IGNORED

Hello My Bristol City Friends...

Ibby

• Admin

...just like to congratulate you all on your 3-2 victory at Griffin Park, but it may have been the last game to have been played between us at Griffin Park. :disapointed2se:

£727,572 Raised, £272,428 To Raise By Saturday 1st October

These next two days will be the biggest two days EVER in the history of Brentford Football Club. We could take a huge step towards our dream of becoming the majority shareholder or we could lose the opportunity altogether.

Like many other clubs, Brentford has been through a succession of owners over the last few decades, with varying results. Through some of the strategies adopted, the Club is now left with an overdraft of GBP4.5m secured against its Griffin Park home. While financially this means that the Club is solvent and this asset could be sold to clear its debts, the reality is that selling Griffin Park without a new stadium available would result in Brentford being forced to pay substantial sums for the right to groundshare elsewhere, probably a significant distance away from the town of Brentford itself.

If we don't raise the £1m then the realtity we are facing is that Ron Noades will sell Griffin Park to ANYONE who wants it. Land in West London is very profitable for property developers and the Griffin Park site would almost definately be snapped up by rich wealthy business people who wouldn't think twice in demolishing our home.

I call upon you people to help us in anyway you can, we need to raise this £1m or our future will be very, very uncertain.

By text

Text 'BEES' to 83338 to donate GBP1.50 to Bees United.

Donate online

To donate to our campaign online, click here.

www.backthebees.com

Thank you.

Texted the number for you Ibs....

May not have been quite so keen if you hadn't yielded 3 points last Saturday mind :laugh:

Good luck to you Brentford. You've been showing for a while now how supporters can rally behind their team. It's a massive target to reach in a couple of days and I'm sure with enough supporters like you banging the drum you can do it.

I urge everyone reading this thread to do their bit whether by text or clicking the link Ibby's given and donating a few quid online. As football supporters there's more that unites us than separates us.

Good luck again Ibby!

Milo

P.S. Some of the comments in this thread reminded me of the following:

The road is long

With many a winding turn

That leads us to who knows where

Who knows when

But I'm strong

Strong enough to carry him

He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go

His welfare is of my concern

No burden is he to bear

We'll get there

For I know

He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all

I'm laden with sadness

That everyone's heart

Isn't filled with the gladness

Of love for one another

It's a long, long road

From which there is no return

While we're on the way to there

Why not share

And the load

Doesn't weigh me down at all

He's my brother

He ain't heavy, he's my brother...

Ok it might be a good cause but the song lyrics are a bit ott, this is getting depressing.

Ok it might be a good cause but the song lyrics are a bit ott, this is getting depressing.

Maybe it's a bit OTT. The song popped into my head and it seemed appropriate so I thought I'd post up the lyrics anyway.

In case anyone hasn't picked up on the similarities, we too support a football club that has built up a massive debt (could be near to £8.5M when the forthcoming accounts are released) all secured on the ground. If our owners wanted their money back we'd be in the same boat. What's the value of AG to a property developer either for residential property or for retail warehousing? Is it more than its value as a football ground (valued at £8M in the last published accounts)?

So while some may be happy to send them packing in their hour of need, I personally have empathy for their situation. Brentford supporters are in a crisis now and need help now. We might need help tomorrow.

So while some may be happy to send them packing in their hour of need, I personally have empathy for their situation. Brentford supporters are in a crisis now and need help now. We might need help tomorrow.

Spot on Milo.Some people just don't get it - and I would urge all fans to make a donation, no matter how small.Every little helps.

I really hate Brentford.

However, without a doubt, no club deserves what is happening to them. If the 8 had been around in the money grabbing world of today instead of 82 - we may not be a football club right now.

Ive just sent a bunch of texts Ibby - real real good luck Brentford.

I share these sentiments having seen us suffer at Griffin Park on more than one occasion!

However, Milo is spot on and like the good Lord I too shall be making a donation.

Good luck to all Brentford FC fans.

Sorry to be a thicko with this but how does donating by text work?

I have two phones: my own phone that is pay-as-you-go, and my work phone that is on contract.

I assume I can't use my own phone so it has to be a donation by my company? :rofl2br:

Anyway, Brentford is one of my favourite grounds. I LOVE the terracing and the fact that the ground is in a residential area. One way or another there's a donation coming your way, Ibby.

I've donated too.

I'll admit I don't much like Brentford much, but Ibby you seem like a good fan! I've enjoyed reading your postings in the past. It seems the gap between the 'haves' and the 'have nots' is again growing even bigger.

Good Luck.

Have just donated. Nice to have an opportunity to help fellow fans. I wouldn't have done so for a premiership team. We real fans have to stick together - remember Wrexham, and Chester a few years ago?

Best of luck, Ibby, you're a true supporter, hope you reach your goal (but not ours!)

Brentford Supporters' Trust agrees deal with Ron Noades

30 September 2005

Brentford fans have made a huge step forward in their plans to takeover the Club from the current owner, Ron Noades.

Bees United, the Brentford Supporters' Trust has reached agreement with Mr Noades' company, Altonwood, to enable the Trust to exercise its option to acquire the 60% controlling shareholding.

The option agreement, signed in June 2003, was due to expire on 30 September. In order to acquire the shares in Brentford FC Ltd and two associated companies for £2, it required the Trust to arrange a financial restructuring of the Club's current debts and release Altonwood and Mr Noades from their £4.5million bank guarantees.

Bees United and Altonwood signed the Exercise Notice on Friday 30 September and now have four months to complete the legal and financial arrangements, which will result in the supporters taking over ownership of the Club in January.

The supporters Back the Bees fundraising campaign is well on the way to a £1million target to provide an interest free loan to the Club.

Altonwood have agreed to match this with their own £1million interest free loan to the Club for three years and to maintain a £1million bank guarantee against a reduced level of bank borrowing of £2.5million.

Barclays bank have also confirmed that they are prepared to provide the Club with a £2million fifteen year term loan and a £0.5million working capital overdraft facility.

Hounslow Council have also agreed in principle to provide Bees United with a £0.5million, interest-bearing loan.

Bees United Chairman, Brian Burgess said "I must express my thanks to Ron Noades and his colleagues at Altonwood for the flexible approach they are taking in helping us to exercise the Option and to make progress towards completing the acquisition of the Club. The extra time gives us until January to complete our fundraising and sort out the legal details".

Barclays bank and Hounslow Council are also being extremely supportive. This a great vote of confidence in Bees United as a responsible community based organisation."

I was at the club when the news break as I was at the club handing in donations that I collected from tins that were distributed by Bees United. We now have until January 2006 to raise the £1m, Brentford is now going to be a fans owned club and to those Bristol City fans who have donated have helped make that possible.

Thank you all. :city:

I was at the club when the news break as I was at the club handing in donations that I collected from tins that were distributed by Bees United. We now have until January 2006 to raise the £1m, Brentford is now going to be a fans owned club and to those Bristol City fans who have donated have helped make that possible.

Thank you all. :city:

Brilliant news, keep up the good work, and remember us lot if we're ever in the same boat.

Long live supporters Trusts!

Guest MaloneFM

I was at the club when the news break as I was at the club handing in donations that I collected from tins

Just because he couldn't manage the club he is now giving away his dole money to BRENTFORD?

A legend no more.

Maybe if u didnt sign all of our poo players u would not be in this situation

Signing your worst players doesn't have anything to do with their debt problems. Although Brentford don't play good football and Allen is a fool, I still wouldn't want them to go under. I'd rather MK Donkeys did.

Guest readingfc rock

Signing your worst players doesn't have anything to do with their debt problems. Although Brentford don't play good football and Allen is a fool, I still wouldn't want them to go under. I'd rather MK Donkeys did.

y not

...just like to congratulate you all on your 3-2 victory at Griffin Park, but it may have been the last game to have been played between us at Griffin Park. :disapointed2se:

£727,572 Raised, £272,428 To Raise By Saturday 1st October

These next two days will be the biggest two days EVER in the history of Brentford Football Club. We could take a huge step towards our dream of becoming the majority shareholder or we could lose the opportunity altogether.

Like many other clubs, Brentford has been through a succession of owners over the last few decades, with varying results. Through some of the strategies adopted, the Club is now left with an overdraft of GBP4.5m secured against its Griffin Park home. While financially this means that the Club is solvent and this asset could be sold to clear its debts, the reality is that selling Griffin Park without a new stadium available would result in Brentford being forced to pay substantial sums for the right to groundshare elsewhere, probably a significant distance away from the town of Brentford itself.

If we don't raise the £1m then the realtity we are facing is that Ron Noades will sell Griffin Park to ANYONE who wants it. Land in West London is very profitable for property developers and the Griffin Park site would almost definately be snapped up by rich wealthy business people who wouldn't think twice in demolishing our home.

I call upon you people to help us in anyway you can, we need to raise this £1m or our future will be very, very uncertain.

By text

Text 'BEES' to 83338 to donate GBP1.50 to Bees United.

Donate online

To donate to our campaign online, click here.

www.backthebees.com

well there's another £1.50 from me good luck with saving ya club. keep us posted on how it works out for you I for one hope you do it

Thank you.

Guest Longford Red

y not

Don't worry, i think the Mockney #### has gone. Pretty sure there is a double helping of Jamie Oliver on the box for him to watch :razz:

Guest readingfc rock

Don't worry, i think the Mockney #### has gone. Pretty sure there is a double helping of Jamie Oliver on the box for him to watch :razz:

Alex_BCFC is a ###### 2 :razz:

Guest MaloneFM

Maybe if u didnt sign all of our poo players u would not be in this situation

Maybe if YOU didn't sign our players just as they go off the boil we wouldn't have a bouncy castle, jelly and ice cream every home game and a big party with balloons and that.

But you wouldn't know about that because its your money we bought it all with. :razz:

Archived