IGNORED

Fickle Fickle Fickle

rednotblue

So after 1 game we are now going up are we???

Only last week 'fans' were posting that they'd put money on us to be relegated and were generally talking all doom and gloom.

Suddenly,

We get a new manager and go and win at Brentofrd, now everyones talking about promotion.

What really gets my billy goat is that ITS ONE GAME. What happens if we lose the next 5 games?? Will it be back to relegation doom and gloom??

To me some fans are very fickle with their posts. We win and we are world beaters, we lose and we are relegation certainties.

Put things in perspective, just because we were second bottom never meant we couldn't and wouldn't get promotion. It meant we had a terrible start. True Tinnion lost his way, but things would have picked up. After losing to Forest we were 10 points from the top 6. Put a few wins together and we are back in it.

It's not like we've suddenly caught up a 40 point gap.

At times you'd think supporting Bristol City was a matter of life and death....

Although I wasn't at Griffin Park, I think the manner of the victory has led to this rush of new found optimism.

I'm relishing the prospect of seeing some proper attacking 'action' tomorow night, I've not felt like this for a while I can tell you.

Please don't try to ruin it, not that you could :dance:

Guest Jugband Blues

OK so there was some doom and gloom but there is always Hope and Optimism.

Here's a bit of Hope and Optimism for you..... We are only 10 points off the top with only 10 games gone.

and current form is excellent averaged over the past 1 game.

U reds.

if you think were just wait till the rumours start with atkins spotted at swindles county dump :w00t:

or tinman :dance:

Atkins has Oxford links... No one in their own mind will start that up... Tinnion would be another odd choice.

I wouldn't be suprised if it's an internal appointment.

Probably Iffy Onuora, Alan Reeves and Ian Woan.

I think a lot of fans were not happy with the last few games and rightly so the players were not performing and I could see why people were not turning up to games and also being very negative. With any club a new manager will bring new hope but I agree we win one game and we are going to win the league. We may well do but I think going on one result is not the answer lets just wait and see how things go.

Guest walshy shuffle

How dare you suggest we are fickle!!

by the way

If we lose tommorow, anyone up for starting a Gary Johnson out campaign?? :rofl2br:

someone started a johnson out campaign on here last friday!!! :D

Although I wasn't at Griffin Park, I think the manner of the victory has led to this rush of new found optimism.

I'm relishing the prospect of seeing some proper attacking 'action' tomorow night, I've not felt like this for a while I can tell you.

Please don't try to ruin it, not that you could :dance:

I think that this is spot on. It was as much the manner in which we had been losing/drawing as much as the results themselves. This season the team has not looked like they are capable of playing attractive football and winning games. We have been playing aimless long ball dross and there appeared to be no end in site. Now we have a manager who will get us playing good football, and hopefully the right results to go with it.

The whole situation has to be put into context.

Under Tinnion even the most faithfull fans were struggling to see where the club was going.He'd brought in some very good players,got rid of the malcontents,had a good pre-season and on paper it looked good going into the new campaign.

Sadly it didn't happen.Poor performances,sloppy goals conceded,too many unecessary team changes and the players losing confidence in the management and themselves all added up to the fiasco at Swansea.

In just one game Johnson got the players "up" and they showed what Tinnion knew all along - that they were very good footballers able to produce good quality play.Its just taken a different approach to get it out of them.

Johnson has impressed in other ways.He comes with a track record,is respected in the game,has an easy manner with fans and the media and looks comfortable in the job.He's not a rookie which is one burden Tinnion had to bear through' no fault of his own.

All in all its no suprise the fans are exicted.I wouldn't call it fickle, I'd call it relieved.

Only last week 'fans' were posting that they'd put money on us to be relegated and were generally talking all doom and gloom.

Suddenly,

We get a new manager and go and win at Brentofrd, now everyones talking about promotion.

What really gets my billy goat is that ITS ONE GAME. What happens if we lose the next 5 games?? Will it be back to relegation doom and gloom??

To me some fans are very fickle with their posts. We win and we are world beaters, we lose and we are relegation certainties.

Put things in perspective, just because we were second bottom never meant we couldn't and wouldn't get promotion. It meant we had a terrible start. True Tinnion lost his way, but things would have picked up. After losing to Forest we were 10 points from the top 6. Put a few wins together and we are back in it.

Definately agree, but we played better than at any other time under Tinnion on Saturday, it was like the glory days under Wilson!!

Fickle Fickle Fickle ?????????? nope.

let's put it this way.

racing car + flat tyre = not moving no one is happy

change flat tyre racing car starts to move well = people happy

at city we could all see the tactics did not suite the players

we now after one game can see someone putting it right

and well done.

Suddenly,

Why do you generalise and say fan's' were putting money on us going down and now fan's' are saying we're going to go up after an away win at brentford?

I saw one post on here saying some plonker had put a bet on for us getting relegated and I've only see a few silly remarks about how we're now going to 'walk this division'.

Almost everyone else on here at least seems pretty measured in their opinion and is just upbeat because of GJ and the new feeling about the club (which after the last few weeks of bickering has turned around pretty dramatically no?).

All I ever here is that City fans are arrogant & impatatient blah blah but most of us have been supporting a pretty crap team for as long as we can remember so how can we be impatient? And if we're arrogant to the likes of S****horpe or Walsall then with all due respect we should be a bit shouldn't we? We're a big city with a rich history, a great stadium and are an acknowledged 'sleeping giant'.

Fickle? Of course we are. It is the privilege of football fans to sway whichever way the wind is blowing, and do so to the extreme. That is what being a fan, as opposed to an official or anyone involved in the game in any direct manner, is all about. If we have a couple of bad games, there are people demanding the manager's head on a plate. If we have a couple of good'uns, the manager is appointed to sit at God's right hand. In between, there's tit for tat between the glass half-full and the glass half-empty brigade.

Of course, none of is could ever manage or do a decent job of being chairman with that sort of attitude, but that's the beauty of it. We know we will never be in a position where our extreme approach is ever tested, so we can carry on pretending we're always right and know better than anyone who actually makes a living in the game and might therefore be assumed to have a degree of expertise - because we'll never be in a position where we'd have to do it for real. We're all back seat drivers and proud of it!

For the record, I started a 'Gary Johnson out' campaign before he was even appointed because one day I know there'll be calls for his head and I'll be able to point to that post and insist I was always ahead of the game. It will be my proud boast that I always knew he was a wrong 'un and that all the calls for him to quit are merely following my lead. For the moment, though, he's the Second Coming (Jacki was the first) and I am his biggest supporter ever and always said he was the man for the job. Now, give me a minute and I could probably find a post to back that up somewhere...

Ah it's what makes partaking in OTIB most enjoyable.

us fickle :o

Just heard on sky sports news that Man Ure fans were booing Alex Furgusson after Blackburn set them back another 2 points in title race(not that they got a prayer anyway :laugh: )

and were fickle :blink:

People are quick to critice when not playing well and that we could well go down if we played like we were, but now we are being called fickle for saying how well we played over the weekend. i think what most people are saying is, if we play anywhere near how we played on saturday we could well get in the playoffs or even automatic. Saturday was a performance that we havent seen in a long long time so we after the start to the season, i think people have a right to be excited and confident for the near future, especially as we have a cracking manager, and the players are starting to believe again.

I'm not sure its us being fickle :blink:

Anyway keep it going City :chant6ez:

:city::city::city::city::city:

Fickle Fickle Fickle ?????????? nope.

let's put it this way.

racing car + flat tyre = not moving no one is happy

change flat tyre racing car starts to move well = people happy

at city we could all see the tactics did not suite the players

we now after one game can see someone putting it right

and well done.

Cars......... Almost always provide a good analogy for getting a point over

:D

Suddenly,

Not for me..

Ive been saying since day one that we were still going up or at least going to do well

Archived