IGNORED

Brooker & Stewart

Guest No9.

I get the feeling these two don't get on. They play well together but after hearing this rumour and being a fellow forward decided to kep an eye on them. Didn't see them acknowledge each other once. No little claps towads each other for a good pass. No pat on the back for scoring - Take a look at the picture on the main site with brooker celebrating his goal - Marcus is just behind him and hardly looks happy for the guy putting his beloved club 1-0 up.

Perhaps I am 100% wrong and they wouldn't be the first pairing to not actually like each other (Cole & Sheringham).

Anyone know anything or notice what I noticed.

Guest redphilc

I get the feeling these two don't get on. They play well together but after hearing this rumour and being a fellow forward decided to kep an eye on them. Didn't see them acknowledge each other once. No little claps towads each other for a good pass. No pat on the back for scoring - Take a look at the picture on the main site with brooker celebrating his goal - Marcus is just behind him and hardly looks happy for the guy putting his beloved club 1-0 up.

Perhaps I am 100% wrong and they wouldn't be the first pairing to not actually like each other (Cole & Sheringham).

Anyone know anything or notice what I noticed.

That "alleged" incident on the waterfront may have something to do with it....

That "alleged" incident on the waterfront may have something to do with it....

Yeah someone mentioned that however I heard brooks didn't see eye to eye with a certain striker that was here last season so why he'd be out with him - I don't know !!

Guest alex1089

There was no incident on the waterfront, Brooker and Stewart wern't even there when the alleged rumours came out anyway. I don't care if they don't see eye to eye they are professionals and will carry on scoring goals. I think your just being paranoid mate.

I saw Brooker in town and said hello to him and to me he seems very arrogant.All the rest of the players were happy to shake my hand and have a little chat but he seems above himself and brushed me to one side.

i can see why stewart might not get on with him.Good player but bad attitude towards his own fans.

Guest redphilc

Why is asking a question a load of rubbish. I observed them last night and just wondered if anyone else had noted.

I thought it was a fair question. I will be watching them on saturday as a result and will get back to you with my thoughts. Didn't see the point of Nibors' reply but then some of the threads on here don't seem to have much point full stop.

I thought it was a fair question. I will be watching them on saturday as a result and will get back to you with my thoughts. Didn't see the point of Nibors' reply but then some of the threads on here don't seem to have much point full stop.

Cheers for that - Won't be there Saturday (Legs just about get me round a pitch for 90 Mins still) would be interested to see if anyone else does see this.

Why is asking a question a load of rubbish. I observed them last night and just wondered if anyone else had noted.

Because you're basing it on very little and most of it inaccurate.

Stewart might not have run over to congratulate Brooks, but he wasn't anywhere near him when the ball went in. Whenever a goal is scored you tend to get 2 or 3 players closest celebrating with the scorer and that's it.

They've congratulated each other during other games, check the Port Vale highlights for example.

Neither was out on the Waterfront on that night despite what redphilc suggested.

Perhaps my post was a bit harsh but I fail to understand why city fans like making up negative rumours about their own team.

Nibor

Because you're basing it on very little and most of it inaccurate.

Stewart might not have run over to congratulate Brooks, but he wasn't anywhere near him when the ball went in. Whenever a goal is scored you tend to get 2 or 3 players closest celebrating with the scorer and that's it.

They've congratulated each other during other games, check the Port Vale highlights for example.

Neither was out on the Waterfront on that night despite what redphilc suggested.

Perhaps my post was a bit harsh but I fail to understand why city fans like making up negative rumours about their own team.

Nibor

I made nothing up. I made my own observations based on what people have told me (Whether it be true or false). Also how do you know my observations are inaccurate - Didn't realise I was sharing my eyes

As I stated the not celebrating was just a part of it - Yes they were a fair way apart but I get excited and celebrate even if on my own when a team-mate scores.

As a player whenever any member of my team makes a pass I acknowledge it. As brooks/Marcus was doing to every other pass they recieved last night.

Guest alex1089

Watch these highlights of Barnsley and when Stewart scores his second Brooker and Stewart pat eachother on the back! I think its complete rubbish but i'll see for myself on saturday.

I made nothing up. I made my own observations based on what people have told me (Whether it be true or false). Also how do you know my observations are inaccurate - Didn't realise I was sharing my eyes

As I stated the not celebrating was just a part of it - Yes they were a fair way apart but I get excited and celebrate even if on my own when a team-mate scores.

As a player whenever any member of my team makes a pass I acknowledge it. As brooks/Marcus was doing to every other pass they recieved last night.

Guess we'll see when the highlights are up but I'm pretty sure they celebrated one of Stewart's together.

Nibor

Guest redphilc

Watch these highlights of Barnsley and when Stewart scores his second Brooker and Stewart pat eachother on the back! I think its complete rubbish but i'll see for myself on saturday.

Just watched the highlights and noticed just that.

Nibor - No.9 didn't make it up he just asked if anyone else noticed it. I haven't suggested Stewart was on the waterfront that evening just that he may not have agreed with one of the alleged incidents and by that I am not refereing to the "Murray" one. If you were there you would know what I am talking about. However judging by the reaction of Stewart's penalty by Brooker they may actually appreciate each other more than we thought.

Frankly it makes little difference whether our two main strikers "get on" off the pitch.In fact an "edge" can actually make them play better.That extra liitle bit of competition could make the difference between getting on the end of a cross or missing it altogether.

Having a point to prove can sharpen up your reactions no end.....

In my playing days I played up front every week with a guy for four seasons and we really disliked each other off the pitch - but on it we linked well together and scored 58 goals one season between us.I can honestly say that he never denied me a pass or me him - but we argued who would take a penalty or a free-kick and that extra bit of rivalry made all the difference.I always wanted to score more goals than him and the same applied to him.

Frankly it makes little difference whether our two main strikers "get on" off the pitch.In fact an "edge" can actually make them play better.That extra liitle bit of competition could make the difference between getting on the end of a cross or missing it altogether.

Andy Cole & Teddy Sheringham hate each others guts. In Cole's autobiography he said that Teddy had blamed him for a goal Man Utd had conceded, and they didn't speak to each other off the pitch after that. Yet they struck up a very successful title-winning partnership.

Archived