IGNORED

Now For The Play-offs

swampy

Guest Robertxxx28

You got to think of the bigger picture i.e 3 teams get promoted each season, not the lottery of the play offs

They have always had the talent and ability just needed to apply it in the games more. :pray:

Last time I checked only three teams get promoted from our league this season Ron so it's a 1 in 3 chance of getting promoted each season.

Yes it is Gerry Gows' Tash

:blink:

Er...I'd have a word with your maths teacher. Really, I would.

I'm assuming from your post that you're still at school...though perhaps you've been bunking off your maths lessons?

What are you talking about RedTop?

What he means is that overall, all other things being equal, then at the start of the season every team has a 3 in 24 chance (i.e 1 in 8) chance of going up. But by the time the playoffs happen 2 of the places are taken and the 4 playoff teams have a 1 in 4 chance of grabbing the last promotion place.

and 21 teams infront of us isnt it?

They cant all lose!

This division is tight and despite being 10 points off the top were still 21 teams behind meaning all the 21 teams above us would have to lose every game for 3 wins and a draw from us fo us to equal those points....

it's not as simple as 6 or 10 points

Fair point. There are more teams ahead of us than we would like!

But we're talking about over the season here. So it's not a question of every team above us losing "every game". It about whether we can catcch up over the remainder of the season.

If we finish 6 points behind the leaders at the end of the season, I'll be very happy.

To be automatic we are going to need something like 2 points a game accross the season. That needs us needing 82 points or so off 36 games. That something like 25 wins, 7 draws and 4 defeats from the rest of the season.

Hope is a wonderful thing and anythings possible. But lets be fair to GJ - he's had one good game, as have the players! We really would need an unbeaten run of 20 games or ten wins on the bounce before we are in the middle of it. GJ to learn things about players will make some calls he wish he hadn't along the way.

Lets give GJ some time, and take it 'one game at a time'. We are in the relegation zone - step one - lets get out of that!

I think some people are getting carried away...

Are you the sort that dosent jump up and clap when we score...........incase the other team score two :dunno: nothing wrong with hope and confidence its whats been missing on and off the field :dance::city::dance::city:

UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO

Are you the sort that dosent jump up and clap when we score...........incase the other team score two :dunno: nothing wrong with hope and confidence its whats been missing on and off the field :dance::city::dance::city:

Alex is right I think. One good performance, 3 points, new manager and the signs are good. Talk of promotion however is waaaaay premature and the reason it's bad is because people start to expect it and then at the first setback we get silly calls for the manager's head and noone behind the team. We need gradual but constant improvement, and we need to realise it isn't going to all go our way.

Hope and confidence is fine, expectations aren't. Too many city fans don't see the difference.

Nibor

We need 12 wins on the spin, as 11 wins on the spin wasn't enough to beat QPR to automatic in 2003/04

Yes, but QPR were a better team than most in the league now. I think this really is an ordinary division and I can't see anyone putting together that sort of run.

All we need to do is do better than the best of the rest. 12 wins on the run may be easily good enough, it might not. it depends how others do. But can anyone on here envisage Swansea, Huddersfield and the rest currently at the top maintaining that form consistently throughout the season?

All you can do is take every game as it comes.

No I just sit there looking really angry when we score. Nothing wrong with hope but some of us has seen false dawns etc and we are not getting carried away. I'm looking forward to Tuesday and hope we win again, nothing more at this stage.

Archived