IGNORED

Academy

bcfcchris2016

Guest ashtonyate
ashtonyate, Why have you got a big problem with the academy? The academy give country wide talent a chance to have a go at football.

In my spare time (when City are playing away games and when i am not working) i go scouting for the  academy. I put young players (male and female)  forward for trials to the academy. I don't get paid for what i do i do it for the benefit of the club. I do it becuss i want Bristol city to get the best players this country can produce before the like of Chelses, Southampton ect get their hands on them.

I do the scouting for free becuss i love this club and for west country children get a chance to play pro football in the future rather than go to eg Chelsea and Southampton,

I go and watch games at places like Yatton Athletic fc, Clevedon United fc, Clevedon Town fc, I also go to Weston Super Mare grounds.

As i say i don't get paid for what i do. I do it for the future of Bristol City fc

I think its great that there are people like you around I myself coach bowls to youngster and beginners.I never had a problem with the academy ideal until Bosman, but Now the producing club get no real reward for bring on young talent with agents run the show.I think th FA should run all academies and leve all the clubs pro rata to what division they are in to pay for it

You did not address the issue how to keep the young talent you put through the academy which City are not doing.We can't pay them the money they want because we are having to pay for their academy training.

If we did get to the prem I think it may be ok but we are so far from that position its so far out of our reach it not worth keep the academy I would go down the centre of excellance road.

Archived