioned in dipatches having a go. At least they could bring some fresh ideas and talent to the club. Also all new managers raid their old clubs/leagues for players they feel comfortable with. (Thats why Tinnion was never going to succeed, he had nowhere to go!).

I can't believe we are even considering people such as Bassett, Lawrence, Reid or Wise. I can't see what they have to offer except experience (apart from Wise). They are all tired journeymen managers who have been too many times round the block. I would rather see perhaps one of the Scotttish batch mentioned in dipatches having a go. At least they could bring some fresh ideas and talent to the club. Also all new managers raid their old clubs/leagues for players they feel comfortable with. (Thats why Tinnion was never going to succeed, he had nowhere to go!).

Has any one talked about B.Kidd yet, and we don't want millen staying he's partly to blaim for our proformances.

Lenny Lawrence

Peter Reid

Dennis Wise

John Ward

Dave Basset

Lenny Lawrence - Undecided wouldn't be the worst choice, nor the best

Peter Reid - In the apparent absence of mad dog would be my favourite from those

Dennis Wise - Bit of an unknown quantity, strong character in and out of the dressing room, well respceted in the game, a risk maybe but would be my second coice

John Ward - For well documented reasons shouldn't even be interviewed in my view

Dave Basset - No strong opinions, has a decent track record, safe pair of hands

Of those I would I would say Peter Reid

Lenny Lawrence NO

Peter Reid NO

Dennis Wise NO

John Ward NO

Dave Basset NO

So you obviously want Millen to stay in charge.

If that was the options, I'd go with Bassett, proven record of getting teams promoted, doesn't take rubbish from anyone! Good People skills, good management skills.

This is becoming a circular argument - the main criticism of tinmans appointement was his lack of experience - now that concern has been proved well founded the board are going for an experienced manager and they are being criticsed for looking at "journeymen and castoffs" ??

It seems to me that what we are looking for is a young, but experienced manager who hasn't been around the block, but has a proven track record, can work within a budget but be astute in the transfer market, has loads of potential and somewhere to go after he's got us promoted - where will we find this mythical creature I wonder ?

dunno.gif

The curse of unrealistic expeactations strikes again !

Lenny Lawrence

Peter Reid

Dennis Wise

John Ward

Dave Basset

I can't see a problem with Wardy coming back - after all he got us out of this crumby division last time!

I can't see a problem with Wardy coming back - after all he got us out of this crumby division last time!

He inherited Joe Jordan's hard work last time - the tea lady would have got us promotion with that foundation. Once we were promoted he didn't have a clue what to do next and is one of the main people responsible for where we are now. I do NOT want to see him back.

Neither do I want Lawrence who has a proven track record for being cr@p - just ask any Cardiff supporter!

Reid or Bassett would be OKish, but like some others I like the look of John Robertson IF he's even interested. If he's not, I can only hope there's another name that no one has cottoned on to yet.

He inherited Joe Jordan's hard work last time - the tea lady would have got us promotion with that foundation.  Once we were promoted he didn't have a clue what to do next and is one of the main people responsible for where we are now. 

I disagree with that. Yes we were struggling in the old division 1 but we had just beaten Bolton 2-1 on a live Sky game and things were looking up until Scott Davidson forced Ward out. I believe Ward may have kept us up that season as we wer eimproving after a poor start. Having said that I wouldn't like to see him back as we need a fresh face I believe.

Archived