IGNORED

Yeovil Fans

Red Robin

really think this might be the one for Sir Gary.

Dunno why I have felt like this but people who say it won't happen are burying their heads in the sand. It may happen, it may not happen but to say it won't happen is stupid.

There are people on here who have followed Yeovil for all their lives. I first went when I was two and I'm now 37 ( no, I don't look it, do I? ). I would never leave managing Yeovil to manage City and most of you wouldn't either. But thats because we were born green. Gary wasn't. Thats not criticism and its not intended to be. But his ambition may mean more to him than his loyalty to Yeovil does and we would have to accept it.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do. He has brought more happiness, success, great football, smiles and new fans into the ground than anyone else in our history. No one will ever forget his contribution to us but if he feels the time is right then he will go.

Make the right decision, Gary.

forum link below

P.S the forum on http://www.ciderspaceforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/d...ewmode=threaded

city/johnson the perfect job"

I personally think Gary Johson will go to Bristol City and to be honest it is the perfect job for Gary.

It is unlikely he will get a job straight into the premiership and there is no doubt City are a sleeping giant, Lansdown backed Danny Wilson 100% which is the kind of loyalty that Gary looks for.The crowds will flock back to Ashton Gate with good football and the right manager and I honestly believe City can get back to the big time.Gary also can remain in the South West where he enjoys living.In a nutshell city are potentially a huge club with little or no success for a long time right on his doorstep,he is a huge hero at yeovil and will never be forgotten but he can become a bigger hero and can I hate to say it take city to the top of English football which Yeovil will find hard to do.

The site also says this -

"Don't think anyone has necessarily said that it WON'T happen. Just that if it is going to happen, then currently things seem VERY premature.

On the one hand you've got people like HTV claiming "done deals" but on the other hand you have GJ saying both on Radio Bristol and on the OS that there has been no approach made. Both statements can't be true.

HTV claim that GJ going to Plymouth is a done deal. HTV also claim that GJ going to Bristol City is a done deal. Both statements can't be true.

GJ claims he hasn't been interviewed by BCFC. BCFC Chairman Steve Lansdown says all interviews have been conducted and that they are currently choosing who they want to appoint. Both statements can't be true.

There's a lot of contradictions out there if you look at the facts that are available."

Interesting..........Hmmmmmmmmmm

really think this might be the one for Sir Gary.

Dunno why I have felt like this but people who say it won't happen are burying their heads in the sand. It may happen, it may not happen but to say it won't happen is stupid.

There are people on here who have followed Yeovil for all their lives. I first went when I was two and I'm now 37 ( no, I don't look it, do I? ). I would never leave managing Yeovil to manage City and most of you wouldn't either. But thats because we were born green. Gary wasn't. Thats not criticism and its not intended to be. But his ambition may mean more to him than his loyalty to Yeovil does and we would have to accept it.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do. He has brought more happiness, success, great football, smiles and new fans into the ground than anyone else in our history. No one will ever forget his contribution to us but if he feels the time is right then he will go.

Make the right decision, Gary.

forum link below

P.S the forum on http://www.ciderspaceforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/d...ewmode=threaded

city/johnson the perfect job"

I personally think Gary Johson will go to Bristol City and to be honest it is the perfect job for Gary.

It is unlikely he will get a job straight into the premiership and there is no doubt City are a sleeping giant, Lansdown backed Danny Wilson 100% which is the kind of loyalty that Gary looks for.The crowds will flock back to Ashton Gate with good football and the right manager and I honestly believe City can get back to the big time.Gary also can remain in the South West where he enjoys living.In a nutshell city are potentially a huge club with little or no success for a long time right on his doorstep,he is a huge hero at yeovil and will never be forgotten but he can become a bigger hero and can I hate to say it take city to the top of English football which Yeovil will find hard to do.

very eoloquently put. respect man, respect.

there is huge logic in GJ coming to City. He may feel he truly has gone as far as he can with Yeovil. He will be disappointed with the indifferent start with Yeovil although I believe they will climb the table [with him]. had they started better and Yeovil been in the top 7 we would quite possibly not be having this discussion but a week or two is a long time in football.

i hope for our sake we get him, i am very sorry for you Yeovil fans truly I am - always will have a soft spot for the team as a Somerset man. I hope also it is as amicable as it possibly can be under such circumstances and he does get a good send off because most yeovil fans will swallow hard but probably respect his decision as you clearly have. well done mate.

Guest routabout

Just in case there are any Yeovil fans reading our forum, I'd just like to say that I fully empathise with you all. I have always had a soft spot for Yeovil and I almost feel guilty, if we do poach him off you.

But as the French say, "Je sui com, tu avec Waterloo". You have to understand that this is better for all concerned and it is better that it happens now. As Chris Evans has so painfully realised, even when they ain't the best around, if you've got a face like his AND ginger hair, then they're not going to stick around forever. It's a case of survival of the fittest and keeping your place on the food chain. So sorry and all that, but as you'll realise if this actually comes about, he didn't really love you and we will do all those things he likes, better and more often than you and we'll even let our mates join in.

Good luck in appointing a replacement. I hear Lennie Lawrence is available. :rofl2br:

[Note to Steve Lansdown: Please sign him now and not that muppet Lawrence, for crying out loud. I'll never live this down otherwise.]

PS: IF Gary Johnson is coming to Ashton Gate, I don't suppose you'll see your way clear to lending us his son will you? Either that or we'll have him off you in January. We got a deal goin for Port Vale to have at least one of our old bangers off us then. They're delighted with the one's we've flung their way so far. Luvvley jubbley!

Guest black n white forever

bloody hell!!! lets hope he doesnt go to city as we've got yeovil on sat and need a win!! the managerless club syndrome could really hurt us as we only have 14 points so far,a long way off safety :rofl2br:

bloody hell!!! lets hope he doesnt go to city as we've got yeovil on sat and need a win!! the managerless club syndrome could really hurt us as we only have 14 points so far,a long way off safety :rofl2br:

Exactly what my mate text me looks like it could be Johnsons last game in charge. An emotional day for one and all.

Just in case there are any Yeovil fans reading our forum, I'd just like to say that I fully empathise with you all. I have always had a soft spot for Yeovil and I almost feel guilty, if we do poach him off you.

But as the French say, "Je sui com, tu avec Waterloo". You have to understand that this is better for all concerned and it is better that it happens now. As Chris Evans has so painfully realised, even when they ain't the best around, if you've got a face like his AND ginger hair, then they're not going to stick around forever. It's a case of survival of the fittest and keeping your place on the food chain. So sorry and all that, but as you'll realise if this actually comes about, he didn't really love you and we will do all those things he likes, better and more often than you and we'll even let our mates join in.

Good luck in appointing a replacement. I hear Lennie Lawrence is available. :rofl2br:

[Note to Steve Lansdown: Please sign him now and not that muppet Lawrence, for crying out loud. I'll never live this down otherwise.]

PS: IF Gary Johnson is coming to Ashton Gate, I don't suppose you'll see your way clear to lending us his son will you? Either that or we'll have him off you in January. We got a deal goin for Port Vale to have at least one of our old bangers off us then. They're delighted with the one's we've flung their way so far. Luvvley jubbley!

yes we're highly delighted so far,apart from saurday just gone they have done well and we still have lee to come back (eventually) so if the cast offfs are as good as the rest then keep em coming.

I'd get used to seeing that number. You could be stuck on it for some time. :D

bet you'd swap though :farmer:

cant get used to the quoting thing on this site :doh:

Guest routabout

bet you'd swap though :farmer:

cant get used to the quoting thing on this site :doh:

Tell you what, we'll swap points (I'll leave you to sort that with the Football League) and as a good will gesture, we'll throw in a Clayton Fortune and give you first refusal on a Louis Carey, that's only got two owners on the log book. How's that sound? :D

Tell you what, we'll swap points (I'll leave you to sort that with the Football League) and as a good will gesture, we'll throw in a Clayton Fortune and give you first refusal on a Louis Carey, that's only got two owners on the log book. How's that sound? :D

are they capable of playing more than 10 games a season though???

###### knows what you put these players through before you ship em to us :laugh:

Guest routabout

are they capable of playing more than 10 games a season though???

###### knows what you put these players through before you ship em to us :laugh:

Rehab.We've got an account at the Betty Ford they give us good bulk discounts.

Guest routabout

hardcore yeovil fan at work was gutted to see he was favourite for the job.

he's now praying martin allen get's the job.

What's your mate's name? Has he been mentioned as a potential candidate on here? Why's he gutted, he must have applied in the first place.

I'll get me coat.....

Guest scrumpy dare

What's your mate's name? Has he been mentioned as a potential candidate on here? Why's he gutted, he must have applied in the first place.

I'll get me coat.....

i'll get it for you :D

Archived