IGNORED

Back From Brentford

Tinmansleftboot

As I live just 25 miles away from down town Brentford I'm home already!!

What a performance...3-2 didn't really do us justice.

Still a bit shaky at the back but much better!!

The Midfield looked a bit lightweight at times but LW put in a belter of a performance. I'm still trying to come us with adjectives to describe his free kick!! Better than anything Becks has produced recently!

CS played well. The game did seem to pass him by at times but he stuck at it.

SB has a stormer!! Was a real threat down the left. Never gave up and played a bliding cross into the box for SB to score.

DC Magic..I can say no more!! Looked class.

Mr Madjo!! Ha...Brilliant!! The player we've been missing! reminded me a wee bit of Akinbiyi!! Boco Juniors loss is our gain!! He had his own little fan club in the seating area! Think it may have been his family!!

MS Played a few decent touches and took his goal well. Linked up really well with Mr Magic!!

BO played really well at right back. Linked up brilliantly with DC. Reminded me of Mickey Bell and Tinnion.

SB well we all know what to expect from the big man.

All the rest of the last played well. As I said the defence still looked a bit dodgy. Doesn't really look mobile enough!

And Finally...GJ.....Looked the part in his suit! shouted and waved his hands loads!

I didn't want to be negative today. It was a massive step in the right direction. Maybe GJ got the best from the lads or maybe they fear thier place in the team is under threat. Whatever it was it was a breath of fresh air!!

Oh, and one more thing.....Keep Skippy away from the penalty spot when the balls on it!!! How did he miss???? Personally I blame Tinnion!!!!!!!

Played lads!!

As I live just 25 miles away from down town Brentford I'm home already!!

What a performance...3-2 didn't really do us justice.

Still a bit shaky at the back but much better!!

The Midfield looked a bit lightweight at times but LW put in a belter of a performance. I'm still trying to come us with adjectives to describe his free kick!! Better than anything Becks has produced recently!

CS played well. The game did seem to pass him by at times but he stuck at it.

SB has a stormer!! Was a real threat down the left. Never gave up and played a bliding cross into the box for SB to score.

DC Magic..I can say no more!! Looked class.

Mr Madjo!! Ha...Brilliant!! The player we've been missing! reminded me a wee bit of Akinbiyi!! Boco Juniors loss is our gain!! He had his own little fan club in the seating area! Think it may have been his family!!

MS Played a few decent touches and took his goal well. Linked up really well with Mr Magic!!

BO played really well at right back. Linked up brilliantly with DC. Reminded me of Mickey Bell and Tinnion.

SB well we all know what to expect from the big man.

All the rest of the last played well. As I said the defence still looked a bit dodgy. Doesn't really look mobile enough!

And Finally...GJ.....Looked the part in his suit! shouted and waved his hands loads!

I didn't want to be negative today. It was a massive step in the right direction. Maybe GJ got the best from the lads or maybe they fear thier place in the team is under threat. Whatever it was it was a breath of fresh air!!

Oh, and one more thing.....Keep Skippy away from the penalty spot when the balls on it!!! How did he miss???? Personally I blame Tinnion!!!!!!!

Played lads!!

Thats good to hear. How was Philips today? Woodman still sounded like the weak link on the radio.

Thats good to hear. How was Philips today? Woodman still sounded like the weak link on the radio.

Mmm..Phillips...He's never really been in control of his box.. today was no different!! Dropped a couple near the end!!

CW..played ok. Never really stood out. Got beaten a couple of times. Cant really say I noticed he was on the pitch.. Make of that what you want.

Cant you make it a bit more readable by typing their names ?

Its as bad as Textspeak.

Sorry :whistle:

I could.. But I do have deadlines!! Its a tough job trying to be the one who posts the first mini match report!!

It surely cant take much effort to know the LW = Luke Wilkshire etc!! :@ ;)

Mmm..Phillips...He's never really been in control of his box.. today was no different!! Dropped a couple near the end!!

CW..played ok. Never really stood out. Got beaten a couple of times. Cant really say I noticed he was on the pitch.. Make of that what you want.

I could.. But I do have deadlines!! Its a tough job trying to be the one who posts the first mini match report!!

How did SB play? and which played better SB or SB?

SB sounded like he scored a good goal and SB had the ball in the net as well. :shutup:

Yeah but this was a bit confusing:

Just no pleasing some people!! Since when has Steve Brooker played down the left.. and did Scott Brown score??

Jeas..I ask you!! :)

How did SB play? and which played better SB or SB?

SB sounded like he scored a good goal and SB had the ball in the net as well. :shutup:

If you went to the game you'd know!!

Just no pleasing some people!! Since when has Steve Brooker played down the left.. and did Scott Brown score??

Jeas..I ask you!! :)

If you went to the game you'd know!!

Unfortunatly i had to listen to it on world. As the trip from scotland was 550 miles to far and 9 hrs to long!

:unsure:

• Admin

I made a sarcastic comment during the first half of Woodman winning a free header. After that every time I saw him it seemed he was winning headers, some of them crucial too! :D

Maybe he heard my mutterings? :dunno::laugh:

woodman's fault for the 1st goal though.

Was it? Why didn't Phillips come out and make it his? All he had to do was yell at Woodman that he was coming out for the ball.

The goal was a clear example of what I've been saying about Phillips for ages - that his indecision causes confusion amongst his defenders.That won't have been lost on Johnson.

My ratings:

Phillips - 5/10, flapped, at fault for the first Brentford goal, Brentford are difficult opposition for him

Orr - 7/10, best I've seen him play, looked a natural right back

Woodman - 6/10, at fault with Phillips for the first Brentford goal, generally played well, but seems to lack confidence, e.g. should have shot on at leat one occasion

Heywood - 8/10, immense, commmanding, doesn't give away too many fouls, - all good central defender attributes, but a bit slow and distribution not great

Partridge - 6/10 cleaned up well; decent foil for Heywood

Wilkshire - 7/10, great free kick, average penalty, worked hard, good distribution, poor tackler

Skuse - 6/10, lost last season poise, poor tackler for someone touted as a central defender

Brown - 8/10, never an orthodox left wing, but a good footballer; good running with the ball, and I felt there were times he should have dribbled instead of passing; good crosses, great worker

Stewart - 7/10, class, but should have done better when clean through; took his offside goal well, great link play, good playing in the hole

Cotterill - 8/10, a great game, perhaps should have shot more, and his crosses aren't the best, but put lots of pressur on the defence

MadJo - 6/10, good for a first game; looked out classed at times early on, but his heart is good, kept working and pressing without giving away possesion too easily, and closed down without giving away silly free kicks, and unlucky not to score himself. Needs more games, but probably not a number one striker for us.

Brooker - 8/10, good goal, good link-up, keeps possession, works hard, needed

Keogh - 6/10, looked a bit lost, was he a 3rd central defender or a defensive midfielder - difficult coming on so late

Murray - not on for long enouhgh to judge

Team overall - 8/10; wonderful football, hard work, proud watching them, but still some shaky moments, put away some half chances, missed better chances

Guest Smithers1234

Went to the Game myself, I live in Canterbury. Thought Madjo was amazing, definetely better than 6/10, like 8/10. Was impressed by team a lot, even Orr which makes a nice change.

Archived