IGNORED

Academy

bcfcchris2016

sad.gif Do any other club have a academy like we do in this league? I doubt it... are we going forwards or backwards with it? As far as I can see we are going backwards. If any player comes out of it that are any good they up and go to Preston or somewhere like it. we have to many kids in the team as a result of the academy and look at us now struggling at the bottom of the table, it is really paying dividends. The board have to get real and see us at what we are and that is a poor 3rd division club staring at the 4th in the face, close it now and put the money into the 1st team as it is costing to much to keep. Maybe I am being hard here but I cannot see 1 good reason for keeping it maybe some one else can ( not bcfcchris 2004 oppinion ) the football at the moment is as bad as its ever been. mad.gifmad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Guest ashtonyate
sad.gif Do any other club have a academy like we do in this league? I doubt it... are we going forwards or backwards with it?  As far as I can see we are going backwards. If any player comes out of it that are any good they up and go to Preston or somewhere like it. we have to many kids in the team as a result of the academy and look at us now struggling at the bottom of the table, it is really paying dividends. The board have to get real and see us at what we are and that is a poor 3rd division club staring at the 4th in the face, close it now and put the money into the 1st team as it is costing to much to keep. Maybe I am being hard here but I cannot see 1 good reason for keeping it maybe some one else can  ( not bcfcchris 2004 oppinion ) the football at the moment is as bad as its  ever been. mad.gif  mad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

A man after my own heart

Guest ashtonyate
You must be so pleased Ashton, at last someone to support you. I don't expect too many others of the same opinion. Maybe you two should sit together in some remote corner, at least there should be plenty of those next home game dance.gif

I think you would be surprised how many people think the same as i do

At a time when our best player is a 17 year-old academy product, and another of our big academy prospects that has broken into the first team is climbing the England youth ranks, I find it inconceivable that the cynics still bother moaning. You may as well say what you want to this because I won't waste my time on this subject again. End of...!

Guest ashtonyate
At a time when our best player is a 17 year-old academy product, and another of our big academy prospects that has broken into the first team is climbing the England youth ranks, I find it inconceivable that the cynics still bother moaning. You may as well say what you want to this because I won't waste my time on this subject again. End of...!

But England youth football is just that youth football not mens fooball its all right for them to play 10 minutes here or there but not whole games.Because a number of play out the youth player are in the front line which is why we are in the poo

No, the Memorial Ground is full of 'em ... well, not full exactly, in fact getting emptier by the game ... but that's where City would have been years ago without the benefit of the you know what!

Guest ashtonyate
No, the Memorial Ground is full of 'em ... well, not full exactly, in fact getting emptier by the game ... but that's where City would have been years ago without the benefit of the you know what!

Well with you know what, its not out of the question the we will be you know where

Guest ashtonyate
Yes, the statistics for senility are alarmingly high. It's sad really, but what can you do?

I call it clear thinking stick to your core business putting out a first team don,t worrie about 7 year down the road which is what the academy does.

Revert back to a centre of excellance and start scouting fot talent this is what the club should be doing.Being senilty can be treated so pop along and see your doctor.

Guest routabout
I call it clear thinking stick to your core business putting out a first team don,t worrie about 7 year down the road which is what the academy does.

Revert back to a centre of excellance and start scouting  fot talent this is what the club should be doing.Being senilty can be treated so pop along and see your doctor.

At 34, I don't think my mental problems are down to senility. I put it down to being Bristolian.

Well as somebody that was always in favour of the academy, i must admit i do now question it's benefits, certainly while we are at this level!!

Even without an academy we would still have a youth policy, therefore some decent players may well come through, but at a much reduced cost!!

Also the first team has definately suffered by the manager virtualy being forced to incorporate too many young players into the team to justify its expense!!

If we had gone up then i don't think there could be any doubt that it would have gone on to be a great success, but while we are at this level, unless two or three players a season come through with all the associated problems of blooding youngsters, then it could be argued that the money would bring in better more seasoned pros.

One thing is for sure, the club can not go on making these massive losses, therefore, regretably, arguments for or against may be taken out of the equation, as huge cost cutting measures may include the demise of the academt!!! crying.gif

Guest routabout

It's not just the lads who come through the academy that needs to be taken into consideration. Having an approved academy allows us to attend the Premier league exit trials. That's how we got Leroy, who has earnt us a cool ONE MILLION POUNDS, with more still to come. It's also how we got Gilly and if we handle him properly from here on in, he'll be worth a pretty penny, both in non-financial value to the team and in whatever we end up selling him for.

Those are just two recent examples. Add to those Golbourne & Skuse and I think it justifies itself. But wait there's more! If we hadn't have made such a gargantuan balls up of things, Rosenior could have made us a fair few knicker as well as the other good players it has produced. We've had plenty of good product out of the academy, it's our transfer and contract dealings that have hindered in making the most of these players. That is not the fault of the academy, it's the directors and managers who have allowed young player's contracts to run out.

It's not just the lads who come through the academy that needs to be taken into consideration. Having an approved academy allows us to attend the Premier league exit trials. That's how we got Leroy, who has earnt us a cool ONE MILLION POUNDS, with more still to come. It's also how we got Gilly and if we handle him properly from here on in, he'll be worth a pretty penny, both in non-financial value to the team and in whatever we end up selling him for.

Those are just two recent examples. Add to those Golbourne & Skuse and I think it justifies itself. But wait there's more! If we hadn't have made such a gargantuan balls up of things, Rosenior could have made us a fair few knicker as well as the other good players it has produced. We've had plenty of good product out of the academy, it's our transfer and contract dealings that have hindered in making the most of these players. That is not the fault of the academy, it's the directors and managers who have allowed young player's contracts to run out.

Good points again Rout, but you're wasting your breath. There are people, one in particular, who seem to sit at their computers studying the forum for every chance to turn a thread into an academy debate. The majority time and again go through every explanation and we get nowhere. I give up... banghead.gif

It's late and I'm cranky I'll go and have a lie-down.

Guest routabout
Good points again Rout, but you're wasting your breath. There are people, one in particular, who seem to sit at their computers studying the forum for every chance to turn a thread into an academy debate. The majority time and again go through every explanation and we get nowhere. I give up... banghead.gif

It's late and I'm cranky I'll go and have a lie-down.

Ah, but I will always speak out for what I believe is right and correct. Whether I like those facts is irrelevant. You see, after over a decade in the heart of the IT industry, I have a very black and white, zero and one, right or wrong, way of looking at and approaching things. It's become second nature. So as long as they try to put it down, I will be there to defend what I see as being right an correct. It just remains to be seen who is the most stubborn. wink.gif

Ah, but I will always speak out for what I believe is right and correct. Whether I like those facts is irrelevant. You see, after over a decade in the heart of the IT industry, I have a very black and white, zero and one, right or wrong, way of looking at and approaching things. It's become second nature. So as long as they try to put it down, I will be there to defend what I see as being right an correct. It just remains to be seen who is the most stubborn. wink.gif

Well then that's enough for me. But as long as this manager saga goes on I'll keep coming back to this bloody forum. No doubt tomorrow a thread about Lennie Lawrence visiting Bristol Zoo will somehow be twisted into the old academy will make BCFC bankrupt nonsense and round and round we go.

Has anyone moaned to Landsdown about allocated seating and all that? Might do that tomorrow if I'm still cranky.

Guest routabout
Well then that's enough for me. But as long as this manager saga goes on I'll keep coming back to this bloody forum. No doubt tomorrow a thread about Lennie Lawrence visiting Bristol Zoo will somehow be twisted into the old academy will make BCFC bankrupt nonsense and round and round we go. 

Has anyone moaned to Landsdown about allocated seating and all that? Might do that tomorrow if I'm still cranky.

I wouldn't advise Lawrence to visit Bristol Zoo. He'll never get back out.

Hang on lads, I've had an idea.....

Guest ashtonyate

The reason I keep on about the academy I think it is so important that we get rid of it for the long term future of the club.All these young players we blood must get experance so we put them in the first team like we did with Hill put up with their mistakes.

Which they will make then when they come to sign a contract they will only commit for a short time or in aysan???? case the kid who went preston [saying its time to move on] and would not sign a contract. Then you are back to the next batch of academy players and so on.As for Rosenior or any one who will not signed a contract it would have gone to a tribunal and we might have got 100k and a sell on.

Now for the old chestnut about exit trails these are not for academy players these are for Ex academy players whos clubs are not going to be given them a contract. I think any professional club can go too them its a place where they can show what they can do.

The reason I keep on about the academy I think it is so important that we get rid of it for the long term future of the club.All these young players we blood must get experance so we put them in the first team like we did with Hill put up with their mistakes.

Which they will make then when they come to sign a contract they will only commit for a short time or in aysan???? case the kid who went preston [saying its time to move on] and would not sign a contract. Then you are back to the next batch of academy players and so on.As for Rosenior or any one who will not signed a contract it would have gone to a tribunal and we might have got 100k and a sell on.

Now for the old chestnut about exit trails these are not for academy players these are for Ex academy players whos clubs are not going to be given them a contract. I think any professional club can go too them its a place where they can show what they can do.

ashtonyate, Why have you got a big problem with the academy? The academy give country wide talent a chance to have a go at football.

In my spare time (when City are playing away games and when i am not working) i go scouting for the academy. I put young players (male and female) forward for trials to the academy. I don't get paid for what i do i do it for the benefit of the club. I do it becuss i want Bristol city to get the best players this country can produce before the like of Chelses, Southampton ect get their hands on them.

I do the scouting for free becuss i love this club and for west country children get a chance to play pro football in the future rather than go to eg Chelsea and Southampton,

I go and watch games at places like Yatton Athletic fc, Clevedon United fc, Clevedon Town fc, I also go to Weston Super Mare grounds.

As i say i don't get paid for what i do. I do it for the future of Bristol City fc

Archived