IGNORED

Possession Stats On World, Bbc Etc

Ian M

• Admin

Now having witnessed the game at Brentford in person, I was a little skeptical of the "official stats" that showed Brentford enjoyed 65% of the possession. However, I now believe them to be totally ##** as I've just found out that at half time, Brentford had only enjoyed 57% possession....

This means that during the second half (which for one 20 minute period in particular, Brentford struggled to get the ball off us and when they did, handed it straight back!) they had a whopping 73% of the ball leaving us with just 27% possession in the second half.

This is quite clearly wrong unless their definition of Brentford possession is along the lines of "the time with which Bristol City players had control of the ball" :laugh:

PS I realise worrying about this makes me quite sad, but I did kinda wonder and it creates the wrong impression of the game for those who are relying on reports to tell them about the game.

Perhaps they assume that all the periods when the ball is in the air count as Brentford possession?

i said that earlier,mindless hoofs must count until it eventually comes back down to hit one of our players

:dunno:

Archived