IGNORED

Over Expectant, Impatient, Over Critical And Unreasonable?!?!?

milo1111

i rarely post let alone begin a thread but am i the only one who is annoyed with the way city fans have been portrayed lately?? i am sick and tired of being portrayed as part of a fan base who do not give managers time and are constantly on the managers back. for example, yeovil fans on twentypences phone in last night were saying that we treated tinnion badly and that they hope we give johnson time and don't hound him. the rovers fans i know also seem to think this is the case as do a few of our own on this forum. this is part of a general misconception with which i disagree on the basis of the following facts:

danny wilson had four years at the club. the first two we didnt even make the playoffs despite him being given decent resources. i cant remember any shouts for his head in those first two years even though we had poor runs when things werent going well. people trusted him because they saw the bigger picture and that there was progress being made. brian tinnion was his own worst enemy and mastered his own downfall by raising expetations with his top two finish promises/expectations, two decent players in every position, etc, etc. no wonder people became frustrated when we played like relegation fodder. last season no calls were made for tinnions head despite some henious performances e.g walsall, chesterfield, etc, etc, people tended to feel that he deserved the benefit of the doubt because he was a legend and it was his first year.

to all those jealous fans of our local rivals - gary johnson will get time. we know he is class. tinnion made such a mess anyway that we all appreciate that he has to do a rebuilding job which will take a year or two. :grr:

ps - thanks for today city. youv'e cheered me up no end :city:

the special one may be happy with the players he has inherited and with a little tweaking here and there it shouldn't take too long :dunno:

a little loan here and a dabble in january we may still have time to go up :city:

Criticism of not giving managers enough time is slightly harsh; BT would still be here if we had got off to so much as a half decent start this season, and other managers have been given plenty of time in recent years.

However, our fans have a tendency like no other to vent frustration at the players far too early, in the context of a season (booing after the first game for god's sake- and we weren't even that bad???), and in the context of a match (silence after the first 5 minutes except for the odd hounding of a player when he makes a mistake).

I'm afraid you are part of a fan base who do not give managers time and are constantly on the managers back. One former City player once complained that the fans at Ashton Gate weren't a crowd they were "a bloody jury".

Probably because we are aware we have more resources than most clubs at this level, the fans tend to get more frustrated and are less understanding when things do not go our way. I've always thought it was counter-productive but that there was nothing that could be done about it. Perhaps GJ can change it, who knows.

In the meantime, I'm afraid its a reputation well deserved. If you don't like it, all you can do is play your part in changing it.

Yes i do think Bristol City fans are very criticle. Their problem is they want success (promotion) YESTERDAY.

No we should not be in this leage. We should be in leages above us.

I despise fans who are criticle of managers like Brian Tinnion who only wanted one thing and that was to get this club up and out of this leage. Yes i do put 75% of the blame on the players who very much under performed for BT.

I think it is only a matter of time before those who cant help and got nothing better to do but moan about Bristol City managers will be off yet again pretty soon.

Let me ask them one thing. IF they know so much about football why are they on here and not in football leage managment themself?

If only their real jobs had a forum so we can go on and critises THEM big time. Come on give us a chance to tel you what we realy think about your incompetant work rate. Is it any wonder why most products are 'Made in China' becuss of the the average work the British work force can produce and these BCFC fans have the damn right to tel the like's of BT etc. Where they are going wrong :@ I realy don't think so. :@

Archived