IGNORED

Johnson's Best 11

Robbored

One of the critisms of Tinnion was that he chopped and changed the team almost every game whether he had to or not.

I know its only been two games but I suspect Johnson has already has a good idea of who his best 11 are.

He made just two changes from the Brentford game, one of which was enforced by injury and he brought in Brooker for the inexperienced Madjo.

If all the players remain available for tomorrow I would expect him to start with the same 11 as on Tuesday and also the same bench.

All the players put in good solid performances against B'sley and on that basis none deserve to be dropped.Keeping the same team will also send out the right message to the players - "produce the goods and you'll stay in the side."

The other advantage of course of having a settled side is that they get used to each others strengths and weaknesess and start to gel as a team.

It's the sign of a class manager that knows what he wants from the team and how to get it.

I think looking at our squad it's not hard to see our best 11, which made it even more frustrating when Tins couldn't see it and most of us could!

I think the fact that Johnson is new into the club is a massive bonus and the players feel they need to prove themselves, whereas with Tins if you were his mate then you got in the team it seemed.

Onwards and upwards, we'll be top by Christmas :)

Not another bash at BT ? :disapointed2se:

:D

I find it amazing how in less than a week GJ has managed to get the team to play, the supporters smiling again & the image of BCFC on national television.

The bubble has blown up & may it be some time before it deflates.

We have the feel good factor back & confidence in GJ to know his best team.

I think there is a fair bit of work to do & GJ will make his mark more over the next 10 games.

:city:

Not another bash at BT ? :disapointed2se:

:D

I find it amazing how in less than a week GJ has managed to get the team to play, the supporters smiling again & the image of BCFC on national television.

The bubble has blown up & may it be some time before it deflates.

We have the feel good factor back & confidence in GJ to know his best team.

I think there is a fair bit of work to do & GJ will make his mark more over the next 10 games.

The players were already at AG but its taken a fresh managerial approach to get the best out them.As a fan I like to see managers try to keep a settled side whenever possible and the signs so far are that Johnson will try to do that.

The work Johnson has to do imo is to get the players fitter and tighten up the defence.I don't think that City will have too many problems scoring goals with the quality of strikers an attacking midfielders at the club but it a tall order if they have to score 3 just to get a point away from home...

As a fan I like to see managers try to keep a settled side whenever possible and the signs so far are that Johnson will try to do that.

GJ has had two games and so only ONE opportunity to give us a sign. During that one opportunity he made an unforced change.

It never fails to amaze me how some supporters always see what they want to see even when the evidence is to the contrary.

GJ has had two games and so only ONE opportunity to give us a sign. During that one opportunity he made an unforced change.

It never fails to amaze me how some supporters always see what they want to see even when the evidence is to the contrary.

Yes, but in fairness he was merely bringing Brooker back into a side after he'd been forced to leave him out through injury. One in after injury and one change forced by injury. I'm sure Brooker would have started ahead of Madjo if he'd been fit.

As inept as the results made Tinnion look, lets not forget that he had all sorts of injury probs from day one and couldn't have fielded a settled eleven, at least not a very good one. Ideally, Partridge and Heywood would have been our defensive pairing, and Stewart and Brooker up front all season, but that wasn't to be. Tins had promoted the theory that he had quality cover for every position, but in practice the tinkering just soured the mood among the players more.

GJ has the benefit of hindsight that Tins didn't, and when the majority of the better players are fit, I'd imagine we'll see a settled eleven, not too different from tuesdays line-up you'd think but with Russell and Heywood added.

Archived