IGNORED

Woodman !

Br1stolCityBoy

I could not get to Brentford yesterday, but I have to say, I've just watched the goals on ITV and both Brentford goals were Craig Woodmans fault. The first one was because he got caught on the ball instead of a route one clearance, the second because he was ball watching instead of closing down the right winger from there free kick. I don't think he is good enough and GJ will have to sort out this position. Mistakes like that will keep costing us points during the season, and could have undone all the good work from the rest of the players. Opinions please.

I was at the game and I've just seen the goals on TV.

Phillips was the problem.He should have been racing out and diving on the ball or at least yelling at Woodam to hoof it clear.He did neither.

He was also flapping for the cross than Sodje scored from.That should have been his ball but as we've seen before he was indecisive and arrived too late.

Phillips was the problem.He should have been racing out and diving on the ball or at least yelling at Woodam to hoof it clear.He did neither.

He was also flapping for the cross than Sodje scored from.That should have been his ball but as we've seen before he was indecisive and arrived too late.

Nice to see we are criticising Flapper again........it means the rest of the team must be doing something right!

In fairness to Phillips he's been our best player so far this season!

don't critise Woodman too much. Overall he had a good game in a fine team performance. Lets all have a truce and stop critising.

Thats what the forum is for. To express our views on who we think should and shouldnt be in the team. For my part I would rather play Goulbourne at LB or even Grant Smith as well said in an earlier post. Mite be a good idea. I have to say though, from Woodmans early days with Danny at the helm up until now he has never impressed me once.

I'm not even sure about the second but will give it you but the first?

Woodman has played in front of Phillips for 30+ games now. He will know that Phillips isn't going to come for a straight ball hardly breaking the line of the defenders.

How when Woodman fails to make a clearance is it Phillips' fault for not telling him to do it? And how do you know that Phillips hasn't yelled at him to clear it. If Phillips has called for it and not come that is different but there is no evidence of that. You are not far from the truth when criticising Phillips for staying on his line but you do your argument no favours when blaming him for things that are not his fault.

BTW this is not criticism of Woodman's overall contribution to the game. To win at Brenford you need to win header after header, tackle after tackle, something all of our players did for 90 mins including Woodman who put in a solid performance. That gave us the platform to play some great stuff and create plenty of chances.

:city: True he was at fault for their first goal but I lost count of the number of times that I said 'Well played Woody'(as I do) during the game,so he did more thing well than badly and he can hold his head up and take some credit for our victory.

He had a good game but along with Phillips, he looks like the weak link. And also we still don't have a proper left winger.

woodman ste up the first had a beast to let them get their first. that second goal for them can someone please explain how heywood got out jumped? if you watch again sodje got a free piggy back.

all played well and the second half dominated a very good team in there own back yard. look to the future now not the past which is where the mistakes will get cut out!

Thats what the forum is for. To express our views on who we think should and shouldnt be in the team. For my part I would rather play Goulbourne at LB or even Grant Smith as well said in an earlier post. Mite be a good idea. I have to say though, from Woodmans early days with Danny at the helm up until now he has never impressed me once.

Sorry, whilst Golbourne's a decent footballer and promising, he's no left back in a 4-4-2 as MK Dons proved.Grant Smith, like our other midfielders is a CENTRAL midfielder, that's why I say play 3-5-2 and then we can play THREE central midfielders from the SEVEN we have on the books.

Sorry, whilst Golbourne's a decent footballer and promising, he's no left back in a 4-4-2 as MK Dons proved.Grant Smith, like our other midfielders is a CENTRAL midfielder, that's why I say play 3-5-2 and then we can play THREE central midfielders from the SEVEN we have on the books.

I'm sorry too. Changing the formation after 90 mins of our best football of the season would be stupid. It was Woodmans fault for their first goal and he looks weak in every game I see him in.

:)

I could not get to Brentford yesterday, but I have to say, I've just watched the goals on ITV and both Brentford goals were Craig Woodmans fault. The first one was because he got caught on the ball instead of a route one clearance, the second because he was ball watching instead of closing down the right winger from there free kick. I don't think he is good enough and GJ will have to sort out this position. Mistakes like that will keep costing us points during the season, and could have undone all the good work from the rest of the players. Opinions please.

now that GJ here let him sort out the rough with the smooth, he will see what needs sorting if he is good enough! :englandsmile4wf:

let gary johnson sort it out.

that is what he is paid for.

Ah, you've pre-empted what I was going to say there - I know its a bit left-field for this forum (despite the position under discussion!) but just supposing GJ was able to work on the last few per cent of Woody's game and make him a better player ...

`I think Golbourne is promising yes, but not YET good anough to establish a first team place. Maybe in a couple of seasons . . . . . . . . . . :

Golbourne is a fine young player with a big future. He lacks a bit of body strength as yet, not unusual in a 17 year old but he's a good character and will come on for the experience he's had.

Too much was made of his mistakes for the MKD goals as though he alone was to blame - for the first he was trying to sweep up the trouble Lou Carey had already got himself into and after he'd lost the ball for the second, Phillips, Heywood and Smith(J) all ball-watched the cross to allow Platt to pounce on it.

Guest RED EYE ADY

i think some of the stick woodman as received on this site is unjust, two years ago he was touted as one for the future, i still feel this can be the case, i agree brentfords first goal was his fault but wilson played him out of position at left midfield then tinnion bunged him on loan to torquay, another personality clash one imagines. no wonder he is low on confidence. given a decent run in tne side I'm sure he will become a solid team player, especially with the guidiance from johnson.

Archived