IGNORED

The Most Depressing (and Obvious) Truth Is..

Guest Ron

Now for once this isn't me announcing a change of opinion, just becoming slightly more pressemistic as I think we can't go up with the way things are at the moment, and we will be lucky to stay up, because of morale, player quality, finances, and the damaging coaching our players went through for the last 14 months. I still think we should all give the club all we can, as we need to get the best out of it. But the way things are going for now, it aint looking good. i mean, when this new guy comes in, what exactly are they supposed to do - and how?

A kick up the backside will be good, but quality doesn't come from a kick up the backside, some of our players have been crappified by Tinman.

Guest routabout
Now for once this isn't me announcing a change of opinion, just becoming slightly more pressemistic as I think we can't go up with the way things are at the moment, and we will be lucky to stay up, because of morale, player quality, finances, and the damaging coaching our players went through for the last 14 months. I still think we should all give the club all we can, as we need to get the best out of it. But the way things are going for now, it aint looking good. i mean, when this new guy comes in, what exactly are they supposed to do - and how?

A kick up the backside will be good, but quality doesn't come from a kick up the backside, some of our players have been crappified by Tinman.

Ron. Put a sock in it fella. I'm trying to be kind here.

Guest Longford Red

A good swift kick up the ass will be easy Ron. But he'll have his work cut out trying to de-crappify( dunno.gif ) some of our players! farmer.gif

End of day, Carey used to be good. Wilkshire used to be good. Fortune used to be less rubbish. etc.

Were you at Forest last night, Ron?

I doubt it because had you been there you have seen that when Wilkshire came on in he second half City looked more of a unit and he made a difference to City's attacking play.

Guest routabout
End of day, Carey used to be good. Wilkshire used to be good. Fortune used to be less rubbish. etc.

Carey was still an aimless hoofer, under Wilson. I've said it about him for a fair few years now. Tinns big mistake was bringing him back.

its not as bad as all that, we are all a bit down at the moment, less than a week we will have a new manager, not everyone will like him but we will all rally round show our true support and get behind the club and the manager will give the players a sense of direction show them the basics and motivate the boys into turning the results around and we will wonder what all the fuss was about. Then we can find something else to moan and whinge about,`as we do,` all good stuff hey.

its not as bad as all that, we are all a bit down at the moment, less than a week we will have a new manager, not everyone  will like him but we will all rally round show our true support and get behind the club and the manager will  give the players a sense of direction show them the basics and motivate the boys into turning the results around and we will wonder what all the fuss was about. Then we can find something else to moan and whinge about,`as we do,` all good stuff hey.

A sensible post at last chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif makes a change from pointless rumours and pointless bickering amongst ourselves.

Oh and Ron we are NOT going down, not a chance city.gifcity.gifcity.gif

Guest redphilc
its not as bad as all that, we are all a bit down at the moment, less than a week we will have a new manager, not everyone  will like him but we will all rally round show our true support and get behind the club and the manager will  give the players a sense of direction show them the basics and motivate the boys into turning the results around and we will wonder what all the fuss was about. Then we can find something else to moan and whinge about,`as we do,` all good stuff hey.

We could continue to moan until the new man arrives - might speed the appointment up?

Probably isn't as simple as just getting a new manager now the board seems to be in tatters. Some big problems we have on our hands without a quick fix solution.

Tough times lie ahead.

Guest routabout

And I know that this goes right against the grain, but to hell with it.....

How about this? Regardless of what each of us think of the board members and players at the club, I think we can all agree that those still at the club have a lot on their plate and are under enormous pressure. Wouldn't it be a good idea if we all retracted our claws and got off their backs, at least until we have a new manager in place? After everything that's been said on here, I can't see as there is much else to say, without repeating something.

I think we're all sick of the arguing and the anger/frustration/despair that we're all feeling.

Let's do what WE can, to try to improve the things that WE have SOME CONTROL over. Namely the general mood here and in the stadium. It's OUR club. It makes no sense for us to make it into a warzone, where we are all in the crossfire.

Can't see it happening, but I thought it worth suggesting.

And I know that this goes right against the grain, but to hell with it.....

How about this? Regardless of what each of us think of the board members and players at the club, I think we can all agree that those still at the club have a lot on their plate and are under enormous pressure. Wouldn't it be a good idea if we all retracted our claws and got off their backs, at least until we have a new manager in place? After everything that's been said on here, I can't see as there is much else to say, without repeating something.

I think we're all sick of the arguing and the anger/frustration/despair that we're all feeling.

Let's do what WE can, to try to improve the things that WE have SOME CONTROL over. Namely the general mood here and in the stadium. It's OUR club. It makes no sense for us to make it into a warzone, where we are all in the crossfire.

Can't see it happening, but I thought it worth suggesting.

Well said chant6ez.gif TIME FOR US ALL to put our differences aside and put this club OUR CLUB back together city.gifcity.gifcity.gif

not if its Lawrence trust me that will be the final end for the club we love disapointed2se.gif

A sensible post at last chant6ez.gif  chant6ez.gif  chant6ez.gif makes a change from pointless rumours and  pointless bickering amongst ourselves.

Oh and Ron we are NOT going down, not a chance city.gif  city.gif  city.gif

Whether we do or not, we all need to rally behind the new guy & the team as said. It's just depressing how bad it is atm. And I can't express it by not going, as that won't help, so I'm going to be depressed, damn it.

Yes we could Ron..

I remember every Gashead I talked to saying: "There's no way we're going down".

Of course, the rest is history. The parallel between us and them is an unfair one as they sold Roberts, Cureton and Zamora in the space of one season, we've only got rid of Lita (who could score) the rest seemed to spend all game squandering chance after chance..

We just need a fresh injection and I don't mean in the Babyshambles sense..

rolleyes.gif

Having watched the Milton Keynes, Colchester and Blackpool games, i would have to conclude that on current perfromances, relegation is certainly a possibility. HOWEVER, after the Swnasea game I said that we cannot possibly play any worse and I feel that that will be a turning point in our season. Currently, we look rudderless and we need a decent coach and a competent tactician to pull us out of the mire. Now is the opportunity to do that and I will not speculate any further as to who that will be. Most of the names bandied around have the potential to give us this stability even if they don't get the team playing the flowing passing football that we come to the Gate to watch.

At the moment, the priority has got to be to get the team to play as a unit. IMO, we're missing Brooker hugely to hold the ball up and wait three quarters of an hour for Stewart to join the attack. Once he's back, the forward line should gel better as a unit. Then there's the midfield...too many youngsters, keen and willing (don't get me wrong) but tactically naive. The defence is starting to look more cohesive but the chopping and changing from back 3 to 4, Heywood in, Heywood injured, Partridge in, Partridge on international duty, must be un-nerving. We're also suffering on the flanks. Who prays for a return to the halcyon days of Barnard/Bell and Tinman interchanging on the left, Carey and Murray/Goodridge on the right? Now it's "ball to Carey, aimless hoof forward". And we wonder why the ball isn't sticking? Oh yeah, Brooker's not on the pitch.

Interestingly enough, half of these observations came from my eleven year old son. He has no coaching badge and isn't paid a handsome salary.

Scooter Red

Guest JonSingleton
Having watched the Milton Keynes, Colchester and Blackpool games, i would have to conclude that on current perfromances, relegation is certainly a possibility.  HOWEVER, after the Swnasea game I said that we cannot possibly play any worse and I feel that that will be a turning point in our season.  Currently, we look rudderless and we need a decent coach and a competent tactician to pull us out of the mire.  Now is the opportunity to do that and I will not speculate any further as to who that will be.  Most of the names bandied around have the potential to give us this stability even if they don't get the team playing the flowing passing football that we come to the Gate to watch.

At the moment, the priority has got to be to get the team to play as a unit.  IMO, we're missing Brooker hugely to hold the ball up and wait three quarters of an hour for Stewart to join the attack.  Once he's back, the forward line should gel better as a unit.  Then there's the midfield...too many youngsters, keen and willing (don't get me wrong) but tactically naive.  The defence is starting to look more cohesive but the chopping and changing from back 3 to 4, Heywood in, Heywood injured, Partridge in, Partridge on international duty, must be un-nerving.  We're also suffering on the flanks.  Who prays for a return to the halcyon days of Barnard/Bell and Tinman interchanging on the left, Carey and Murray/Goodridge on the right?  Now it's "ball to Carey, aimless hoof forward".  And we wonder why the ball isn't sticking?  Oh yeah, Brooker's not on the pitch.

Interestingly enough, half of these observations came from my eleven year old son.  He has no coaching badge and isn't paid a handsome salary.

Scooter Red

Well I didn't think they came from his father!

Well I didn't think they came from his father!

Following that comment Jon, I just can't wait for your stag do. You'll pay mark my words mein freund. It's the leiderhosen for you!

Scooter Red

Archived