IGNORED

Bradley Orr

Robbored

Orr was very good today.In fact, I would go as far as to say its the best I've seen him play in a City shirt.He at last seemed to know what he was doing unlike when he plays in midfield.Right back looks to be his best position.

He linked well with Cotterill and I reckon he could Carey out of the side - and guess what? no aimless hoofs up the pitch except when he was clearing the ball.What a revelation...... :chant6ez:

i agree with you robbered! I have always rated Bradley but now this is his place and i think he will have a successful season playing at right back and i think hes better than Jamie Smith and Louis Carey! (well so far!) and all i can say is well done city! the only way is up now! C.T.I.D!

Sarah xx

Orr is someone that various people on here seem to have decided it's ok to continuously slag off in the past.

Well to me the first thing you want from a professional footballer is 100% commitment and I've never seen him give anything less, next you need fitness and if anyone at AG is as fit as him I'll be surprised. I'll accept that on occasions his radar has been a bit faulty with his passing, but he's still young and inexperienced.

I saw him at RB for the reserves at Rovers last season and he was miles better than anyone else on the pitch and when you add his height and strength to the equation, at this level he's easily good enough to play there.

Best of luck to you, lad. I'm sure you won't let us down if you're given a run there.

Guest routabout

As I've said before on more than one occasion, Bradley Orr is a great raw talent, with a fantastic work ethic and more enthusiasm to perform well, than some of our so called 'die hard' past players. I think he's also proving his adaptability and given the right coaching and encouragement, I see him becoming a cracking utility player for us.

He might make his mark at right back, which won't be a bad thing if that keeps Hoofer Carey out of the side, but I think more importantly, he's going to be able to fill in the central midfield roles and possibly anywhere across the back. Again, I've mentioned before that a skeleton squad, as our finances dictate we operate, only works with a fair smattering of decent to good utility players. I think we've just found the first of those, don't you?

Gary J has realised in two minutes what Tinnion didn't realise in a long, long time:-

Bradley Orr is not a midfielder!

Has the ability to be a top class defender in my opinion - just wait till we get the top quality coaches in!

To be fair Millen picked the team I believe, but at least Smith is seen to be a liability I presume, and won't be seen in a City shirt again

I have slagged Orr off as a midfielder for his ability - never doubted his commitment. I'd be delighted if he looks comfortable at right back, I just didn't think his control or passing was anywhere near what is needed in midfield.

To be honest he ain't going to find it hard to keep Carey out of the team.

Nibor

As I've said before on more than one occasion, Bradley Orr is a great raw talent, with a fantastic work ethic and more enthusiasm to perform well, than some of our so called 'die hard' past players. I think he's also proving his adaptability and given the right coaching and encouragement, I see him becoming a cracking utility player for us.

He might make his mark at right back, which won't be a bad thing if that keeps Hoofer Carey out of the side, but I think more importantly, he's going to be able to fill in the central midfield roles and possibly anywhere across the back. Again, I've mentioned before that a skeleton squad, as our finances dictate we operate, only works with a fair smattering of decent to good utility players. I think we've just found the first of those, don't you?

I said in a post some two or three weeks ago that Brad would prove to be a very good player, he has the ability to play in most positions, its good to see that others see this in him also. Over time he will silence his many critics with his ability, loyalty and work ethics and will continue to put in some good solid performances when called upon.

if you remember Orr played right back in the second half at Chesterfield away last season and played very well. I was a little surprised he wasn't tried their again but perhaps that is Tinnions tactics for you. I'm pleased he is doing well but totally agree that he is not a midfielder

always thought bradley orr was/is a very good player.

he has found his right place in the team as right back,

not midfield.he just needs confidence and the crowd

to get behind him.he has alot of stick down at the gate.

I think among us subbers at least, weve always been supportive of Orr seems a good lad gives his all .ok theres more technically gifted players but to captain newcastle reserves shows he must of shown potential in the past i hope he gets a decent run at RB :chant6ez:

if you remember Orr played right back in the second half at Chesterfield away last season and played very well. I was a little surprised he wasn't tried their again but perhaps that is Tinnions tactics for you. I'm pleased he is doing well but totally agree that he is not a midfielder

He sure did play there after Smith was sent off and put in a superb performance, many said at the time that he was a natural RB and could go some in that position. I'm sure he played there in one other game last season but can't remember which game.

I have slagged Orr off as a midfielder for his ability - never doubted his commitment. I'd be delighted if he looks comfortable at right back, I just didn't think his control or passing was anywhere near what is needed in midfield.

To be honest he ain't going to find it hard to keep Carey out of the team.

Nibor

These are my sentiments exactly. After the game away at Swindon last season where I thought he was one of our best (if not best) players as the right side of a back three I have been convinced he would make an excellent defender. He also had some good performances in defence at other times in the season and I really hope he is a success at right back.

I am really not a Carey fan (certainly not at right back) and the same with Smith.

He sure did play there after Smith was sent off and put in a superb performance, many said at the time that he was a natural RB and could go some in that position. I'm sure he played there in one other game last season but can't remember which game.

It was obvious from that game that he had found his true position. He's precisely the sort of player Johnson will like. Committed, fit and willing to learn - the same reasons Tinnion signed him. I can see him featuring heavily from here on.

It was obvious from that game that he had found his true position. He's precisely the sort of player Johnson will like. Committed, fit and willing to learn - the same reasons Tinnion signed him. I can see him featuring heavily from here on.

Spot on Frank. I like Orrs committment yes hes still young and very raw but with Johnson coaching him I think he will come good. Lets hope hes at right back tomorrow evening.

Archived