IGNORED

Sankofa

g_funk

Sankofa was very good indeed. What stood out the most was how much time he seemed to have - not just in possession but whenever the ball was coming near him. He was so assured and calm - it makes a great difference from the likes of Carey and Fortune who so often panic and backpedal under pressure. Sign him on if poss! :D

The word I'd use is assured. His pace was very useful, read the game well and he looks to have quite a future.

From what he and Johnson said in their interviews Charlton think he has a future there and he would want that first, but he did mention a big squad and limited chances often so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Nibor

Only listened to the BCFC World Commentary, so can't comment on his abilities, but I don't think I've ever heard such an articulate young footballer (in interview with Richard Latham). What an unassuming young man. I like him.

Lewis

Yep, Johnson's comments about him being intelligent were certainly justified.

I remember someone telling me (can't remember who it was a few years back) that they'd taken both their lads to trials at Villa. They spent some time talking to one of the coaches and basically were told that most clubs now were looking at how intelligent players were quite strongly. The coach told him that talented youngsters were two a penny but clever talented youngsters were much more likely to make the grade and continue on improving throughout their careers, easier to manage and less likely to go off the rails.

Nibor

Sankofa was amazing and to think this guy had no time with the team , apparently they gave him a video of the brentford match to watch in his hotel room before the match ??? what's that about , apart from johnson saying he wanted this lad for yeovil sorry dolly sofa ?

Most people think of a " sofa " as something to sit on, or lie on. Perhaps Dolly likes sofa's.

Sankofa was amazing and to think this guy had no time with the team , apparently they gave him a video of the brentford match to watch in his hotel room before the match ??? what's that about , apart from johnson saying he wanted this lad for yeovil sorry dolly sofa ?

Yes, that's the impressive thing. How many players can just slot in like that when they've never played with the team before? If he's developed that sort of understanding with Partridge and the rest in no time, and able to play with the sort of confidence he showed last night, it bodes well for the immediate future at least.

What chance a permanent deal? Surely if we offered the right price....???

Sofa will be the first name on the team sheet whilst at city - trust me on that, it will be a case of Heywood and Partridge slotting in around him, if both are fit, it will probably mean Woody loses his place and partridge will move to left back.

On the defence I think Orr is there to stay at right back, well until he has a few bad games anyway.

Give all his players this will be the back four Orr Sofa Heywood Partridge

• Admin

Rubbish!

There was no weak link.

Woodman played as well as the rest.

Don't knock the guy just because you don't like him.

I didn't particularly rate Woodman but can concur that over the last two games he has defended very well* and would quite happily retain him in any side I picked.

*watching the replay of Brentford's first goal, it looks like Woody got his studs caught in the surface. You can't really legislate for that.

I think the main point to come from the way "sofa" played is the contacts Mr.Johnson must have within the game, to go to a premiership club and loan one of their up and coming stars at very short notice speaks volumes for the respect our manager must carry. Prior to his appointment we would have been down Forest Green to see what they had available.

yours midland red.

Archived