IGNORED

How To Create A Win Win

Guest Frank

If I was chairman I'd be looking to appoint the new manager tonight or tomorrow morning. I realise it isn't that staight forward because there wil be negotiations but that would be my aim.

If we do that, the new man (let's call him Gary for ease of writing biggrin.gif ) can come in and be unveiled but won't be in charge for the Saturday game. That way if we win people will say Gary's already having an influence even from the stands. If we lose we'll all accept Gary wasn't in charge so can hardly be judged on the result of the game.

How the manager starts is really important in how quickly we start feeling positive about Gary's influence, so by putting him in a situation where he'll get some credit if we win but no flak if we lose is the best way to do that I think.

• Admin

If I was chairman I'd be looking to appoint the new manager tonight or tomorrow morning. I realise it isn't that staight forward because there wil be negotiations but that would be my aim.

If we do that, the new man (let's call him Gary for ease of writing :D ) can come in and be unveiled but won't be in charge for the Saturday game. That way if we win people will say Gary's already having an influence even from the stands. If we lose we'll all accept Gary wasn't in charge so can hardly be judged on the result of the game.

How the manager starts is really important in how quickly we start feeling positive about Gary's influence, so by putting him in a situation where he'll get some credit if we win but no flak if we lose is the best way to do that I think.

As well as giving him an excellent opportunity to run the rule over several of our players :D

Guest hairyshamrock

As well as giving him an excellent opportunity to run the rule over several of our players :D

Especially when you think that the weekend is looming and we all know our boys like a drink or two in town... no doubt they'll be about for a couple of swift halves and a large dose of saturday night fever when they all return from london village... I don't know where they get all their energy from - or is it that they don't use enough of it on the pitch...?!

:farmer::dance:

Assuming it is Johnson whose appointed some fans are certainly expecting him to turn things around very quickly.

It concerns me that maybe the depth of the problem at AG is too deep to be turned around in a short space of time and the new man has to be given time to impose himself and his playing style.

I've seen it before when the knives are out far too prematurely and all that does is put extra pressure on the man in charge.

In other words - how long will Johnson get before the fans start slagging him?

Assuming it is Johnson whose appointed some fans are certainly expecting him to turn things around very quickly.

It concerns me that maybe the depth of the problem at AG is too deep to be turned around in a short space of time and the new man has to be given time to impose himself and his playing style.

I've seen it before when the knives are out far too prematurely and all that does is put extra pressure on the man in charge.

In other words - how long will Johnson get before the fans start slagging him?

You mean like Marcus Stewart is on the pitch??? :doh:

Archived