IGNORED

Hello My Bristol City Friends...

Ibby

...just like to congratulate you all on your 3-2 victory at Griffin Park, but it may have been the last game to have been played between us at Griffin Park. :disapointed2se:

£727,572 Raised, £272,428 To Raise By Saturday 1st October

These next two days will be the biggest two days EVER in the history of Brentford Football Club. We could take a huge step towards our dream of becoming the majority shareholder or we could lose the opportunity altogether.

Like many other clubs, Brentford has been through a succession of owners over the last few decades, with varying results. Through some of the strategies adopted, the Club is now left with an overdraft of GBP4.5m secured against its Griffin Park home. While financially this means that the Club is solvent and this asset could be sold to clear its debts, the reality is that selling Griffin Park without a new stadium available would result in Brentford being forced to pay substantial sums for the right to groundshare elsewhere, probably a significant distance away from the town of Brentford itself.

If we don't raise the £1m then the realtity we are facing is that Ron Noades will sell Griffin Park to ANYONE who wants it. Land in West London is very profitable for property developers and the Griffin Park site would almost definately be snapped up by rich wealthy business people who wouldn't think twice in demolishing our home.

I call upon you people to help us in anyway you can, we need to raise this £1m or our future will be very, very uncertain.

By text

Text 'BEES' to 83338 to donate GBP1.50 to Bees United.

Donate online

To donate to our campaign online, click here.

www.backthebees.com

Thank you.

Mate I wish you luck, also drop a line to Chelsea and see if they really do still "Have their feet on the ground" , Roman just made another 7.2 bill this week. Maybe we should all call on Chelsea as this club is killing English football.

Good luck mate, I shall call the text number a few times and I hope others will.

This is real football and we ALL need to save it.

All the best

Voda

Mate I wish you luck, also drop a line to Chelsea and see if they really do still "Have their feet on the ground" , Roman just made another 7.2 bill this week. Maybe we should all call on Chelsea as this club is killing English football.

Good luck mate, I shall call the text number a few times and I hope others will.

This is real football and we ALL need to save it.

All the best

Voda

I am sure he could squander £300k on something meaningless and stupid. Giving it to help save a club down the road would be much better spent.

Thanks a lot mate.

Just given a small donation. Best of luck. You've come to the right forum as a few of our older members know what it is like for our club to be MINUTES from extinction. There aren't many clubs I would wish that on.

I wish someone could explain that to gaz987.

Thanks mate.

Just checked my guilt-o-meter. Hope you reach the 1m!

:englandsmile4wf:

:laugh:

Thank you.

Perhaps he was not there when 8 of our players ripped up their contracts to save our beloved club from going under in 1982. We were only a matter of hours from going under. We all did then what you are doing now and thank god we survived. If it was not for people like you, english football would be Man U, Chelsea etc.

I take my hat off to you mate, there is no passion like true fans.

:farmer:

Bugger off back up your own end and play.

If it aint you its that whining bleeding seagull..'we aint got a ground'...GARN!

Fair play, when all these little clubs go, who is left.

I bet you love your sky TV.

I watched the biggest heap of **** last night, Liverpool and Chelsea..is that the future.

I bet you make Geoff Merrick and his 7 mates well proud !!!!

:disapointed2se:

Guest MaloneFM

Fair play, when all these little clubs go, who is left.

These 'little clubs' will never go. Accrington Stanley? Still going. WE are the life of this club not Ron Noades nor the prawn sandwich boys.

They want money..dip deeper into your own pockets and stop buying you many sovereign rings you cockney wife beater.

Del boy my arse! :@

These 'little clubs' will never go. Accrington Stanley? Still going. WE are the life of this club not Ron Noades nor the prawn sandwich boys.

They want money..dip deeper into your own pockets and stop buying you many sovereign rings you cockney wife beater.

Yeah, go get em Roge! I'm right behind you!!! (just don't let one go)

Guest MaloneFM

Yeah, go get em Roge! I'm right behind you!!! (just don't let one go)

If I do get the Aldi carrier bag and the can of industrial strength Falcon before the stink sends me blind will you?

There's a poppet...

Malone, nice to see you also like the Clash ( my all time best band).Read the book, Joe Strummer always gave and never took, that is why he died skint. Rock against the rich etc... always put his hand in his pocket to help the rest.

Do you really believe that Brentford are that shallow.

Enjoy your Prem footie mate...real good football on there.

I would rather donate a little to The Bees than subscribe to the ##*kers in the prem, just so they can buy a bigger house etc..

Wrong em Boyo !!!

Guest MaloneFM

Enjoy your Prem footie mate...real good football on there.

I never said I enjoyed Premiership football. You did. I think the Premieship is a total bag of arse. It swilling in money and at the same time broke. Its dull as ditchwater and at the same time the 'best league in the world'.

I just don't agree with other supporters coming on here with ther own beggin bowl. We are a few mill in debt as well. Are they going to name the new stand the Archie Gooch stand?

Screw 'em. And the Cortina they drove in. Who wants to donate to Cardiff by the way? They aint got a pot to pass in either?

Nor me. Give it to some poor little bugger being helped by the NSPCC

I never said I enjoyed Premiership football. You did. I think the Premieship is a total bag of arse. It swilling in money and at the same time broke. Its dull as ditchwater and at the same time the 'best league in the world'.

I just don't agree with other supporters coming on here with ther own beggin bowl. We are a few mill in debt as well. Are they going to name the new stand the Archie Gooch stand?

Screw 'em. And the Cortina they drove in. Who wants to donate to Cardiff by the way? They aint got a pot to pass in either?

Nor me. Give it to some poor little bugger being helped by the NSPCC

I do take your point, fair enough. But i still love The Clash.............that is one thing we do agree on.

No hard feelings

:farmer:

Good luck to you Brentford. You've been showing for a while now how supporters can rally behind their team. It's a massive target to reach in a couple of days and I'm sure with enough supporters like you banging the drum you can do it.

I urge everyone reading this thread to do their bit whether by text or clicking the link Ibby's given and donating a few quid online. As football supporters there's more that unites us than separates us.

Good luck again Ibby!

Milo

P.S. Some of the comments in this thread reminded me of the following:

The road is long

With many a winding turn

That leads us to who knows where

Who knows when

But I'm strong

Strong enough to carry him

He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go

His welfare is of my concern

No burden is he to bear

We'll get there

For I know

He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all

I'm laden with sadness

That everyone's heart

Isn't filled with the gladness

Of love for one another

It's a long, long road

From which there is no return

While we're on the way to there

Why not share

And the load

Doesn't weigh me down at all

He's my brother

He ain't heavy, he's my brother...

Bugger off back up your own end and play.

If it aint you its that whining bleeding seagull..'we aint got a ground'...GARN!

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

Archived