IGNORED

Bcfc

Jay

Maybe this is one for the supporters club/FCF & I apologise if this topic has been discussed on previous posts, but here goes....

I'm sure that most us us like to think of ourselves as good, solid & dependable supporters of this club. We by our tickets (be it season tickets or on the day), we might go the aways games when possible, some might subscribe to the 'world' website and some might even be part of the City2000 club. How much further is anyone prepared to go?

There are elements of this club that are still less than perfect. In my opinion, issues such as issuing of tickets, catering costs and the removal of club shop discounts for season ticket holders are but a few areas that could be improved. All clubs need their fans more than they might admit, yet I feel that we aren't looked after as well as I'd hope. Better understanding & assertiveness is required from those behind the scenes running the show. I appreciate the FCF tries to address fans' concerns but is this enough?

The point I'm getting to is this: On average, around 11,000 people choose to attend out home games. Imagine the number of different skills we all posess. We'll have chefs, bankers, construction workers, musicians, sales reps etc., sat watching the game - supporting the club. Why doesn't the BCFC campaign for volunteers to assist with certain elements of this club? I'm not proposing that jobs should be cut within the club, but, in addition, I'm sure many of us (all be it after a bit of gentle persuation) would be willing to lend our skills in order for the club to benefit & vice versa.

For example, say the club were looking to raise their profile & attract more visitors/fans. Surely there is a number of supports out there who work/have worked in marketing/promotion/PR and would be willing to share there knowledge & wisdom? Another example: When we have a high demand for tickets the club never seem to have enough staff to cope (remember the City v Cardiff play-off games a few years back? I queued for over 4 hours). There's gotta be people out there who have worked in similar environments & (after a little training) would be willing to provide an extra pair of hands.

I love this club but I feel like it's quite one sided at the moment.

The problem now, is that I don't have the answers or a solution. My initial though is that anyone willing to volunteer would join a database &/or website & wait to be called upon Maybe this is something for the FCF? Any suggestions from anyone reading this would be gratefully received. I know that I'd be willing to donate time now & again. If some people need an incentive, then maybe the club could offer something in return (club shop vouchers, reduced ticket costs etc.).

In my opinion, this is our club, so let's shape it in to the club we want.

Maybe this is one for the supporters club/FCF & I apologise if this topic has been discussed on previous posts, but here goes....

I'm sure that most us us like to think of ourselves as good, solid & dependable supporters of this club. We by our tickets (be it season tickets or on the day), we might go the aways games when possible, some might subscribe to the 'world' website and some might even be part of the City2000 club. How much further is anyone prepared to go?

There are elements of this club that are still less than perfect. In my opinion, issues such as issuing of tickets, catering costs and the removal of club shop discounts for season ticket holders are but a few areas that could be improved. All clubs need their fans more than they might admit, yet I feel that we aren't looked after as well as I'd hope. Better understanding & assertiveness is required from those behind the scenes running the show. I appreciate the FCF tries to address fans' concerns but is this enough?

The point I'm getting to is this: On average, around 11,000 people choose to attend out home games. Imagine the number of different skills we all posess. We'll have chefs, bankers, construction workers, musicians, sales reps etc., sat watching the game - supporting the club. Why doesn't the BCFC campaign for volunteers to assist with certain elements of this club? I'm not proposing that jobs should be cut within the club, but, in addition, I'm sure many of us (all be it after a bit of gentle persuation) would be willing to lend our skills in order for the club to benefit & vice versa.

For example, say the club were looking to raise their profile & attract more visitors/fans. Surely there is a number of supports out there who work/have worked in marketing/promotion/PR and would be willing to share there knowledge & wisdom? Another example: When we have a high demand for tickets the club never seem to have enough staff to cope (remember the City v Cardiff play-off games a few years back? I queued for over 4 hours). There's gotta be people out there who have worked in similar environments & (after a little training) would be willing to provide an extra pair of hands.

I love this club but I feel like it's quite one sided at the moment.

The problem now, is that I don't have the answers or a solution. My initial though is that anyone willing to volunteer would join a database &/or website & wait to be called upon Maybe this is something for the FCF? Any suggestions from anyone reading this would be gratefully received. I know that I'd be willing to donate time now & again. If some people need an incentive, then maybe the club could offer something in return (club shop vouchers, reduced ticket costs etc.).

In my opinion, this is our club, so let's shape it in to the club we want.

There is a framework for this being established at the moment, which looks to draw on supporters skills and contacts and offer them in a structured way to work with the club. The Supporters Trust will launch shortly and is currently being planned by a group of supporters who come from just the sort of backgrounds that you outline.

I am interested in the things that you state need addressing like shop discounts and catering. Why not add these to the sub forum just started at http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/. The only way a Trust can be truly representative of all supporters views is if it receives this sort of comment and feedback

Good post by the way. It needs people to be thinking about these issues. :)

Archived