IGNORED

Chelsea Killing Football?

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

am i aloe in thinking that chelsea are killing the english game? as little chance as we had to start with of ever winning the 1st division chelsea hav now completely shattered it with boring football, safe play and unlimited money (which doubled on wednesday)

kick em out

am i aloe in thinking that chelsea are killing the english game? as little chance as we had to start with of ever winning the 1st division chelsea hav now completely shattered it with boring football, safe play and unlimited money (which doubled on wednesday)

kick em out

the championship high lights were better than the premiership

No, I don't agree.

For starters, Liverpool have matched them on several occasions. Wigan had a real go and set themselves up well and nearly got a reward.

I think all this talk is coming from the papers via the likes of Fergie and Wenger who, although they have the squads to match Chelsea man for man, cannot work out the formula to break them down.

Chelsea's squad is strong, but, others are in the same area.

Just because Chelsea get their tactics right and don't drop stupid points at teams like Blackburn, everybody moans about them.

Chelsea are trying to maximise their potential. It is up to the others to find a way to maximise theirs to compete.

Arsenal got it tactically spot on a few years ago and were famous for winning 1-0. Nobody seemed to mind that; it was good tactics, strong players, good team-work etc.

What is the difference now apart from grossly inflated transfer fees?

Just because Chelsea will pay £20m+ for Drogba and £18m ish for Shaun Wright-Phillips it doesn't mean that Chelsea can now eclipse all other teams in terms of a central striker and a right-midfielder does it?

Van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo are two far better players in those positions, but, people tend to brush over that.

In short, Chelsea are performing; others need to do the same. If they don't, it can only be them making the premiership boring as they can't reach a performance level to compete!

Guest MaloneFM

don't care. Let the Premiership roll on its over hyped way all the time. I don't want us to be a part of it ever. The day we go up is the time to get interested in other things until we come back to reality again

don't care. Let the Premiership roll on its over hyped way all the time. I don't want us to be a part of it ever. The day we go up is the time to get interested in other things until we come back to reality again

Disagree. Ambition is what we need. Charlton have done it. Birmingham have done it, half the clubs in the prem now have managed to stay in there after going up, look at newcastle.

The ambition for every club in this country is to get to the premiership, the highest league possible.

What's the point in supporting if there is nothing to support, just a easy road to stability. I want success and I would imagine most would too.

Disagree. Ambition is what we need. Charlton have done it. Birmingham have done it, half the clubs in the prem now have managed to stay in there after going up, look at newcastle.

The ambition for every club in this country is to get to the premiership, the highest league possible.

What's the point in supporting if there is nothing to support, just a easy road to stability. I want success and I would imagine most would too.

I want City to win every single game they take part in - that's about as ambitious as any fan is obliged to be.

We fans, however, all have principals. One of mine is that I am not happy with the way that football n England is changing. The Sky/Premiership revolution was great for big teams but not so for smaller ones.

The whole football experience is changing. I am glad, particularly considering what the ticket prices would be, that we are not in the Premiership. What good is ambition if you can't afford to watch your team?

Just had a hot bath with Olbas Oil to help with this damn firking man-flu which quite frankly, is getting on my testes.

Anyway, it got me wondering who has the best overall starting XI forgetting injuries, formations played etc. etc.; otherwise the playing field can never be the same and I don't know what formation any of them play!!

So, I don't know what the result is going to be yet, but for the Arsehal, Manure and Chelski teams I would play in a 4-4-2 formation, I am going to mark the best player in each position with 1, 2 or 3 points.

It's a boredom reliever and probably doesn't prove jack-chit, but, hey - no worse than most of the other posts on here!! :devil:

So, the scoring (IMO only) :-

GK - Lehmann, Van Der Sar and Cech - 1 point to Arse, 2 points to ManU, 3 points to Chel

RB - Lauren, Neville and Ferrari - 2 to Arse, 3 to ManU, 1 to Chel

CB1 - Campbell, Ferdinand, Terry - 1 to Arse, 2 to ManU, 3 to Chel

CB2 - Toure, Silvestre, Gallas - 3 to Arse, 1 to ManU, 2 to Chel

LB - Cole, Heinze, Del Horno - 2 to Arse, 3 to ManU, 1 to Chel

RM - Ljunberg, Ronaldo, Robben - 1 to Arse, 3 to ManU, 2 to Chel

CM1 - Gilberto, Keane, Lampard - 2 to Arse, 1 to ManU, 3 to Chel

CM2 - Fabregas, Scholes, Makele - 1 to Arse, 2 to ManU, 3 to Chel

LM - Pires, Giggs, Duff - 3 to Arse, 2 to ManU, 1 to Chel

CF1 - Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Drogba - 3 to Arse, 2 to ManU, 1 to Chel

CF2 - Bergkamp, Rooney, Crespo - 2 to Arse, 3 to ManU, 1 to Chel

Totals :-

Arsehal - 21

Manure - 24

Chelski - 21

Well, that was boring! :D

Just had a hot bath with Olbas Oil to help with this damn firking man-flu which quite frankly, is getting on my testes.

Anyway, it got me wondering who has the best overall starting XI forgetting injuries, formations played etc. etc.; otherwise the playing field can never be the same and I don't know what formation any of them play!!

So, I don't know what the result is going to be yet, but for the Arsehal, Manure and Chelski teams I would play in a 4-4-2 formation, I am going to mark the best player in each position with 1, 2 or 3 points.

It's a boredom reliever and probably doesn't prove jack-chit, but, hey - no worse than most of the other posts on here!! :devil:

So, the scoring (IMO only) :-

GK - Lehmann, Van Der Sar and Cech - 1 point to Arse, 2 points to ManU, 3 points to Chel

RB - Lauren, Neville and Ferrari - 2 to Arse, 3 to ManU, 1 to Chel

CB1 - Campbell, Ferdinand, Terry - 1 to Arse, 2 to ManU, 3 to Chel

CB2 - Toure, Silvestre, Gallas - 3 to Arse, 1 to ManU, 2 to Chel

LB - Cole, Heinze, Del Horno - 2 to Arse, 3 to ManU, 1 to Chel

RM - Ljunberg, Ronaldo, Robben - 1 to Arse, 3 to ManU, 2 to Chel

CM1 - Gilberto, Keane, Lampard - 2 to Arse, 1 to ManU, 3 to Chel

CM2 - Fabregas, Scholes, Makele - 1 to Arse, 2 to ManU, 3 to Chel

LM - Pires, Giggs, Duff - 3 to Arse, 2 to ManU, 1 to Chel

CF1 - Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Drogba - 3 to Arse, 2 to ManU, 1 to Chel

CF2 - Bergkamp, Rooney, Crespo - 2 to Arse, 3 to ManU, 1 to Chel

Totals :-

Arsehal - 21

Manure - 24

Chelski - 21

Well, that was boring! :D

from a clearly neutral point of view there is NO chance gilberto is better than roy keane

the point is though if chelsea want a player they get him care to do any adding up of prices of the players???

kick em out

what a load of tosh they are far better than anyone and people are jelous of them ,if it was man utd it would be best football ever but as its chelsea then it boring??

what a load of tosh they are far better than anyone and people are jelous of them ,if it was man utd it would be best football ever but as its chelsea then it boring??

have they earned their players??? no a billionare just bought them they would have done a leeds had roman (football killer) not bought them they have bought english football and when utd were at the top at least they played excitingly, chelsea are dull and extremely boring

kick em out

Hello Sir Alex.

BCAGFC :razz:

have they earned their players??? no a billionare just bought them they would have done a leeds had roman (football killer) not bought them they have bought english football and when utd were at the top at least they played excitingly, chelsea are dull and extremely boring

Care to add up the fees for Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Rooney, Ferdinand, Howard, Veron, Forlan etc?.

As for having to buy players, before the rules regarding youth players (young players must now live within 2 hrs travelling time of club) Man Ure had a monopoly on them (actually flying 1 player, Moonariuck, to and from training/matches), where do you think David Beckham comes from, I can tell you it is not Moss Side.

BCAGFC :D

Care to add up the fees for Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Rooney, Ferdinand, Howard, Veron, Forlan etc.

BCAGFC :D

but where did that money come from??? oh yeah a lot of good young players who earned the premier league(9?) f.a cup(4?) league cup(1) euro cup winners cup(1) european cup(1) european super cup(1) how bout chelski??? let me see a russian billionaire!

they have bought football

from a clearly neutral point of view there is NO chance gilberto is better than roy keane

the point is though if chelsea want a player they get him care to do any adding up of prices of the players???

I think Keane is a great player, but, looking his age this season; all about opinions of course.

I don't actually see the relevance of the money issue as I hinted in my first post talking about Wright-Phillips and Drogba v Van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo.

Much more was paid for the former, but, most would choose the latter pairing in their team. So, if Chelski want to pay stupid money for lesser players, that is their choice.

My point is they are not buying players that completely out-strip others; in this case they have bought lesser players, hence, the argument that Chelsea is buying the title and making it boring does not wash with me.

Chelsea are simply ensuring with stupid fees that they get the man they want to fit in to the pattern their Manager wants.

Value has no real meaning in terms of whether Chelsea are actually that much better than the rest. The truth is, I believe, they are not.

In fact, with the players they have, they are under-performing. There is no excuse for Manure, Arsehal, Liverfool etc. that they are not right up their with them other than poor tactics, poor team selection, unsatisfactory team work and too many individual below-par performances.

Chelsea can surely not be accused of killing the Premiership when others aren't even making it hard for them surely?

I think your view is a bit naive. You can't blame one club for destroying football. As has already been commented, if it's Man Utd ruling the roost it's considered normal and acceptable.

I would say that if you wanted to point your finger at something, just look at money full stop. Chelsea are merely symptomic of the money that's changed the game in last the 25 years.

Personally, I do wonder if real football fans will vote with their feet in the end and perhaps turn to watching the amateur game. So, much of the modern game seems to revolve around the tastes and values of bourgeois businessmen.

I think your view is a bit naive. You can't blame one club for destroying football. As has already been commented, if it's Man Utd ruling the roost it's considered normal and acceptable.

I would say that if you wanted to point your finger at something, just look at money full stop. Chelsea are merely symptomic of the money that's changed the game in last the 25 years.

Personally, I do wonder if real football fans will vote with their feet in the end and perhaps turn to watching the amateur game. So, much of the modern game seems to revolve around the tastes and values of bourgeois businessmen.

I'd imagine that eventually financial regulations will be force upon Premirship clubs (wage caps etc) but not until things have got a lot worse.

Guest redphilc

I was in Guildford this week for a visit to head office. A lot of the guys up there were Chelsea season ticket holders but it is getting more and more expensive. Most of them now only go and watch Aldershot and other local teams. Although the quality is not as good they love the day out and say its better than watching Chelsea. They all used to watch Aldershot already as more and more of the premier league games are on Sunday or midweek so their saturday is usually free. But now they don't bother with Chelsea at all.

So in answer to you question is Yes football fans will vote with their feet and not necessarily turn to the ameteur game but the next best alternative to the over priced, over comercialized rubbish they are currently being served with.

To be honest I can see the game financially imploding. Clubs at all levels are paying far too much on wages - is anyone really worth £100,000+ per week? Unless there is some sort of sensible wages and pricing structure within the whole game, the game itself is in trouble. The ordinary fan is being priced out of the game, and the moment it stops being a fashion for celebrities and those with more money than sense... and has no working class base to fall back upon because they've all voted with their feet and done other things on a Saturday afternoon - the Chelsea's of this world are doomed.

Guest MaloneFM

And the wage structure wont work either. Say the wage cap is £5000 a week. And we could afford and so could Swinedon. We'd chuck in a free house and a car. They'd chuck in a few tea bags and so it will go on.

This was the inevitable consequence of the premiership philosophy, top footballers now earn far more than they are really worth, and the club with the most money inevitably becoming dominant. The financial consequences of relegation from the prem are so dire that clubs are playing not to lose rather than playing to win, and that makes for dull football at any level. Premoiership attendances also down this season as fans get fed up of high ticket prices for little entertainment.

The upside is that all the manure/arse/chealsea "fans" in Bristol might start supporting their local team ?

Guest MaloneFM

See Gez old man I don't think they are that dire.

The two cliches concerning promotion and relegation to and from the Prem are..that's the goal that gets the team a 17 million pound Premiership season..and relegation is financial ruin.

Well if its 17 million quid and they are STILL broke (most of them) fat lot of use it was wasn't it? And if its financial ruin then Barnsley had a nice team bus tuesday night for a team that are ruined. Could afford the petrol too.

right then.... use the correct term...... division one

And even then there be the division one haves and the division one have not's

To think that but a few years ago we were playing the likes of chelskumski

See Gez old man I don't think they are that dire.

The two cliches concerning promotion and relegation to and from the Prem are..that's the goal that gets the team a 17 million pound Premiership season..and relegation is financial ruin.

Well if its 17 million quid and they are STILL broke (most of them) fat lot of use it was wasn't it? And if its financial ruin then Barnsley had a nice team bus tuesday night for a team that are ruined. Could afford the petrol too.

Are you Alan Partridge in disguise ?

and iff it were bristol city would you say the same thing??? dount it

but where did that money come from??? oh yeah a lot of good young players who earned the premier league(9?) f.a cup(4?) league cup(1) euro cup winners cup(1) european cup(1) european super cup(1) how bout chelski??? let me see a russian billionaire!

they have bought football

OMG green eye monster, So Chelsea I'm sorry but he said you can get money from rich people and spend it on players its all wrong ,worng wrong wrong.You have to give the rest a chance,,it makes perfect buisness sense NOT!!!

The only clubs with any massive financial clout in The Premiership are Chelsea (who are in a league of their own - worlwide), Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle. The rest...Villa, Charlton, Tottenham etc have ~ approx the same amount of money to spend. If City spent wisely, invested in a decent youth policy etc in the same way that Ipswich, Norwich Charlton and Bolton (to a greater extent) over the years, we too could have a Premiership club. In our first season(s) up, we would no doubt be concentrating on survival - and there is no point in complaining about it. We would have to play the same cards as Bolton and Charlton for some years! The rewards may come later.

If I was a Charlton fan, I'd be far more content than if I was a Chelsea fan. Imagine if Abramovitch got sick of his new toy, and felt the future lie with another club. Err... that's Chelsea stuffed! Massive bills and no way of paying'em. They'd be far worse of than Leeds ever were, and would be swept out of existance

and iff it were bristol city would you say the same thing??? dount it

OMG green eye monster, So Chelsea I'm sorry but he said you can get money from rich people and spend it on players its all wrong ,worng wrong wrong.You have to give the rest a chance,,it makes perfect buisness sense NOT!!!

if you wish to think of football as more of a business then thats your weird world but i've heard stories that in the early days footballers played for their local teams for hardly any money, i would far prefer that to some of the diving cheats at chelski

Archived