IGNORED

Credit To Tinnion

fingers

OK, we're all justifiably over-excited by today's performance.

But, I want to give some credit to Tinman: today's performance after all was with the players that he's put together.

Tinnion's eye for a player seems very astute: from today's starting line-up, he signed Orr, Heywood, Partridge, Brown, Stewart and Madjo, and Tinnion gave Cotteril and Skuse their breaks in professional football. I genuinely believe he's put together one of the very best squads in this division.

I'm genuinely upset that Tinman couldn't take it to the next level and mould them into a side to top the table.

However, the defeat at Swansea meant that his position was untenable. The capture of Johnson this week has reinvigorated the whole club, from supporters to the team itself. And rightly so: I've been hugely impressed by GJ so far. Getting the team up for it in the warm-up, geeing up the supporters, his arm round Cotteril at half time (Cot had an excellent second half), and his handling of the press have been real highlights.

And the beauty of it all is, because of Tinnion's hard work this summer, we can look forward to enjoying the rest of this season: the squad is in place, and I firmly believe that Johnson is the best possible manager to get the results out of them that unfortunately Tinman could not.

I would be delighted if a position for Tinman could be found in scouting new players for the club: of course any decisions on new players would be GJ's, but I think Tinman could still be a major asset to us in this type of role: I think he's proven himself strongly there already.

However, I have no idea of the likelihood of GJ wanting him to remain at the club, or whether Brian himself would want such a role having been a manager, but I personally would be delighted if Tinnion could carry on his association with the club in this type of role.

:city:

""I would be delighted if a position for Tinman could be found in scouting new players for the club: of course any decisions on new players would be GJ's, but I think Tinman could still be a major asset to us in this type of role: I think he's proven himself strongly there already.

However, I have no idea of the likelihood of GJ wanting him to remain at the club, or whether Brian himself would want such a role having been a manager, but I personally would be delighted if Tinnion could carry on his association with the club in this type of role"".

Well said - although Tinnion is no longer manager his legacy remains with the squad he assembled.Only time will tell whether Johnson will want to bring his own players come the transfer window.

Over the summer I felt Tinnion was building a strong squad.Unforunately and for whatever reason Tinnion couldn't get them to perform consistantly and its taken a new man to show us what these players are really capable of.

I was truly amazed to see the huge difference in the performance yesterday compared with the stuff we've seen so far.All the players seemed to giving another 15% and their confidence came oozing back and the win was well deserved.

Ok - All the players will want to impress the new boss,that almost goes without saying and it could be said that yesterday reflected that - but the nature of the performance and the confidence running through' the team has now to be carried into Tuesday's game.Johnson will have to ensure that thier committment and energy levels remain. No slacking!

I agree, didnt he also bring in Brooker, who in my oppinion is one of the best signings city have made for some time. However i am glad tinnion has gone though i was desperate for it to work for him, i just feel far more confident with GJ at the helm, he appears to have ALOT of very good attributes. Its early days but it seems he may be able to make real progress with the current squad, and like you say tinman must take some credit for that, to say "he ripped the heart out of the club" which i have heard a few times is simply rubbish, he just didnt appear able to get the club and players to play with any heart...a shame. Time to move on for the club and tinman, lets hope both succeed. GO GJ THE DWARF MAN.

But, I want to give some credit to Tinman: today's performance after all was with the players that he's put together.

Tinnion's eye for a player seems very astute: from today's starting line-up, he signed Orr, Heywood, Partridge, Brown, Stewart and Madjo, and Tinnion gave Cotteril and Skuse their breaks in professional football. I genuinely believe he's put together one of the very best squads in this division.

I'm genuinely upset that Tinman couldn't take it to the next level and mould them into a side to top the table.

However, the defeat at Swansea meant that his position was untenable. The capture of Johnson this week has reinvigorated the whole club, from supporters to the team itself. And rightly so: I've been hugely impressed by GJ so far. Getting the team up for it in the warm-up, geeing up the supporters, his arm round Cotteril at half time (Cot had an excellent second half), and his handling of the press have been real highlights.

And the beauty of it all is, because of Tinnion's hard work this summer, we can look forward to enjoying the rest of this season: the squad is in place, and I firmly believe that Johnson is the best possible manager to get the results out of them that unfortunately Tinman could not.

I would be delighted if a position for Tinman could be found in scouting new players for the club: of course any decisions on new players would be GJ's, but I think Tinman could still be a major asset to us in this type of role: I think he's proven himself strongly there already.

However, I have no idea of the likelihood of GJ wanting him to remain at the club, or whether Brian himself would want such a role having been a manager, but I personally would be delighted if Tinnion could carry on his association with the club in this type of role.

I couldnt of put it better myself. Always said that Tins had put one hell of a squad together, it just seemed he couldnt take it from there.

Not sure if Magic will make changes though or if he will use what i think is the best squad in the division.

Excellent post

I feel gutted that Tinman was not able to turn what appears an excellent squad into promotion, but it seems he lost the support of the players. Only he and them will know why.

After the Swansea disgrace he made the only decision and left, now we have an excellent proven manager who will take this club forward.

Its been very frustrating reading this forum at times with people rightly upset shooting from the hip about how tinman has destroyed this club.

What I can say is I still respect and admire a genuine class player who performed well for us over 10 years and in this day and age of agents, their are not many players who are as loyal and love the club as much as he did.

For those reasons I hope in time he could get the hero reception he deserves from the fans should he return. If he could be found a role within the club that works for him and Magic, then we would retain an undoubteble asset.

Lets say we stop greiving over BT.

He should have never been put at the helm.

And have always said he should have been Academy coach. Possibly a scout for the club.

He tenure as manager is over.

Move on.

I am entering 'happy clappy land' & I get shivers when I look back at the past 17 months.

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

i wish people would just stop going on about tinnion hes gone!

wenever someone says one word about danny wilson u have an army of fans slating u saying dw is gone forget him he cudnt do the job thats it

WELL ITS THE SAME ABOUT TINNION HES GONE END OF

i support BRISTOL CITY F.C.

not brian tinnion(who now has nothing to do with us)

feel free to slate the stuffing out of me

or what the heck lets have an old fashioned stoning!!

I'm in complete agreement.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that Johnson could get this squad into the play offs and possibly promoted. In other words, it is quite possible that Tinnion has assembled a squad that can achieve promotion. While I've nothing against Wilson, he failed to do that in 4 years. If Tinnion has left us with a squad that Johnson is capable of getting up near the top of the division then I don't see how anyone can discount Tinnion's input in making it possible.

If we do get promoted this season, I'll be interested to see how many people credit Tinnion with assembling the squad that achieves it. Tinnion failed to get results on the pitch and paid the price, but I think he has succeeded in getting a squad together that Johnson can turn into a top 6 team. And listening to Johnson's interview he seems to agree.

There are obviously some fans whose hatred of Tinnion is such they want him out of the club regardless. But I am quite happy to leave that decision to Johnson rather than pretend I know better than him what is best for Bristol City.

Good post.

Even though I thought he shouldn't have been appointed and made a number of questionable decisions I'm desperately sad for Tins.

The players have a lot to answer for. The Swans result meant it was inevitable Tins had to go but his legacy is some pretty solid foundations on what GJ can build.

WELL ITS THE SAME ABOUT TINNION HES GONE END OF

i support BRISTOL CITY F.C.

not brian tinnion(who now has nothing to do with us)

I think he still does having something to do with us.

He is still on the payroll pending the clubs restructuring.

"He's gone" but not necessarily "end of".

Move on.

I am entering 'happy clappy land' & I get shivers when I look back at the past 17 months.

And this from someone who spent years moaning about the departure of Scott Davidson, blaming the board and claiming 'it wouldn't have happened in Scott's day'!! etc etc :dunno:

Anyway, I'm glad you're entering happy clappy land, RichieB. Welcome. Let's hope its a long and fruitful stay for all of us.

As for GJ, well Cotterill's improvement after the 'great man' put his arm around him suggests he can do the laying on of hands, too!

Perhaps Colin Sexstone could point him in the direction of the pi55poor caterers and he could arrange to feed the 5,000.

Let there be no more accusations of the board lacking ambition. When the search for a manager began, so many names were tossed about that I figured SteveL and KeithD would be damned whoever they chose. I feared we'd be divided and could not see a single uniting figure among the candidates. Listening to the 20p show merely backed up my fears. Just shows how wrong I was. With one stroke the board have managed to unite the entire club. Suddenly we're all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Long may it remain that way. And may GJ take us to the Promised Land (I fear I may be mixing up my biblical figures here so I will call it a day!)

P.S. If GJ goes up with Tinman's squad, it won't be the first time this has happened. John Ward basically went up with a squad compiled for him by Joe Jordan. I feel we have to give credit to Tinman for astute signings. It's just a genuine shame he didn't know what to do with them.

And this from someone who spent years moaning about the departure of Scott Davidson, blaming the board and claiming 'it wouldn't have happened in Scott's day'!! etc etc :dunno:

I would welcome SD back tomorrow.

And whose to say, SD didn't pass on some welcome advice on the potential manager?

After SL had b a l ls up with the BT appt, I was hoping that the rabbit would come out of the hat. :pray:

Early days, but the club has needed this type of appt.

Anyway, I'm glad you're entering happy clappy land, RichieB. Welcome. Let's hope its a long and fruitful stay for all of us.

As for GJ, well Cotterill's improvement after the 'great man' put his arm around him suggests he can do the laying on of hands, too!

Perhaps Colin Sexstone could point him in the direction of the pi55poor caterers and he could arrange to feed the 5,000.

Let there be no more accusations of the board lacking ambition. When the search for a manager began, so many names were tossed about that I figured SteveL and KeithD would be damned whoever they chose. I feared we'd be divided and could not see a single uniting figure among the candidates. Listening to the 20p show merely backed up my fears. Just shows how wrong I was. With one stroke the board have managed to unite the entire club. Suddenly we're all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Long may it remain that way. And may GJ take us to the Promised Land (I fear I may be mixing up my biblical figures here so I will call it a day!)

P.S. If GJ goes up with Tinman's squad, it won't be the first time this has happened. John Ward basically went up with a squad compiled for him by Joe Jordan. I feel we have to give credit to Tinman for astute signings. It's just a genuine shame he didn't know what to do with them.

Amen, now if we'd all like to turn to page 20 in our book and sing 'Oh Joy To Bristol City'

Erm I think the bloke you were looking for to do the catering was J.Esus Of Nazareth...... but would the water into wine trick be allowed

:farmer:

I'm with you fingers. I truely believe that Tinnion had the best interests of the club at heart, he would never have intended to do a bad job. He knew what he wanted to do and what had to be done, just didn't have the experience or emotional detachment to be able to do it all. Not all his decisions were right, but they all weren't wrong either. I hope one day that he can walk into ashton Gate with his head held high and be treated with respect by everyone.

We have a different manager now, the Tinnion era has ended. Move on.

Archived