IGNORED

Fair Play Cotterill

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

Fair play to him, someone who actually cares about the long run of the club!!

Had any of the other players cared about the club who have now gone they would have signed an extension with the understanding that if a bigger club came in with an offer they would be allowed to go regardless.

Good on Dave, i imagine that if one of these clubs make an offer it will be accepted out of respect to him as city will get a decent fee now rather than a measly 50k.

Had anyinsah signed a contract for example and city said ok any offer above x amount you can leave this would have made the club money as well as helping the players career.

Fair play to him, someone who actually cares about the long run of the club!!

Had any of the other players cared about the club who have now gone they would have signed an extension with the understanding that if a bigger club came in with an offer they would be allowed to go regardless.

Good on Dave, i imagine that if one of these clubs make an offer it will be accepted out of respect to him as city will get a decent fee now rather than a measly 50k.

Had anyinsah signed a contract for example and city said ok any offer above x amount you can leave this would have made the club money as well as helping the players career.

I do constantly think about Anyinsah (not in that way) and how we should have got him a new contract sooner. I think the club should operate a policy of offering players contracts 3 months before there current one expires, and if they intend to not offer them one then to let the player know. That way we shouldnt have situations where we are offering our own players a contract alongside otherclubs offers. Joe was only a fringe player but everyone could see he had potential! I really don't understand why we waited untill his current one had expired before offering him a new one, perhaps someone could enlighten me please.

Also am i right in thinking that when you enter the final 6 months of your contract you can be approched by other clubs with a contract and the compensation settled by tribunal? If so then it throws my 3 months rule out the window so youll have to make it a seven month rule instead !!!!

:blush:

I thought we were moving on from Tinnion bashing? Are you suffering from Cold Turkey and need one final hit?

KNR - Define BT bashing ?

GJ has said he can turn DC into some player ( todays WDP )

I was wondering if DC stalled on signing his contract under BT. I know that BT gave him his break & sure he will be grateful for this.

But finding himself in & out of the team - I wonder if GJ has given him that little extra boost.

I don't see this as BT bashing - just wondering if GJ was the main reason that it was signed now & not during BT's tenure.

:city:

I thought we were moving on from Tinnion bashing? Are you suffering from Cold Turkey and need one final hit?

Just ignore it KNR. It's just a wind up merchant fishing. Nothing more nothing less.

Not rocket science though.

Was it rocket science to see Scott Brown was a good player with bags of potential?

Good players slip through the net at clubs all the time. Large numbers of them are released by clubs who later watch aghast as they prove themselves elsewhere and move on for big money.

Fair play to Dave Cotterill. He signed a new deal with City even though he knew of interest headed by Newcastle. Chelsea and Arsenal have also been showing interest.

He could easily have walked away to a new club for next to nothing.

Good job by mr. Lansdown for giving him a new contract

:chant6ez:

How do you know they were interested?

Havent heard those stories on the grape vine.

I'm sure that the so called Tinnion bashing will stop, When all of Tinnion legend fan club stop trying a)find him a job at bcfc b)credit him with all our recent results c)building stands in his honour d)errecting statues e)lobbying the pope to have him sainted.

I know that most of the legend brigade are young and only have him as point of reference for legend status, But, Some of us can actually remember watching real legends Atyeo, Gow, Gibson etc.

No you're not. If you were your first comment would have been positive about GJ rather than negative about Tinnion surely?

Going to respond to the question about the drinking club in this thread?

Nibor

ahhhh...and I thought everyone had got all positive again.

Good to see the spirit of forgive and forget lives long with some of the participants on here.

I'm sure that the so called Tinnion bashing will stop, When all of Tinnion legend fan club stop trying a)find him a job at bcfc b)credit him with all our recent results c)building stands in his honour d)errecting statues e)lobbying the pope to have him sainted.

I know that most of the legend brigade are young and only have him as point of reference for legend status, But, Some of us can actually remember watching real legends Atyeo, Gow, Gibson etc.

aha - easy tiger, you're making FAR too much sense!!

a) Only one person will make that decision. And I trust him completely to make the right one for Bristol City.

b)I think people are saying it his his squad, he just couldn't get them to gel (sorry, hate that word but can't think of a better one). I think this is said to counter people who have said he left the club in a worse position than Pulis did.

c) Yes, that is ridiculous. There are many people more deserving of such an accolade and I'm sure Tinnion himself would agree.

d) You're making these up now. :D

I think your last point is spot on. Younger fans should be allowed their legends and their enthusiasm to boil over, just as it did with us older fans in our first flush of youth. They don't need us miserable old buggers dampening that as it serves no purpose, and the esteem they hold players like Tinnion in does nobody any harm really.

I think your last point is spot on. Younger fans should be allowed their legends and their enthusiasm to boil over, just as it did with us older fans in our first flush of youth. They don't need us miserable old buggers dampening that as it serves no purpose, and the esteem they hold players like Tinnion in does nobody any harm really.

but I like being a miserable old bugger!

at what age am I allowed to start hoarding footballs that come into my garden, and bursting them with a screwdriver whilst mumbling angrily to the young boy who punted it over?

youth is wasted on the young.

but I like being a miserable old bugger!

at what age am I allowed to start hoarding footballs that come into my garden, and bursting them with a screwdriver whilst mumbling angrily to the young boy who punted it over?

youth is wasted on the young.

I think the time to start doing that is when your attempts to flick the ball up and volley it back over the fence end up with you standing on the ball, going over on your ankle and being forced to hobble up to the fence and hand it back over, much to the merriment of the youngsters waiting.

That was a week last Tuesday for me.

Sounds like Tinnion coached youngsters to me........................................Sorry, I've got to let it go.

a) Only one person will make that decision. And I trust him completely to make the right one for Bristol City.

b)I think people are saying it his his squad, he just couldn't get them to gel (sorry, hate that word but can't think of a better one). I think this is said to counter people who have said he left the club in a worse position than Pulis did.

c) Yes, that is ridiculous. There are many people more deserving of such an accolade and I'm sure Tinnion himself would agree.

d) You're making these up now. :D

Point taken, My point is probably, If Tinnion is a legend of the past 13 years, To me it just proves how poor those years have been......................................................Still in the words of someone who's name escapes me 'onwards and upwards'.

Still in the words of someone who's name escapes me 'onwards and upwards'.

Couldn't have put it better myself. ;) No point in endlessly raking up the past and you won't find me doing that.

I think Gary Johnson could do wonders here, and I'm delighted he's in charge of our club. As with every other manager, he will have my full support as long as I think he is the right man for the job. He's certainly made a brilliant start and I haven't enjoyed a game of football as much as the Barnsley game for ages.

I do constantly think about Anyinsah (not in that way) and how we should have got him a new contract sooner. I think the club should operate a policy of offering players contracts 3 months before there current one expires, and if they intend to not offer them one then to let the player know. That way we shouldnt have situations where we are offering our own players a contract alongside otherclubs offers. Joe was only a fringe player but everyone could see he had potential! I really don't understand why we waited untill his current one had expired before offering him a new one, perhaps someone could enlighten me please.

Also am i right in thinking that when you enter the final 6 months of your contract you can be approched by other clubs with a contract and the compensation settled by tribunal? If so then it throws my 3 months rule out the window so youll have to make it a seven month rule instead !!!!

:blush:

I asked Steve Lansdown if their was a 6 month rule regarding contracts and he said there is no such rule (eg a player is contracted to a club until his contract runs out or (like Tony Thorpe) the player says he will definately not be signing another contract or the player is told by his club that he will not be retained and he can look elsewhere.

BCAGFC

Couldn't have put it better myself. ;) No point in endlessly raking up the past and you won't find me doing that.

I think Gary Johnson could do wonders here, and I'm delighted he's in charge of our club. As with every other manager, he will have my full support as long as I think he is the right man for the job. He's certainly made a brilliant start and I haven't enjoyed a game of football as much as the Barnsley game for ages.

is the new animated thingy a sign of the spirit of change sweeping through?

most welcome

can we now persuade Robbored (?) to change that animated woman thingy, please!

Archived