IGNORED

Was It A Good Performance?

MarcusX

Be fair - it was at Brentford - give the lads a little time to get back!

From the radio - the only concern would be that the game was tight at the end ! First half sounded like we were pretty well orgainsed. One of those halves were they seemed to have more of the ball but we created the chances - including a great goal from Wilkshire from a free kick. 2-0. Orr sounded like he did a good job at the back.

Second half - we seemed top create loads of chances - then a long ball, mistake at the back 2-1. No panic, still play football, 3-1. Then a penalty that we miss. Should have been all over.

Then from the commentry - 3-2 with Sodje 'climbing all over his man'. Then a little bit backs to the wall, with them having a penalty shout that 'we would have been disapponted not to have been given' for them.

Forget the possession - can not remember a game were we created so many clear cut chances. Only down side I suspect was that we did not completely close the game down - against a side who if they had won would have been level top!

A win in the next one, and we have had worse weeks!

• Admin

Just got back to Watford, we played very well, we looked solid and organised, played football on the floor, the lads looked confident and worked hard.

When GJ gets them fit we'll be a right handful! I still think we'll go up!!

Having been at the game I honestly cannot believe that possession stat on the bbc site.

In the second half in particular we were passing it around at will and when Brentford DID win it back, they invariably gave it straight to our midfield.

Very encouraging performance.

Having been at the game I honestly cannot believe that possession stat on the bbc site.

In the second half in particular we were passing it around at will and when Brentford DID win it back, they invariably gave it straight to our midfield.

Very encouraging performance.

i don't get it either or does the vast amount of time in the air from a brentford hoof upfield count as their possession :dunno:

all i heard most of the match was City passing it around and Brentford whacking it up the other end :dunno:

Airtime must count :dunno:

In comparison to the stuff that City have served up so far this season,today was just like watching Brazil.

City's interplay especially around the Brentford 18yard box was sublime at times and to be fair City should/could have won by 5 if they had taken their chances.Stewart missed two,Brown another,Wilkshire,s duffed penalty,Brooker blazing over,Cotterill shooting high and wide when he should have crossed....

In midfield both Skuse and Wilkshire harried and pressed all game and Wilkshire in particular got forward very well.

If City can repeat today's performance on Tuesday night then we are all in for a real treat...

I thought it was a brilliant game of football and what a performance by City. Best match ive seen in a long time, maybe untill hartlepool at home. Wilkshire scored a brilliant free kick but then missed the pen :@ Stewart had the best game since he came and Madjo won everything in the air. Martain Allen what a ######!! Orr is the best right back we have and Woodman had a good game with some nice passes. Heywood did his job as usual, won everything in air. Partdrige is improving every game. Cole Skuse didnt really get into the game much but did some nice passing. Scott Brown played well, some neat runs and provider for Brookers goal. Cotteril came into life in the second half with some good runs and got us the pen.

All in all a very good performance and if we play like that in Tuesday, we should hammer Barnsley :city:

Archived