IGNORED

Striker Alert

Bristol Boy

Having seen Madjo for a second time, I'm not sure, but I'd persist with him particularly on the basis of GJ's record of developing younger players.

Bridges hasn't set the world alight, although, in fairness, he hasn't had much of a chance.

However, if things go really well and the old purse strings loosen, there's a player who's caught my eye who I'd love to see next to Brooker and that's Nathan Tyson at Wycombe.

They turned down £300k before the deadline from Cardiff, so he's probably outside of our transfer budget by, er, well.........about £300k really, but you never know, a few wins and a top six position and old SL might be persuaded :D

Having seen Madjo for a second time, I'm not sure, but I'd persist with him particularly on the basis of GJ's record of developing younger players.

Bridges hasn't set the world alight, although, in fairness, he hasn't had much of a chance.

However, if things go really well and the old purse strings loosen, there's a player who's caught my eye who I'd love to see next to Brooker and that's Nathan Tyson at Wycombe.

They turned down £300k before the deadline from Cardiff, so he's probably outside of our transfer budget by, er, well.........about £300k really, but you never know, a few wins and a top six position and old SL might be persuaded :D

I think I read that Sheff Weds offered 500k and this was turned down BB. So maybe Wycombe are waiting for the January transfer window to open before they start a bidding war. Hes scored 11 goals so far in the league. Can see him going to a championship club especially id agents are involved. :(

And Brooker, Stewart, Bridges, Gilly, Madjo cant all find a way to do the job? instead of spashing out money on a striker we don't need?

Until GJ arrived, Brooker was the only one I'd have staked any money on and Bridges, Madjo & Gilly are all unproven, at present.

Think ahead and go for the best.

Wigan were top of the Division when they signed Ellington.

Until GJ arrived, Brooker was the only one I'd have staked any money on and Bridges, Madjo & Gilly are all unproven, at present.

Think ahead and go for the best.

Wigan were top of the Division when they signed Ellington.

True, id just like to see johnson make a important signing and maybe your right..

To be honest bridges hasnt really been given the chance to play up front alot and gilly scored vs forest..

Madjo scored 5 for reserves..

They have potential..

Bridges = unproven?? hardly, he has played at the highest level in europe, so I would suggest he has nothing to prove.

Now if you are asking if he still has it? thats a different matter, from what I have seen, he has all the skill, just needs a run in the side and a goal or two and he could end up being he best player in this division by a country mile.

Bridges = unproven?? hardly, he has played at the highest level in europe, so I would suggest he has nothing to prove.

Now if you are asking if he still has it? thats a different matter, from what I have seen, he has all the skill, just needs a run in the side and a goal or two and he could end up being he best player in this division by a country mile.

Don't forget that he hasn't had a full season, or anywhere near that, for about 5 years now. Some of the touches he's shown have been sublime, but he needs to get playing on a regular basis.

Don't forget that he hasn't had a full season, or anywhere near that, for about 5 years now. Some of the touches he's shown have been sublime, but he needs to get playing on a regular basis.

With Stewart one booking away from a suspension he may get it, he is the like for like replacement I think Magic will use.

I think there are areas in the team where the money would make a much bigger difference, notably on the left side.

Agreed

We have 5 strikers and I think every single one is at the very least capable for this division.

Nibor

We will still struggle if Brooker is out for along time and Madjo doesn't cut the mustard.

Well he has to me because, so far,he hasn't done it here or at all, lately.His best form was a long while and some serious injuries ago.

Let's hope so.I'm worries about his lack of pace and fitness.

We will still struggle if Brooker is out for along time and Madjo doesn't cut the mustard.

I think the way that the team is playing good passing football to feet at the moment any of Gillespie, Bridges or Madjo would be a perfectly adequate replacement.

If we were continually resorting to long ball crap I'd agree that we might struggle. With or without Brooker ;)

Nibor

I think Stewart will end up being City's top scorer this season with Brooker just behind.My guestimate is Stewart 25 and Brooker 23.

Assuming they both stay fit.....

Optimistic but I agree.

We don't need any more strikers but my sources tell me that Johnson rates Rochdale's Grant Holt, as do I (I don't actually have any sources, but my mate told me that Yeovil tried to sign Holt. Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon though!).

on the tyson subject, he will almost certainly be sold in january and for nowhere near £750,000 because he has already stated that he will leave when hs contract expires in the summer, but i believe he harbours championship ambitions-although he could be the one to get us there

I doubt we'd be willing to fork out even a third of that fee, won't see him at the gate.

I think I read that Sheff Weds offered 500k and this was turned down BB. So maybe Wycombe are waiting for the January transfer window to open before they start a bidding war. Hes scored 11 goals so far in the league. Can see him going to a championship club especially id agents are involved. :(

When the transfer window opens up again, we will have to get rid of some players that will not cut it in the Championship i,e Murray and Smith . GJ & Sl will need to start building for that final end of season push and for the season to come. Thats why Luton & Wigan are doing well in the Championship, they built their squads for the future. We need to start doing the same.

When the transfer window opens up again, we will have to get rid of some players that will not cut it in the Championship i,e Murray and Smith . GJ & Sl will need to start building for that final end of season push and for the season to come. Thats why Luton & Wigan are doing well in the Championship, they built their squads for the future. We need to start doing the same.

With regards to Grant Smith.Swindon fans said that he was carp for the first half of the season and barely got a game but then started putting in some impressive performances and scored a few goals.Maybe Johnson will stick with him.

With regards to Grant Smith.Swindon fans said that he was carp for the first half of the season and barely got a game but then started putting in some impressive performances and scored a few goals.Maybe Johnson will stick with him.

Grant Smith doesn't look particularly fit to me. He seems to be puffing hard after 20 minutes a la Doherty. Johnson has said he wants athletes in his teams, so I should think that's why Smith wasn't even on the bench against Barnsley.

It's simple for Smith. If he wants to feature he needs to get his head down, work hard and get fit. If he doesn't he'll be gone. Of course that applies to them all.

Archived