IGNORED

Bristol Rity/bristol Covers

Tinmansleftboot

IF the 2 clubs were to merge, then in the spirit of fairness the new name should be equally representative of each teams existing name, so take half of each teams current name. On that basis, I would suggest taking the "Bristol" from Bristol Rovers and the "City" from Bristol City and put them together to create the new name. Perfect!

We took 35000 to a poxy Ldv Final And the same to wembley Then 40000 to the play-off final and we could of sold more tickets if we had them.

If and a big If this club got to the premiership the we would easily attract 40000 to each he game. Just like Sunderland which is a smaller city than ours.

Did you know there were quite a few 'glory hunter' rovers fans at those games (and freight rover v bolton etc)? plus loads of first-timers on a day out.

At the LDV I got chatting to some Carlisle 'fans' - they'd never been to a Carlisle game in their lives, said they never would again, but were down on a day out with the family. That's how good a predictor the ldv and play-offs crowds are of our average league gate attendancies.

If City did well in the Championship I reckon you're looking at 16 - 20,000.

IF the 2 clubs were to merge, then in the spirit of fairness the new name should be equally representative of each teams existing name, so take half of each teams current name. On that basis, I would suggest taking the "Bristol" from Bristol Rovers and the "City" from Bristol City and put them together to create the new name. Perfect!

Good idea!

We can also take the white (from Rovers blue & white shirts) and put it together with City's red!

:city:

Archived