IGNORED

Bcfc By Bike

Guest Jer

With the first half of the season out of the way, I thought it might be nice to encourage everyone (again) to do their bit and sponsor Jer.

There are two ways that you can sponsor him right now :

Donate Online

To sponsor online, you can use the Just Giving website. A short registration process is all you need to complete in order to donate.

To sponsor Jer online follow this link : Just Giving Website

Donate By Post

You may send a cheque, made payable to Breast Cancer Campaign, directly to the charity at :

Jeremy Boon

c/o Breast Cancer Campaign

Clifton Centre

110 Clifton Street

London

EC2A 4HT

If you're going to wait until the end of the season to sponsor him, that's great. But Jer would like to know what you're planning to do. Use the form on this webpage to let him know how much you plan to pay and how he can contact you come to end of the season to collect your donation.

Lastly of course, you always have the option of tracking him down at a game and handing over your hard earned cash!

Thanks for reading and, hopefully, donating,

Katherine (on Jer's behalf)

PS If there's any chance of pinning this thread to the top of the forum for a while, that would be fantastic!

This has got to be the greatest effort anyone has ever made for charity in City colours and deserves all our support - could Jer possibly face the thought of riding around the pitch say 10 minutes before kick off at the next home game, when most would be in the ground and he would get maximum support, with a gang of helpers to pick up all the money - notes only, not coins, we don't want to injure the brave guy.

I was out with friends on Saturday and one intends to run a marathon for charity. We were chatting when suddenly the full horror of the Grimsby postponement became clear. While I was disappointed that Saturday afternoon was a little blank poor jer must have been devastated having slogged all the way to Grimsby to find the match off, and with the knowledge he will now have to do it all again probably for a midweek game- nightmare!!!

Surely now is the time to cheer him up with a donation and I shall be sending £50 today. Well done Jer and keep going.

Guest webbo69

hi I'm from Grimsby, soory about the cancelled match last week, especially for Jeremy. Our local paper did an article on him and apparently he is being introduced to the crowd at half time.

What i was wondering was does jeremy cycle home again, the details have been very vague in our local paper?

what a star this lad is you can be sure i will be sending a few text to his worthy charity. The game has been arranged again for the 17th, which is a Tuesday night ill be at the game and maybe jeremy would like to meet for a few beers, any let us know if he bikes home or catches the train.

Cheers ^_^

Yes it is quite long, a real epic, but for me it is much better read than the Lord of the Rings.

Jer is going to Grimsby straight from Peterborough?

He is doing fantastically well. It is great to see other teams like Hartlepool supporting him too. He should think about making an appearence at Ashton Gate as I'm sure some people still won't realise he is doing this and would want to donate.

Wish him well and I hope the weather holds!

Jer - it seems to me that your enormous efforts deserve to raise a substantial sum for your charity and I wonder whether you may be able to get some National publicity should we have the chance of equalling or breaking the 14 win record, which if we win tomorrow looks like a real possibility. Would Sky Sports News want to follow you on your epic journey to Stockport ....would have thought they would be interested in such an angle and might even make a donation for the privelege. Just a thought- and one you may of course already have buttoned down but having thought it had to mention it.

All the best

Jer

I've been reading your articles with interest

Not only are they informative but have that connection to City which makes us interested in the first place.

The charity is a fantastic choice - I have no relatives afflicted by the problems but feel your sentiments are spot on.

The articles you write are also articulte and can be enjoyed by anyone - not just football, or city, fans - although this will have been designed by you anyway.

I'm hoping to get all the boys from the yellow submarine to make a considerable donation for the efforts you have put in.

When you make it to Swindon ensure you wear your yellow marigold - you will receive the acclaimtion you deserve (if you don't want it your charity will recieve the acclaimation it deserves)

All the best Fella

Now get some sleep!

:unsure::dunno::D:sub::D:sub::sub:

Guest BrainGas

I have to say that this is a great effort, and even though I'm a Gashead, I've got to say that this guy deserves all the rounds of applause he gets and we should try to raise as much money as possible for him! I've followed his progress through the website and it's knackering just reading it, let alone cycling it!! Good luck!

Up the Gas!!

I have to say that this is a great effort, and even though I'm a Gashead, I've got to say that this guy deserves all the rounds of applause he gets and we should try to raise as much money as possible for him! I've followed his progress through the website and it's knackering just reading it, let alone cycling it!! Good luck!

Up the Gas!!

Just a thought and perhaps something you could take up through the Rovers forum.

Why not get Rovers to arrange a bucket collection on Jer's behalf at one of your remaining home games.

Apologies if it has been done already.

Archived