IGNORED

Wouldn't You Just Love To Know

Robbored

We'll never know for sure but I just wonder if the forum has had any influence in the appointment of City's new boss?

Almost a week ago there was a big "no" vote on Lawrence by the fans and comments along the lines that the club have a chance to instill a "feel good" factor back at AG by appointing a dynamic and progressive manager.It looks now as if that could happen.

Johnson has always been popular amongst the City fans and that won't have been lost on Steve Lansdown.He has now (hopefully) recruited GJ and already we are seeing threads praising that decision.I'm not saying that our Chairman has approached Yeovil to regain popularity as Johnson has an impressive record over recent seasons at that alone warrents City's interest but I do wonder how much (if any) influence the fans voices via the forum has had.

It's an interesting one Robbo.

I'm sure GJ has been selected as he was the outstanding candidate at interview. That said, if it's clear that a vast majority of fans are against the appointment of someone else, in this case Lawrence, then they must take that into consideration if it's a close race.

At the end of the day, it would be foolhardy of the board to go completely against public opinion: it's the supporters that still do pay the bills through season tickets, club shirts, credit card booking fees...

If Lawrence was the very best candidate then no doubt SL would have been strong enough to appoint him, but if it's close, well, if I was SL, I'd want to know what the fans were thinking, even if I made the choice in the club's best interests.

I find it ironic that the same people post threads alog the lines of "This forum thinks its more important than it is" as well as ones that say, "this forum has too much influence and is dragging the club down".

I didn't agree with Rocky starting that poll, not because I had any wish to see Lawrence as manager, but because it seemed unfair to criticise a man just because he had been interviewed.

However, if you are right Robbo I am amazed that SL was able to pick Johnson out as "forum favourite" in amongst all the Peter Reid, Dennis Wise, Dave Bassett, Jim Smith, etc posts.

While we are blowing trumpets I'll make a wild claim myself: Perhaps, despite Adam B deleting it, :angry: SL took my suggestion that a revolution was required, to heart? whistle: :whistle::rofl2br:

Clearly a good Chairman will always listen to the fans, but if the board start taking important decisions purely on the basis of the opinions of some of the nutters on this forum then we're in serious trouble.

Dave,

I think you do yourself down too readily. Sometimes your opinions are quite valid. :devil:

I would hope SL doesn't look at this forum for guidance but he would be mad not to take note of the general mood amongst City fans for the prospective manager.

It's a concept that football owners still can't quite grasp, but we are the paying customers!

Clearly a good Chairman will always listen to the fans, but if the board start taking important decisions purely on the basis of the opinions of some of the nutters on this forum then we're in serious trouble.

:chant6ez: whilst there is some good stuff an awlful lot is from nutters and kids

Mrs SL , Badger, is a regular forum watcher, as are a lot of players and staff wives/girlfriends.The boys train and play, and the girls get the fans thoughts from here.

Ask any hairdresser, ask any jeweller, the girls network has far more intel than the boys.

My niece a politician is privvy to the network and thinks we are hilarious, but a deliciously low life form. She follows rugby union which says it all really.

Women are the force behind the throne, make no mistake about it, and I for one have recieved more and better information via the girls than I ever have in here...........with 2 exceptions.

Guest routabout

I'm not entirely sure I'd want it to be the case that this forum has any influence on decisions at the club and I certainly wouldn't want it confirmed as such.

It would only encourage us.

Archived