IGNORED

Scott Brown Is The New Doc

joe moore (city til i die)

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

The way he ran their full back down for the third on tuesday was very impressive. He certainly adds a but more steel and fight to our midfield. Maybe not quite as good yet as Doc was at breaking upthe play but i'm sure he will get there and will be a fantastic player for us (or someone else) in the future.

yeah preston, qpr and reading will all be down ere soon

Doc was a lot more that just tackling. Some of the touches he could produce were top class. Just a real shame his heart wasn't in it at the City towards the end. Scott Brown is just starting out and if he can turn into the sort of player the Doc was he'll do well. Early doors.

Unfortunately he also had the problem that some of his "touches" were in our 1/3 of the pitch and resulted in giving goals away at inoportune moments.

I admire Doc, But, Gerry Gow he ain't and never will be, A great waste.

The difference between Brown and Doherty is two fold imo.

Doherty is the more natural footballer than Brown but his attitude and application left alot to be desired.

Brown makes up for the weaknesses in his natural game by having a superb "give all" attitude which was highlighted by his closing down and dispossesing of the B'sley full back leading upto Stewarts second goal on Tuesday night.

What Brown lacks in ability he more than makes up for with his drive and engery.Two words that you simply couldn't apply to Doherty.

IF tommy doc had shown the attitude and desire that SCOTTY BROWN has then maybe he would have been a better player than him. Sadly we will never know as tommy seemed to have other priorities than being a good footballer!!

SCOT BROWN has a long way to go to be another GERRY GOW, but at the moment he is going the right way to becoming one!! :chant6ez:

The difference between Brown and Doherty is two fold imo.

Doherty is the more natural footballer than Brown but his attitude and application left alot to be desired.

Brown makes up for the weaknesses in his natural game by having a superb "give all" attitude which was highlighted by his closing down and dispossesing of the B'sley full back leading upto Stewarts second goal on Tuesday night.

What Brown lacks in ability he more than makes up for with his drive and engery.Two words that you simply couldn't apply to Doherty.

I think that just about sums it up, if TD had half the desire and professionalism shown by Brown he could of been a top flight player.

Guest BeNeRz

Brown is his own player , there's no need to compare him to Tommy.Each have their own abilities and strengths......

I believe that Brown will be one of those hidden jewels that will surprise us either this season or the next..................

He hasnt already surprised you with his ability?

Guest BeNeRz

I believe that Brown will be one of those hidden jewels that will surprise us either this season or the next..................

:doh:

I replied.. hasnt he already?

:doh:

I replied.. hasnt he already?

Yes course he has , I'm just saying that he is still developing and that in time he will become a class act.....I can see him being worth a few quid in the future......

Lets just hope that we don't go and blow it like we did with Lita.........

Guest BeNeRz

Yes course he has , I'm just saying that he is still developing and that in time he will become a class act.....I can see him being worth a few quid in the future......

Lets just hope that we don't go and blow it like we did with Lita.........

Shhhhhhhh

I really hope not to! Never no whats going to happen in football though.. if clubs offer big money how can we turn it down?

Archived