IGNORED

Our Chairman Should Go To Specsavers.

Tunley Legend

I could not believe the comment that was attributed to our Chairman in today's Evening Post. Apparently the 90 minutes on offer Saturday represented "a good game of football".

I agree that it was a small improvement on the previous fare we have endured under Tinnion and I have said this on other threads but to call that a good game defies all logic and belief. Yes, there were a couple of moments from Gillespie, Orr looked different gravy when he replaced Hoofer at Right Back and there were one or two moments from Blackpool but overall the game represented a very poor advert for professional football, even at Third Division level. For a continuous twenty minutes in the second half you could have went to sleep and not missed a single piece of worthwhile action.

If Saturday is the benchmark by which Steve Lansdown judges a "good" game of football then, as supporters, we should all be very worried.

I could not believe the comment that was attributed to our Chairman in today's Evening Post. Apparently the 90 minutes on offer Saturday represented "a good game of football".

I agree that it was a small improvement on the previous fare we have endured under Tinnion and I have said this on other threads but to call that a good game defies all logic and belief. Yes, there were a couple of moments from Gillespie, Orr looked different gravy when he replaced Hoofer at Right Back and there were one or two moments from Blackpool but overall the game represented a very poor advert for professional football, even at Third Division level. For a continuous twenty minutes in the second half you could have went to sleep and not missed a single piece of worthwhile action.

If Saturday is the benchmark by which Steve Lansdown judges a "good" game of football then, as supporters, we should all be very worried.

don't even get me started on Lansdown.....

Everyone talks about what a great chairman he is but i disagree, I think he's a crap chairman who now only cares about trying to get some return on the money he has put into City.

And before everyone tells me that without him the club would go bust i will say this......... One of the reasons we are in so much debt is because of his p1ss poor decisions.

Everyone talks about what a great chairman he is but i disagree, I think he's a crap chairman who now only cares about trying to get some return on the money he has put into City.

And before everyone tells me that without him the club would go bust i will say this.........  One of the reasons we are in so much debt is because of his p1ss poor decisions.

Do everyone on here a favour and GET YOURSELF A LIFE !!

I love it when it gets rowdy!

Back to the point, I thought there were less promising attacks than in some of tinnions games this season. I thought we looked very disjointed on saturday for a home team playing a very ordinary blackpool. Obviously I'm happier than after Swansea, but it was a dire game in fairness. For long periods the crowd were so bored that they lost interest in even complaining. It was league 2 football by all accounts (I went to a few basement games last season). It can only improve when the new boss is in though.

And before everyone tells me that without him the club would go bust i will say this.........  One of the reasons we are in so much debt is because of his p1ss poor decisions.

Sad to say - but well said that man and the worry is that he still doesn't see he made a pigs #ss of things

Guest MaloneFM

He's right.

It was a good game of football. See from the directors box you can see over the top of the Atyeo and watch the game going on the Ashton park.

From the MaloneFM commentary box I was watching the same one. CRACKING!

Better than the one in front of me.

He's right.

It was a good game of football. See from the directors box you can see over the top of the Atyeo and watch the game going on the Ashton park.

From the MaloneFM commentary box I was watching the same one. CRACKING!

Better than the one in front of me.

The worst thing about the above is that it actually makes sense!!!

do our chairman and board pay to get into the gate or for away games, do they buy city shirts ect, do they buy a burger and tea at the match. they just bung some big amount of cash, in, when needed, and take it back out when its right for them. i can`t do that. but i`m still here and i`ll be there in years to come. will they ?

do our chairman and  board pay to get into the gate or for away games, do they buy city shirts ect, do they buy a burger and tea at the match. they just bung some big amount of cash, in, when needed, and take it back out when its right for them. i can`t do that. but i`m still here and i`ll be there in years to come. will they ?

And don't forget that when Lansdown so kindly puts money into the club IT IS NOT A GIFT, its is a loan and at a good interest rate for Lansdown.

do our chairman and  board pay to get into the gate or for away games, do they buy city shirts ect, do they buy a burger and tea at the match. they just bung some big amount of cash, in, when needed, and take it back out when its right for them. i can`t do that. but i`m still here and i`ll be there in years to come. will they ?

In fairness to Lansdown he must be City through and through or he would not have injected his big amount of cash in the first place. My main problem is that he (and the rest of the board) has a tendency to make kneejerk reactions such as appointing Tinnion without going through all available options and Lansdown himself seems to make crazy comments to the press such as his views on Saturday's game.

He either really believes that was a good game in which case I would question his judgement on all matters football or he is trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes in which case he is assuming everyone has extremely low intelligence. At least 75% of football supporters know a decent game when they see one and Saturday was not it.

if he had to pay to watch that on sat, would he have said it was agood game, i don't think so.

Put it this way, Lansdown is the only person I have read, spoken to or heard who said that was a good game of football. As I was walking out there was a Blackpool supporter behind with his kid who was about 5. His son thought Blackpool deserved to win. His answer went along the lines of "Both sides deserved to lose but neither deserved to win". A strange comment but I know exactly what he meant.

if he had to pay to watch that on sat, would he have said it was agood game, i don't think so.

As someone who has known Steve Lansdown for over 10 years I can not believe how wrong some of you are. Steve is one of the most loyal City fans I have ever known and was a Season ticket (along with his son )holder many years before he ever decided to become chairman. With everything he says or does is truly done with Bristol City's best intentions at heart and if it wasn't for him the club would be 'financially' a lot worse off than it is now.

As someone who has known Steve Lansdown for over 10 years I can not believe how wrong some of you are.  Steve is one of the most loyal City fans I have ever known and was a Season ticket (along with his son )holder many years before he ever decided to become chairman.  With everything he says or does is truly done with Bristol City's best intentions at heart and if it wasn't for him the club would be 'financially' a lot worse off than it is now.

Playing devils advocate here for a second, why did he make such a ridiculous comment about the quality of the game on Saturday? Is he trying to wind people up? Or did he believe, in the best interests of Bristol City, that he could fool people into thinking that was a proper game of football?

i have to agree it was dire saturday i nearly fell asleep

I've said the same for some time now. Even my old man thinks the same, i think this is the only city related thing we have agreed on in years! Lansdown has made more wrong decisions than right ones.

That just isn't good enough.

Spot on that man!

Archived