IGNORED

Favorite City Game Of All Time.

mthorpe69

The Plymouth game 2 seasons ago at home was pretty special. It was electric all night in the East End and when we scored... well that was just a blur and I can't remember much about it. :city:

Yep, that gets my vote, an amazing atmosphere and a quality end, I really thought we were going up after that match. :(

Also, due to the enormous amount of Bees fans where I live, the match against Brentford at Griffin Park on Boxing Day of the same season, when Leroy came on and turned the match with 2 goals in the last 10 minutes, will always stick out in my memory, as well as the 3-2 last Saturday. :)

Battle of the Aloma at the Hawthorns, City won 1-0 to continue their push to Div 1 after seeing their woodwork save them 5 times and Gerry Gow so knackered he looked dead on his feet. A great day made better by going to Cheltenham Races on the way up and betting Night Nurse to win the Champion Hurdle to pay for the trip.

I remember that game so well. Among many near misses for the Baggies was a fizzer of a shot from Laurie Cunningham that had Cashley beaten all ends up. Unfortunately for Cunningham, Jimmy Mann (I think) was running back to cover, and the ball cannoned into his backside and flew off over the bar. "Supermann" didn't know a thing about it!

Guest filtonred

I remember that game so well. Among many near misses for the Baggies was a fizzer of a shot from Laurie Cunningham that had Cashley beaten all ends up. Unfortunately for Cunningham, Jimmy Mann (I think) was running back to cover, and the ball cannoned into his backside and flew off over the bar. "Supermann" didn't know a thing about it!

Yes this is the one for me.

2nd Portsmouth 1-0 at home to give us promotion to proper Div 1

3rd City 2 Oldam 0 1965 another promotion day

Yes this is the one for me.

2nd Portsmouth 1-0 at home to give us promotion to proper Div 1

3rd City 2 Oldam 0 1965 another promotion day

:englandsmile4wf: Then you remember the tail back on motorway coming off near west brom ground a mass of red and white standing on cars' vans or on mway doing the walk on? and that was before kickoff

Littlewoods semi final in '88 versus Forest.

I remember that Mardon goal.To the left of us there was a huge inflatable Fyffe banana which had "FOREST FYFFE CITY NIL" on it.Soon as Mardon scored it was de-flated :laugh:

I also rember when we went one-up loads of spit raining down on us from the main stand.

The home leg.I got all the way to the ground only just realising I left my ticket at home.Luckily I got there early and being very fit back then I ran all the way back to Hartcliffe to retrieve it.After getting a lift back to the ground I just made kick-off.

And boy what an atmosphere.

At home, it has to be City v Rovers in 2000? It was on Sky in December on a bitterly cold friday night. The gas were 1 nil up in 30 seconds, but then we ran them ragged with Thorpe scoring probably my favourite city goal. Brown ran it from the ege of the D at the East End to the top left Corner in the Ateyo, he whipped it in to the box on the run and Thorpe ran across his marker to head into the ground past a flailing Nick Culkin. Magic Stuff!!!

Away, it has to be the 3-2 win away at Reading when Peacock and Thorpe were simply amazing, and oddly enough another friday night. Again, one nil down early on, and then a goal just before HT and two straight after the break two was just amazing . Reading were riding high and we'd beaten them 4-0 earlier in the year, and their fans were truely gutted. The away end was packed and nobody would sit down.

You gotta love Friday night football, bring on Swindon in 4 weeks!!!! :D

Archived