IGNORED

Who Should Johnson Bring?

mozo

Guest routabout

If we had to have two who would you like to grace the Ashton Gate turf? Any other players that he has managed that you would like to see here?

His son would be a good choice. I wouldn't mind seeing young Kev return, to make the right back slot his own. He might be a former player returning, but I didn't want him to leave in the first place.

Guest routabout

Amankwaah....nah, no better then what we already have

Lee Johnson would be good, can he not play left mid??

Ah, but my reasoning on Amankwaah is that since leaving us, he's had some proper training. We are hoping that Johnson brings good coaching with him, after all?

Ah, but my reasoning on Amankwaah is that since leaving us, he's had some proper training. We are hoping that Johnson brings good coaching with him, after all?

Yeh, if Johnson thinks he can get the best out of him why not? Let Yeovil have Smith and Carey in return!

totally agree with that mate. Johnson is a cracking manager but he has achieved what he has with the help of a great back set up, hopefully when he comes here he will be allowed to appoint his own back room staff.

Bye Walshy, ta ta Millen

Definitely his son who would be the playmaker in centre midfield. Rumours that he is unhappy at Yeovil and nearly moved to Swansea a few weeks ago. As for goalkeepers, either Chris Weale or Steve Collis would be great.

Also Gary could persuade former Glover Super Gav (williams) to come in on-loan from West Ham. He's unsettled in London and would love a move back this way. Again Swansea were interested but Gav is a Cardiff fan. He's a top player and would be great on the right wing for us.

The other player he should get is Paul Parry for the left wing. Gary tried to sign him many times for Yeovil. Parry has been on the bench quite a lot for Cardiff recently but I don't know if this is because he has been injured.

Remember he has got good contacts overseas and in the non-leagues as well so he'll have a long list of ideas rather than try and poach Yeovil players who will need transfer fees that SL will, understandabley, be unlikely to want to cough up for.

He'll do a great job here and we get 'two for one' as he is a quality coach as well as possessng the traditional manager skills needed for good man management and being able to nick a bargain in the transfer market.

Fans shouldn't pressurise him with unrealistic raised expectations of instant success but it's a great appointment that should bring the club success and entertaining football over time. I hope he is given the freedom to overhaul the coaching set-up throughout the club.

Guest routabout
Fans shouldn't pressurise him with unrealistic raised expectations of instant success but it's a great appointment that should bring the club success and entertaining football over time. I hope he is given the freedom to overhaul the coaching set-up throughout the club

Now come on, this is Bristol City we are talking about isn't it? We know no other way than to aim unrealistically high and then wonder at a later date, why we feel so disappointed when it doesn't transpire.

Hang on, I've just switched my sarcastic macro off. That's better. Good point.

Guest fatherdougal

Warren Patmore... is he still around?

Apparently retired (after a stint with Woking) to become an estate agent. Scored a brilliant goal for Yeovil

at the Reebok in the FA cup I seem to remember. As for Johnson signings, expect lots of players

with Baltic and South American names, I would have thought......

Archived