IGNORED

Worst News In Weeks

bristolmod

As much as Orr has impressed in the last two games I think Carey is a better option at right back as an attacking option.

Carey's problem had been his tendency to hoof the ball forward and give possesion back to the opposition.He didn't do it half as much when he played under Wilson and had Murray in front of him but since Murrays' has been in and out of the team Carey's distribution has been dreadfull.

If Orr gets injured or suspended and Carey gets back in at right back I've no doubt that Johnson wouldn't tolerate Carey whooshing the ball up the pitch as Tinnion did.Carey would find himself out of the team pretty quickly imo.

As much as Orr has impressed in the last two games I think Carey is a better option at right back as an attacking option.

Carey's problem had been his tendency to hoof the ball forward and give possesion back to the opposition.He didn't do it half as much when he played under Wilson and had Murray in front of him but since Murrays' has been in and out of the team Carey's distribution has been dreadfull.

If Orr gets injured or suspended and Carey gets back in at right back I've no doubt that Johnson wouldn't tolerate Carey whooshing the ball up the pitch as Tinnion did.Carey would find himself out of the team pretty quickly imo.

I wouldn't drop Orr now because he's probably on a bit of a high at the moment. Other than the hoofing (and the nights out that people refer to on here) my problem with Carey has been his on-pitch attitude. Again, as with all the players, it may have been the low confidence, but I have watched him at times not just being hesitant, but seeming to not really care. As an experienced player, there have been a couple of games when I expected him to try to rally the team, to give the younger lads a lift, but instead just looked as though he was trying to coast through the game unnoticed.

The fact is that Johnson has re-invigorated the team.

I would imagine that players like Carey and Fortune will improve under GJ as have the others.

People should get off Clayton's back and at least give him a chance to show what he can do under decent management.

If GJ feels they aren't good enough then fair enough wave goodbye, but in the meantime lets try something really new.....NOT slagging our own players!!!!

it's not too hard, even for the seasoned moaner, and you get a sense of great well being in supporting the entire squad. Try it, you might like it.

SO......

I propose an end to the Fortune is rubbish posts/Wilkshire is weak/Carey is a hoofer etc and lets put our faith in GJ to get the boys back on track.

Having played dreadful all season and now turning it around and winning a couple of games, why would we want to drop the players who are responsible for the improved fortunes of the club and themselves a few games down the line and reintroduce the comfort zoners who couldn't give a flying (I tried to say a naughty word) about the club or the remainder of their non-descript careers. You know the ones, them who were moaning about sitting on the same team bus as others earning more money than them (the others being far better players as it turns out)!!

As for Carey being a better attacking option - he simply could not play at the tempo we reached at times on Tuesday. Centre Half and "emergency" full back cover is the best that boy can hope for in my opinion.

Having played dreadful all season and now turning it around and winning a couple of games, why would we want to drop the players who are responsible for the improved fortunes of the club and themselves a few games down the line and reintroduce the comfort zoners who couldn't give a flying (I tried to say a naughty word) about the club or the remainder of their non-descript careers. You know the ones, them who were moaning about sitting on the same team bus as others earning more money than them (the others being far better players as it turns out)!!

As for Carey being a better attacking option - he simply could not play at the tempo we reached at times on Tuesday. Centre Half and "emergency" full back cover is the best that boy can hope for in my opinion.

I'm not advocating that Orr be replaced by Carey! I said that when or if Orr gets injured or suspended that Carey would offer a bit more of a threat going forward down the right hand side - That said maybe Johnson will improve that side of Orr's game. After all by his own admission Orr has alot to learn.

Archived