IGNORED

Johnson Confirmed

mozo

Sky Sports have reported that Yeovil board announced that Johnson is having talks with City. They will accept it as long as it goes through correct channels. City have made formal approach and so are presumably prepared to pay compensation. Club should meet Johnson soon.

And this site has confirmed and Steve L says: "That meeting took place yesterday and the clubs are now negotiating over a compensation payment. We have made what we consider an excellent offer to Yeovil and are awaiting their response."

Let's hope these negotiations don't go on too long. I presume Johnson is happy to sign, City must be confident of that.

Guest routabout

This is all excellent news and a true indication of Steve Lansdown's willingness to make good his past errors. It's also a sign of ambition and I for one have a hunch that this could be a truly inspired appointment.

This is all excellent news and a true indication of Steve Lansdown's willingness to make good his past errors. It's also a sign of ambition and I for one have a hunch that this could be a truly inspired appointment.

me too: really feels like the right appointment at the right time.

It seems to have lifted the fans (just look at the reaction on here today): let's hope it does the same for the players.

Whether it's a successful appointment or not time will tell, you just never know in football, however the crucial thing for me is that you can see the logic of prising Johnson. With Tinnion, Pulis and others City fans have found themselves confused by appointments. This is one that fans should back...IF it all goes through as we hope it will!

I seem to recall Tinnions appointment was looked upon as the second coming by the majority on here - not me of course who said he was bl##dy useless from day one.

For the record, I think Johnson is probably the strongest candidate of those purported to have been considered.

Guest routabout

I seem to recall Tinnions appointment was looked upon as the second coming by the majority on here - not me of course who said he was bl##dy useless from day one.

For the record, I think Johnson is probably the strongest candidate of those purported to have been considered.

I'll readily hold my hands up to hoping that Tinns had the minerals at the time of his promotion to the manager's position and backing him to come good, right up to about a week before 'Swansea'. I'll also admit that my faith in him was severely misplaced and that I got that one very wrong.

However, Tinns' appointment and Johnson's appointment are two completely different situations. Tinns' was a question of faith and hope of his possible potential. Johnson has a track record for me to base my opinion on.

Sky Sports have reported that Yeovil board announced that Johnson is having talks with City. They will accept it as long as it goes through correct channels. City have made formal approach and so are presumably prepared to pay compensation. Club should meet Johnson soon.

Have you seen our official site since this morning :city::doh:

I'll readily hold my hands up to hoping that Tinns had the minerals at the time of his promotion to the manager's position and backing him to come good, right up to about a week before 'Swansea'. I'll also admit that my faith in him was severely misplaced and that I got that one very wrong.

However, Tinns' appointment and Johnson's appointment are two completely different situations. Tinns' was a question of faith and hope of his possible potential. Johnson has a track record for me to base my opinion on.

We had no choice but to be hopeful about Tinnion, but we all knew there was a risk involved. What's the point in being a miserable cynic after all - get you nowhere in life. I backed Tinnion all the way up until the Swansea game, then accepted that no amount of faith was going to make him a success. I'll give Johnson as long as I possibly can. Unless he really is a miracle worker I still think that this season should be seen as yet another one of rebuilding. Next season johnson should have HIS team in place as well as his tactics. Lets hope he is ruthless when it comes to instilling HIS tough training regime, not to mention genuine discipline, on and off the pitch. Most importantly for us fans, let's enjoy the feelgood factor that new hope brings, and maybe it'll rub off on the players.

Have you seen our official site since this morning :city::doh:

Sky Sports was reporting from the Yeovil angle too, quoting their chairman.

Guest routabout

We had no choice but to be hopeful about Tinnion, but we all knew there was a risk involved. What's the point in being a miserable cynic after all - get you nowhere in life. I backed Tinnion all the way up until the Swansea game, then accepted that no amount of faith was going to make him a success. I'll give Johnson as long as I possibly can. Unless he really is a miracle worker I still think that this season should be seen as yet another one of rebuilding. Next season johnson should have HIS team in place as well as his tactics. Lets hope he is ruthless when it comes to instilling HIS tough training regime, not to mention genuine discipline, on and off the pitch. Most importantly for us fans, let's enjoy the feelgood factor that new hope brings, and maybe it'll rub off on the players.

Hear hear!

My sentiments exactly! Johnson has to rebuild this club, as much as his position allows. This season is one of rebuilding and also something of a dry run for next season's unstoppable domination of League One, then England, Europe and then onto the world!

Sky Sports was reporting from the Yeovil angle too, quoting their chairman.

WELL SAID!!!! :chant6ez: tinnion was something we all desperately wanted to work. this is appointment is one that is far more likely to work. i take my hat off to mr lansdown. he has been criticised in some quarters recently but has really caught the imagination with this one. to get GJ is no mean feat. thank you mr chairman. you have made a lot of people very happy :D

lets get behind the team for the remainder of the season and see what happens. GJ will have us challenging at the right end of the table soon.

Archived